UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

3/18/13 11:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brotorious balogna smoker - 
Adventure Runner -
CyborgRoyce - My theory is that Stannis will become commander of the Night's Watch. He can't bend the knee so he'll be forced to either die or take the black. Great commander, hard man and has no interest in women.

That's a good one. Jon Snow will marry Dany or somehow be relieved of his vows then?
Thats very good. Im half way through affc and if stannis doesnt win it all then thats his only option other than death. But stannis is a stubborn man and i think hes gonna go after the iron throne until the last man is standing Phone Post

True. Will Stannis bend the knee when the Iron Throne is his by rights? That wouldn't be very in character. Perhaps if Dany wins the crown and thus is a Targaryan sitting the throne, he may relent. Dunno.
3/18/13 12:33 PM
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stannis will not bend the knee, are you kidding? In his mind, he's already the King, and is just trying to settle down the usurpers.
3/18/13 1:04 PM
Zenoplata
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not saying he thinks Stannis is king, he's saying Stannis thinks Stannis is key and thus will not relent.

Personally I like to think either Tyrion or Jon Snow will win the GOT but it will probably end up being Dany since she's sort of GRRM's Mary-Sue.

I think Lady Stoneheart may be the one that ends up killing Littlefinger, it'd be revenge for Ned and various other treacheries against her family Littlefinger has acted out. May very well be Sansa as well though. Sansa needs some sort of redemption for being a witless twit for so many books, and GRRM's m.o. seems to be redeeming otherwise shitty characters (Jaime, Theon) in various ways or just killing them off in a cruel and twisted manner (Joffrey, the Mountain kind of, Vargo Hoat.)

I think Jaime is going to have a huge role to play. I believe he sacrifices himself for Tommen but not before he kills Cersei (fulfilling her prophecy.)

I think the theories about Aegon/Blackfyre and R + L = J are both true.

I also think the Hound is the gravedigger and that he will meet the challenge against Robert Strong on behalf of the church, finally putting an end to his brother. This will lead to Cersei's execution at the hands/sword of her brother who is obligated as leader of the Kingsguard for some reason.

I believe Jon Snow will be resurrected by Melisandre and that Sam will assist him in slaying the Others with the help of newfound knowledge from the Citadel. I think Jon leads the remainder of Stannis' army along with the combined efforts of the North (Manderly, Robbett Glover, Howlan Reed, the Mormonts etc.) against Ramsay and the Greyjoys before joining the greater army. I think that Robb's declaration is to make Jon Snow king, and that Howlan Reed's revelation to Jon being Lyanna and Rhaegar's son earns him a claim to Kingship of the North.

That's all for now though.

3/18/13 1:08 PM
dizz
542 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sansa's gonna win the game of thrones
3/18/13 1:09 PM
Daredevil73
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sansa's been getting smarter as she goes. She's been observing all the behind the scenes scheming and treachery and she could eventually put that to use.
3/18/13 1:21 PM
LittleKang
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I imagine the Wall falling either because of something Jon Snow or Stannis doing something.
And Stannis will never bend the knee Phone Post
3/18/13 1:25 PM
Rabadaba
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unclewang -

re: the hooded man, I like the theory that it's Theon himself.

He is having somewhat extreme identity issues and blacks out when the killing begins.

Quoting to mark my place in the thread Phone Post
3/18/13 2:02 PM
LittleKang
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rabadaba -
unclewang -

He is having somewhat extreme identity issues and blacks out when the killing begins.

I still think its fair to say Mance Rayder was the hooded man. Phone Post
3/18/13 2:10 PM
canuck34
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang - I imagine the Wall falling either because of something Jon Snow or Stannis doing something.
And Stannis will never bend the knee Phone Post
He will when he realized that Jon is the dude everyone thought Stannis was. Phone Post
3/18/13 3:34 PM
Rabadaba
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang -
Rabadaba -
unclewang -

I agree. Never the less I needed a bookmark as I hadn't finished reading this whole thread. This was just the last post I read at the time. Phone Post
3/18/13 3:43 PM
tehunajammedaconeinmyjimmo
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rabadaba - 
LittleKang -
Rabadaba -
unclewang -

I agree. Never the less I needed a bookmark as I hadn't finished reading this whole thread. This was just the last post I read at the time. Phone Post

It's been quite a while since I read Dance but that doesn't make much sense to me.

3/18/13 3:47 PM
LittleKang

tehunajammedaconeinmyjimmo -
Rabadaba - 
LittleKang -
Rabadaba -
unclewang -

It's been quite a while since I read Dance but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Which part? Phone Post
3/18/13 3:52 PM
tehunajammedaconeinmyjimmo
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theon Durden

3/18/13 5:41 PM
lars_schifinkter
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daeny is AA
3/18/13 5:56 PM
DoubleBagger
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tehunajammedaconeinmyjimmo - 

Theon Durden

That is a good one
3/18/13 6:14 PM
Zenoplata
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brotorious B.I.G -  Im on the fence aboit the hoind and the grave digger thing. They didnt really describe him but they did say he was lame. And he did get a sword to the leg at the inn. And he pet dog. Fits the part but you never know with G.R.R.M Phone Post

It's not only that, but the size is fitting with the Hound. Sandor and Gregor are two of the largest people in Westeros along with a few others like Hodor and Greatjon.

Also there is the story where the Elder Brother discusses how he himself died, or the former person he was died at the Trident. This coincides with the way Sandor/the Hound are described to Brienne. When she asked about th Hound the Elder claims he is dead, when she refers to him as Sandor he says Sandor is at rest.

I think it's notable that Arya prayed for the Hound to die as well. She specifically refered to him as the Hound, yet refered to the Mountain as Gregor Clegane. The Hound was eventually removed from this list however, perhaps alluding to the fact that the Hound aspect of Sandor died at some point due to his redemption and relationship with Arya.

3/18/13 6:15 PM
Zenoplata

I still believe the Hooded Man is either Robbett Glover or another agent of the North.

I believe G.R.R.M. is setting up the "resistance" in the North to be a major plotline as time goes on. He spent a relevant amount of time over the course of the books infusing tidbits about the Glovers and Manderlys into the story, and the motivation is all there for them.

3/18/13 6:34 PM
MickColins
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brotorious balogna smoker -
PR - Stannis will not bend the knee, are you kidding? In his mind, he's already the King, and is just trying to settle down the usurpers.
In your mind stannis is already king?!?!

He fought a single all or nothing battle on the blackwater and lost pretty convincingly imo. In my mind, right now, stannis' only chance is jon snow Phone Post
He actually lost a close battle. If Tywin doesn't show up, Stannis wins. Phone Post
3/18/13 6:45 PM
LittleKang

MickColins -
brotorious balogna smoker -
PR - Stannis will not bend the knee, are you kidding? In his mind, he's already the King, and is just trying to settle down the usurpers.
In your mind stannis is already king?!?!

He fought a single all or nothing battle on the blackwater and lost pretty convincingly imo. In my mind, right now, stannis' only chance is jon snow Phone Post
He actually lost a close battle. If Tywin doesn't show up, Stannis wins. Phone Post
Hell given a couple more hours, stannis would have been inside the castle, cersei and joffrey properly fucked and his troops would have been able to forified against tywins force Phone Post
3/18/13 6:49 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember reading about the priest with the fire sword that the hound fought.

What was his name? I need to research him. Phone Post
3/18/13 6:52 PM
dizz
542 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thoros of Myr?

Or Beric Dondarrion.

Thoros is the priest with the fire sword, but Beric Dondarrion - the lightning lord - fights the Hound in a duel and uses fire to his advantage, though the Hound wins
3/18/13 6:55 PM
LittleKang

dizz - Thoros of Myr?

Or Beric Dondarrion.

Thoros is the priest with the fire sword, but Beric Dondarrion - the lightning lord - fights the Hound in a duel and uses fire to his advantage, though the Hound wins
Correct but why does it look like thoros is fighting the hound in the previews Phone Post
3/18/13 6:56 PM
dizz

I dunno I didn't really notice it to be honest, I only watched the trailer once

I don't recall Thoros ever fighting the Hound in the books, unless they fought in the original melee in book 1 that Thoros won
3/18/13 7:05 PM
LittleKang

dizz - I dunno I didn't really notice it to be honest, I only watched the trailer once

I don't recall Thoros ever fighting the Hound in the books, unless they fought in the original melee in book 1 that Thoros won
No it was beric because hound cleaving him in almost half is pretty vivid Phone Post
3/18/13 7:06 PM
Zenoplata

Beric fights the Hound in trial by combat after they catch him and Arya.

Beric is soundly defeating the Hound due to the Hound's fear of fire, as Beric has lit his sword aflame similar to the way Thoros did, however they seem to be able to do it in a more magical manner now. It seems certain that the Hound is about to die, but Beric's sword suddenly breaks and the Hound nearly chops Beric into halves.

This particular scene seems to be the beginning of the Hound's redemption. He isn't as guilty as everyone believes and the gods appear to be recognizing this although it looks as though he is. At the very last moment he is redeemed (which would parrallel what is going on with his story later in the book.)

Thoros originally lit his sword on fire during melees to confuse and scare his opponents. He would put wildfyre on his blade, causing him to go through many swords. He tells Arya later on that he was a fake priest and that the flaming sword was a parlor trick.

When Beric fights the Hound he cuts his palm with his own sword, wiping his blood over the blade and causing it to ignite. The fact that this may be a side effect of having the breath of life breathed back into one may work with Jon Snow if Melisandre performs the same ritual Thoros performed on Beric (keep in mind Melisandre is a much more powerful priest as well.) If Jon Snow is able to perform this task with his own blood on Longclaw (Valyrian steel) it wouldn't destroy his blade like it did with Beric.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.