UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

1/18/13 10:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gendry will become the leader of the Brave Companions and make them 2X a ruthless as before.

1/18/13 10:31 PM
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way. Gendry isn't that much of a dick. And the Brave Companions do not exist whatsoever at this point. I think even the scattered remains have been either killed off or further scattered.

1/18/13 11:07 PM
shootfighterbull

He'll obviously start them anew.

I also reckon that one eared Myrcella will wed Tommen and the Lannister's will rule for 1000 years. Phone Post
1/18/13 11:17 PM
LittleKang
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

60 pages of DoD Phone Post
1/19/13 12:57 PM
homegrowncone
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gendry will be the one to forge lightbringer, probably by using oathkeeper and widows wail to try and reforge Ice for LSH or Arya.

1/19/13 2:20 PM
kuruptz
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winter is coming for real. Thats my theory Phone Post
1/19/13 2:32 PM
MickColins
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Martin isn't a terrible writer. He is, however, in desperate need of an editor. The first two books are better than the last batch because he wasn't big enough to just disregard any suggestions/criticisms/etc... In the last two books, you can see his bad habits come out and there is bogs down the books.

1/19/13 3:18 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Arya is going to get her wish and end Cersei's life. Phone Post
1/20/13 8:05 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd have to agree that I don't think he has any clue what he is doing. And Dany has definitely stalled big time.

No idea how he will wrap it up in two geeks but then again, I think we will get lucky to get one more book.

If he doesn't finish it, any suggestions for an author to finish his work? Phone Post
1/20/13 8:54 PM
LittleKang
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guarantee he doesnt know what will happens. He even admitted that. He called Tolkien an architect, that be planned everything out before the first word was written. He said he is more like a gardner, he knows what he planted but doesnt know how it will grow Phone Post
1/20/13 8:55 PM
pbody
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone read the new chapter that GRRM released a couple of weeks ago? I can't seem to motivate myself to read it. An Arianne chapter doesn't get me very excited.
1/21/13 8:46 AM
wizbang
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Jay Edz -  I'd have to agree that I don't think he has any clue what he is doing. And Dany has definitely stalled big time.

No idea how he will wrap it up in two geeks but then again, I think we will get lucky to get one more book.

If he doesn't finish it, any suggestions for an author to finish his work? Phone Post

I thought I'd read that he won't authorize anyone to finish.

Closest he has come is giving the HBO writers a general outline of where he's going.
1/21/13 10:10 AM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang -  I guarantee he doesnt know what will happens. He even admitted that. He called Tolkien an architect, that be planned everything out before the first word was written. He said he is more like a gardner, he knows what he planted but doesnt know how it will grow Phone Post

No, he didn't. He has stated numerous times that he knows how it ends. It is how to get there that is the problem.
1/21/13 3:43 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well the thing is clearly he's an "architect" too. The world is simply too deep and the history too immense.

I figure he has to have AT LEAST:

1) family trees going back generations
2) chronological history going back hundreds of years
3) maps in more detail than what you get in the books
4) detailed geography notes
5) details on each house, incl sigils etc.
6) locations and timelines for all the major and even minor characters to show where they go and when.

I think the corner GRRM's painted himself into is that he is running out of POV characters by killing them and that means he finds it tough to continue to tell the story... so he has to introduce new POV characters to be able to tell readers important plot points... but this expands the story exponentially... which makes it harder for him to come to the end to the story since he keeps giving himself more threads to resolve.

Long story short... the story is spiralling out of his control due to his initial decision to have too many POV characters.
1/21/13 3:48 PM
Zekolas

I Think GRRM is a great writer, I think he will know broad strokes of the story, how things will end, major points in between but is filling in the spaces; this is what most writers do.

I do think he does need an editor or two to help him and just keep him on track. My opinion is the last few books dragged on a little, he could have cut a lot of stuff.

I do not really get the whole Dany story, I was pumped when she got an army took over some cities but I really do not care about the politics of Merene or whatever? I care about the politics of westroth.
1/21/13 6:47 PM
j-money
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember reading he originally had planned the series to be only 5 novels, and now he's saying 7. Do you guys think he's drawing the series out to make more money, or because the series is just running longer than he expected/he's losing a bit of control over the series? Also, do you guys think the series will end with the 7th book?
1/21/13 7:41 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ He's definitely lost control. Keeping Tyrion away from Dany felt like one of the most forced things yet.
1/21/13 7:56 PM
Boofhead3
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All i can say is im punped for the next book, anyone got any idea when it is due? Phone Post
1/21/13 8:39 PM
gord96
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boofhead3 - All i can say is im punped for the next book, anyone got any idea when it is due? Phone Post
No one knows. A popular theory seems to suggest 2015. Another theory is never. Phone Post
1/21/13 8:46 PM
Boofhead3
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 -
Boofhead3 - All i can say is im punped for the next book, anyone got any idea when it is due? Phone Post
No one knows. A popular theory seems to suggest 2015. Another theory is never. Phone Post
2015? damn thats a long time. Hopefully its sooner Phone Post
1/21/13 8:49 PM
shootfighterbull

Itll be out in 2014. We can also expect another dunk and egg story inbetween. Phone Post
1/21/13 9:02 PM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are some elements of bad romantic comedies that are working their way into his stories. But I still want to know how they'll end.
1/21/13 9:19 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also am of the theory we're never getting another book. He took 5+ years to write books when he had all the time in the world. Now he's famous, has the TV series, and is doing the celebrity rounds???

Good fucking luck.
1/22/13 7:32 AM
HayemakeredByHaye
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR - I also am of the theory we're never getting another book. He took 5+ years to write books when he had all the time in the world. Now he's famous, has the TV series, and is doing the celebrity rounds???

Good fucking luck.

Unfortunately, I think you may be right.

No way we get the book by 2014. I would be very happy with 2015. Cant see it happening though.

If you read his blog you can see he just cant muster the effort anymore. Too much other stuff and self delusion.

A day spent checking e-mails is a days work in his opinion.
1/22/13 7:37 AM
HayemakeredByHaye
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To put it in perspective, if it wasnt for his editor telling him to just publish what he had, we may not even have dance with dragons yet.

He isnt really any better at guessing when his books will be done than we are. He orginally thought ADWD would be out in October 2006.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.