UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

11/14/12 12:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sawdusk
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think arya is going to be asked to kill someone of importance to her... either someone she respects or a family member...

that and aegon (the boy with connington) is not Rhaegar's son, but instead a blackfrye (maybe even Illyrio's son)... his appearance was foreshadowed in a feast of crows...

this guy breaks it down:

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/p844r/adwd_spoilers_and_speculation_septon_meribald/

11/14/12 12:47 PM
DW
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pantsless - Tyrion is a Targaryan. The author always goes into decription about Targaryan eyes, and he does the same with Tyrion.
The mad king raped his mother. This is why Tywin hates the imp and double crossed the king.

Agreed that the mad king raped Joanna Lannister, but its the twins that are Aerys offspring. 

The Targ looks are recessive, but Jaime's and Cersei's personality traits are very much Targaryan, and when Jaime refused to leave the kingsguard and become heir to Casterly Rock, Tywin said to him "you are not my son".  It may have been hyperbole, but GRRM always uses those kinds of foreshadowing.

11/14/12 12:49 PM
Mencken
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^But he's also called Jaime his son before, so that doesn't necessarily sync up.

11/14/12 12:53 PM
Zenoplata
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think there are that many secret Targs, it'd be silly for half of the characters to be secret Targs out of the blue.

I totally forgot about Patchface. Some people believe the Drowned God is also the Great Other and that the Iron Born along with Patchface will lead the way for the Others.

11/14/12 12:57 PM
canuck34
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken -
Khun Kao - Jon Snow is actually not a bastard. He is actually the offspring of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, Eddard Stark's nephew. Ned adopts him as his "bastard" to prevent Robert Baratheon from killing him.

That would still make him a bastard....just not Ned's bastard.  Lyanna and Rhaegar aren't married. 

They might have been. Phone Post
11/14/12 12:59 PM
Mencken
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canuck34 - 
Mencken -
Khun Kao - Jon Snow is actually not a bastard. He is actually the offspring of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, Eddard Stark's nephew. Ned adopts him as his "bastard" to prevent Robert Baratheon from killing him.

That would still make him a bastard....just not Ned's bastard.  Lyanna and Rhaegar aren't married. 

He was already married to someone else.  Even a marriage in secret like that wouldn't count

11/14/12 1:01 PM
DW
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 

^But he's also called Jaime his son before, so that doesn't necessarily sync up.

Yeah im just throwing a popular theory out there for people who might not have heard it, but I dont necessarily think its true...But Tywin might not even be aware that the twins are not his...GRRM just likes use those types of subtle hints in his writing.

Similar to The Hound telling Arya as they made their way to Rivverrun

"we might even make it in time for your uncles bloody wedding"

Of course he also uses red herrings and can be purposefully misleading.

11/14/12 1:40 PM
AlphaOnBetaBlockers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg, and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak... but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you" Phone Post
11/14/12 2:05 PM
LittleKang
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heres something i thought of.

Why was Aegon the only one saved from the Mountain??? I think Arrianne Martel is actually Rhaenys Targaryen. Targaryens are known for keeping it in the family, why else would Doran try to wed Arrianne to Viserys. Phone Post
11/14/12 2:06 PM
Zekolas

Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Mencken -

He was already married to someone else.  Even a marriage in secret like that wouldn't count

I agree is actually the offspring of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen.

He does not have a claim to the throne, but he is a warg like most starks, and he is also a Dragon because he is a Targaryen.

He is a dragonwarg and I assume would be able to controll a dragon.
11/14/12 2:06 PM
Zekolas

Also ColdHands= Ben Stark.
11/14/12 2:10 PM
AlphaOnBetaBlockers

I disagree about Cold Hands being Benjen. Phone Post
11/14/12 2:10 PM
canuck34
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also think that Jon Snow will be the return of Azor Ahai. Phone Post
11/14/12 2:24 PM
shootfighterbull

Hodor is the return of Azor Ahai and Coldhands is 100% not Benjen Stark. Phone Post
11/14/12 2:24 PM
dizz
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hodor will be the third dragon rider

11/14/12 2:29 PM
DW

Hodor is gonna Hodor the shit out of some dragons.

11/14/12 3:25 PM
Zenoplata
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Mencken -

What if Robb's will legitamized Jon Snow? He was considered a King by a lot of major houses including the Starks, Tullys and Boltons as well as the Umbers, Manderlys etc.

If Stannis was willing to legitimize Jon Snow that'd leave a few houses but it'd be plenty for pretty much all of the major houses to recognize him. And you already know Dorne would like nothing more than for a Targ to come back and crush King's Landing.

11/14/12 3:27 PM
Zenoplata

Zekolas - Also ColdHands= Ben Stark.

Literally everything we know about Coldhands point to him not being Benjen.

I thought Benjen was going to be Mance when I was first reading through the books, not I just think he's going to show up as a White Walker or dead or something.

11/14/12 3:38 PM
Zekolas

Zenoplata - 
Zekolas - Also ColdHands= Ben Stark.

Literally everything we know about Coldhands point to him not being Benjen.

I thought Benjen was going to be Mance when I was first reading through the books, not I just think he's going to show up as a White Walker or dead or something.

OK after reading a bunch of stuff online I agree. It has been about a year since I finished the last book and I had not look up any fan theories until now.

I never caught the part where they mentioned he was a black brother killed hundreds of years ago. when I first read the book with out analyzing it much that was my first thought.

Also again my memory is fuzzy but there was a wildling skinchanger that was about to die, I think he jumped into another human or possibly a bear?

What was his name and his story?
11/14/12 3:43 PM
Zenoplata

Sixskins was the Warg from the beginning of ADWD I believe. He was the one that took over Orwell's eagle disallowing him a second life. Melisandre had the Eagle burnt causing Sixskins to go insane briefly, and he was later killed and warg'ed into the body of his favorite wolf.

I don't remember if it was Jon Snow or Bran, but one of them took over Sixskin's pack and banged his bitch in front him while Sixskins had to submit - obviously while warg'ed into their Direwolf. I don't think he'll do much else in the story as he wasn't overly important before hand.

11/14/12 3:46 PM
AlphaOnBetaBlockers

Yea, sixskins was mainly there to let you know what really happens to Jon at the end of ADwD. Phone Post
11/14/12 3:55 PM
LittleKang
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -

Sixskins was the Warg from the beginning of ADWD I believe. He was the one that took over Orwell's eagle disallowing him a second life. Melisandre had the Eagle burnt causing Sixskins to go insane briefly, and he was later killed and warg'ed into the body of his favorite wolf.

I don't remember if it was Jon Snow or Bran, but one of them took over Sixskin's pack and banged his bitch in front him while Sixskins had to submit - obviously while warg'ed into their Direwolf. I don't think he'll do much else in the story as he wasn't overly important before hand.

Bran as Summer before he got to the greenseer because the pack was eating a brother of the nightwatch that was dead Phone Post
11/14/12 4:18 PM
dizz
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlphaOnBetaBlockers -  Yea, sixskins was mainly there to let you know what really happens to Jon at the end of ADwD. Phone Post

Think that's a red herring, myself. I think he'll be back as Azor Ahai, not as a warg in Ghost

11/14/12 4:23 PM
AlphaOnBetaBlockers

I think it's both. Warging into Ghost will make sure that he isn't changed like Lady Stoneheart when being revived. It will also make the resurrection a longer ordeal in the story,. Phone Post
11/14/12 4:30 PM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dizz - 
AlphaOnBetaBlockers -  Yea, sixskins was mainly there to let you know what really happens to Jon at the end of ADwD. Phone Post

Think that's a red herring, myself. I think he'll be back as Azor Ahai, not as a warg in Ghost

Totally agree. Jon is obviously the child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen and he's also literally acknowledged as Azor Ahai in ADwD.

In one of Melissandre's chapters she asks R'hllor to grant her a vision of Azor Ahai (Stannis) but she keeps seeing Jon only. Her inner monologue dismisses it as a function of her proximity to Jon, but that's clearly the case of GRRM throwing out a red herring while subtly acknowledging the truth.

Most likely scenario imo is Melissandre resurrects him (similar to Thoros resurrecting Catelyn Stark and Beric Dondarrion) and Jon will be "reborn" as Azor Ahai.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.