UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/22/13 2:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigWilliam
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ItBurnsWheniOG - 
xg47 -
Daredevil73 - With Ned dead, only one man knows the truth now.
At least two men know.... Phone Post
Howland and who else? Phone Post 3.0

Jojen could have seen it in his dreams. Also Bran might find out... Bran can see everything the weirwoods can see. His father prayed for guidance at the tree. BRAN WILL KNOW! Holy shit!
4/22/13 3:35 PM
xg47
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ItBurnsWheniOG -
xg47 -
Daredevil73 - With Ned dead, only one man knows the truth now.
At least two men know.... Phone Post
Howland and who else? Phone Post 3.0
Bloodraven Phone Post
4/22/13 3:38 PM
xg47
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Mormont's bird by proxy Phone Post
4/22/13 3:45 PM
War Potato
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I haven't read thread but is it assumed Melisandre stabbed Jon? Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 3:48 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Potato - So I haven't read thread but is it assumed Melisandre stabbed Jon? Phone Post 3.0
No. It was limey Nights Watch bastards. This is the same lot that killed Lord Commander Mormont, so it isn't too shocking. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 3:50 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Potato - So I haven't read thread but is it assumed Melisandre stabbed Jon? Phone Post 3.0
We assume Melisandra brings him back Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 4:06 PM
anthonyMI
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the show they make a point in saying that Jojan Reed was able to see Robert's Rebellion himself even though Howland didn't talk about it. I assume that will be how the show addresses the Tower of Joy. Phone Post
4/22/13 4:26 PM
Zenoplata
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Bran can see the ghost of Ned or Ned back in time or whatever I guess he could just ask him.

4/22/13 5:16 PM
MMAdotCOM

Jon warged into ghost. Not sure how he will be brought back. Phone Post
4/22/13 5:29 PM
Zenoplata
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melisandre will bring him back like Thoros or Beric did. She is a much stronger priest than Thoros was too.

4/22/13 5:31 PM
Arodjohns
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

Melisandre will bring him back like Thoros or Beric did. She is a much stronger priest than Thoros was too.

This occurred to me too. Hopefully that's what happens.

4/22/13 6:47 PM
MMAdotCOM

how does he go from being in the wolf to back in his body? i haven't seen it done like that. if he was brought back to life would he be both in the wolf and in his body?
4/22/13 6:49 PM
Zenoplata

I'm not sure. Maybe they'll have to sacrifice the wolf or something. But Ghost is basically an extension of Jon.

4/22/13 6:56 PM
CyborgRoyce
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAdotCOM - how does he go from being in the wolf to back in his body? i haven't seen it done like that. if he was brought back to life would he be both in the wolf and in his body?

Varamyr Sixskins does it to Thistle in the prologue on ADoD I think
4/22/13 6:58 PM
kevsh
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My guess as to the final scene in the series (if it ever ends...)

Bran is sitting on the Iron Throne, Daenrys rules beside him (but not as his Queen, she takes King's Landing so he can rule it), Ghost lays at their feet and her last remaining dragon soars over the castle.

Early on I thought Gendry would be the eventual king but he's been downplayed so much I doubt it. Arya will became an elite assassin and help take back the throne before seeking other adventures in other lands, royal life isn't meant for her.
4/22/13 7:16 PM
War Potato
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull -
No. It was limey Nights Watch bastards. This is the same lot that killed Lord Commander Mormont, so it isn't too shocking. Phone Post 3.0
I was starting to assume it may have been her because I seem to remember (not 100% certain) one of the times she says all she sees is snow, that once it was capitalized Snow. Which makes me think she knows he's AAR and takes the steps to awaken him Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 7:30 PM
MMAdotCOM

CyborgRoyce - 
MMAdotCOM - how does he go from being in the wolf to back in his body? i haven't seen it done like that. if he was brought back to life would he be both in the wolf and in his body?

Varamyr Sixskins does it to Thistle in the prologue on ADoD I think

not exactly. sixskins gets stuck in oneeye, not his body. thistle gets resurrected as a wight
4/22/13 7:39 PM
War Potato

Another thing I just noticed. The dead direwolf that the Starks get the pups from had been killed by an antler broken into its throat...

Foreshadowing? I think so. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 7:50 PM
MMAdotCOM

you just noticed that? catelyn saw the meaning right away. robert got ned killed (antler in throat = decapitated)
4/22/13 8:35 PM
MickColins
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" robert got ned killed"

No, he didn't. Littlefinger did. Littlefinger was the one that started the Jamie+Cersei thing rolling. Littlefinger had crazy Lysa kill Jon Arryn.  That made Ned pretty much a shoe in for next Hand. Littlefinger had her send the letter to Cat. Littlefinger is the bad guy in the whole series. He's Barzini in the Godfather.

4/22/13 8:40 PM
War Potato

MMAdotCOM - you just noticed that? catelyn saw the meaning right away. robert got ned killed (antler in throat = decapitated)
Yeah, I did. I just restarted the books Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 8:41 PM
MMAdotCOM

robert got ned killed when he chose him for his Hand but yeah LF caused robert to need a new Hand.
4/22/13 9:07 PM
War Potato

I figured it was pointing more toward Joffrey than Robert Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 5:38 AM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - 

This is incorrect, the former members of the watch that killed Mormont took over Craster's Keep and stayed there. The men who stabbed John were not the same. Bowen Marsh wasn't even part of the ranging, as he was the castellan of Castle Black while Mormont and the others were gone.
4/23/13 5:58 AM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

I'm not sure. Maybe they'll have to sacrifice the wolf or something. But Ghost is basically an extension of Jon.

Or maybe he never wargs into Ghost when he dies? Melissandre is already there, I think it's much more likely she brings him back/heals him without him warging into Ghost.

There was no suggestion or indication that Robb "warged" into Grey Wind when he died. The wolves can sense danger to their Stark, and will protect/avenge them at all costs. If the theory is that Jon will automatically warg into Ghost when he dies, then Robb would've warged into Grey Wind. This is unlikely since Robb's death was during a Catelyn pov chapter, if he warged into Grey Wind, it would've made sense that Robb's final chapter would've been as Grey Wind.

Sure, that's not really dispositive of him NOT warging, but if he had warged into Grey Wind, wouldn't it make more sense that he would try to run the fuck away when he got released by Raynald Westerling instead of getting himself killed? Or wouldn't he at least try to go after the Freys or Bolton himself, or ANY humans at all instead of going berserk and killing some Frey dogs and maiming a single dude?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.