UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/6/13 7:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
antifret
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember the undying could refer to Dany's visions in the House of the Undying as well right?
5/6/13 8:33 PM
Zenoplata
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, it's Moqorro with Victarion, so I suppose it's more probable that it's him although it wouldn't surprise me if Euron pulled the old bate and switch.

And I suppose it could mean her visions from the House, could be either.

5/6/13 10:36 PM
kevsh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see Varys being described as a "perfumed seneschal", mostly because he was not a seneschal, at least by popular definition.

It would more likely refer to a servant or guard of a royal home (or castle). Perhaps a Kingsguard? Perhaps a woman, or a feminine man ... or a Knight of Flowers.

Though Loras would be a stretch as it's tough to see how he would fit in here -- he was reportedly dead and even if not, why would Daenrys have to worry about Loras?
5/6/13 11:13 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh - I don't see Varys being described as a "perfumed seneschal", mostly because he was not a seneschal, at least by popular definition.

It would more likely refer to a servant or guard of a royal home (or castle). Perhaps a Kingsguard? Perhaps a woman, or a feminine man ... or a Knight of Flowers.

Though Loras would be a stretch as it's tough to see how he would fit in here -- he was reportedly dead and even if not, why would Daenrys have to worry about Loras?
He was supposedly dying from the oil that got dumped on him but I feel like he is still going to be awake... Possibly getting healed to be the opponent who goes against Cersei's champion in trail by combat (this is of course if the hound doesn't come back). Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 12:00 AM
NeoSpartan
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RE: Faceless men having an egg

soooooooooooooooooooooo what you're saying is...

Arya gets a dragon?

Arya + Aegon = SOIAF

#toldyouso
5/7/13 12:43 AM
Keep if professional

And what's the story with the mountain? He was supposedly executed and his skull sent to Dorne as punishment for raping and killing Elia, but how many 8 foot tall dudes are there running around westeros that Cersei has another one as her champion?
5/7/13 12:47 AM
Zenoplata
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep if professional - And what's the story with the mountain? He was supposedly executed and his skull sent to Dorne as punishment for raping and killing Elia, but how many 8 foot tall dudes are there running around westeros that Cersei has another one as her champion?

Robert Strong is most likely the Mountain's reanimated body.

5/7/13 2:50 AM
WallaWalla
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just started reading the first book.... Quickly backs out of thread lol Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 3:48 AM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh - I don't see Varys being described as a "perfumed seneschal", mostly because he was not a seneschal, at least by popular definition.

Reznak mo Reznak IS the seneschal of Meereen, and he's often described as being perfumed and/or smelling sweet. I do not think GRRM could be any more clear as to who the perfumed seneschal is. This is supported (or at least not contradicted) by his strong support for Daenerys to marry Hizdahr, who tried to poison her almost immediately once they were wed. He was also the only member of her council that he retained once she left with Drogon. They were clearly working together, and thus Daenerys had reason to beware of him. The other "riddles" were pretty obvious too. Not everything is a red herring.

5/7/13 8:20 AM
Hywel Teague
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
Awesomo4000 - 
kevsh - I don't see Varys being described as a "perfumed seneschal", mostly because he was not a seneschal, at least by popular definition.

Reznak mo Reznak IS the seneschal of Meereen, and he's often described as being perfumed and/or smelling sweet. I do not think GRRM could be any more clear as to who the perfumed seneschal is. This is supported (or at least not contradicted) by his strong support for Daenerys to marry Hizdahr, who tried to poison her almost immediately once they were wed. He was also the only member of her council that he retained once she left with Drogon. They were clearly working together, and thus Daenerys had reason to beware of him. The other "riddles" were pretty obvious too. Not everything is a red herring.

Good point, forgot that dude. Hard to keep track sometimes
5/7/13 11:41 AM
kevsh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hywel Teague - 
Awesomo4000 - 

Good point, forgot that dude. Hard to keep track sometimes

Same here.
I should probably research a little more before I weigh in, I'm not a hardcore series fan like many and don't visit the ASoIF fan pages, forums, etc. where theories are discussed and debated endlessly.
5/7/13 1:16 PM
GodSaveTheReem
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am only on page 20 something of all these theories, but I need to make a comment about all the "lightbringer is really the sword of morning" theories.
Part of the legend of Azor Ahai is that he had to kill his love (cooling the blade by stabbing her threw the heart) to create the sword in the first place, so i doubt that Azor Ahai reborn (as in this generation's Azor) is going to use the same sword. Instead he must create a NEW one to fight the others, it is pretty much essential to Azor's character development.

And who do we know that LIVES in an armory? None other than top Azor contender Jon Snow...

Furthermore, with his love already being dead (ygritte) because he basically sacrificed her...whiched beloved character is a top contender to have a sword stabbed through their heart? ...Ghost, yes, his Direwolf.
Not only does a hot sword through ghosts heart totally symbolize ice and fire, it also solves one other loose end. If Jon WERE to be one of the heads of the dragon, do you really think ghost would be riding with him on its back? Him and Ghost are all but inseperable, so if he were to kill ghost to create lightbringer it frees him to be a dragon rider.

crazy theory i know...but possible.
5/7/13 1:44 PM
BaldTony
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a vague memory of either Varys or Illyrio saying they expected Dany to die on the Dothraki sea, and were very surprised she survived and prospered.
5/7/13 1:45 PM
antifret

Did Azor Ahai ride dragons? I don't recall. I realize he's a messiah of sorts but did he do anything in his first incarnation besides make a sword?
5/7/13 1:47 PM
LittleKang
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -
Keep if professional - And what's the story with the mountain? He was supposedly executed and his skull sent to Dorne as punishment for raping and killing Elia, but how many 8 foot tall dudes are there running around westeros that Cersei has another one as her champion?

I just picture robert baratheons head on the mountains body lol Phone Post
5/7/13 1:54 PM
GodSaveTheReem
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

antifret - Did Azor Ahai ride dragons? I don't recall. I realize he's a messiah of sorts but did he do anything in his first incarnation besides make a sword?

no reference to him riding a dragon, just making the sword and beating the others...but with Jon being a possible targ and all, and one of the heads of the dragon, it all sorta fits
5/7/13 5:35 PM
IgiveRimJobs4VoteUps
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't Snow's sword made of valyrian steel? Can't remember.

I'm almost positive that whoever Azor Ahai turns out to be, their sword must be made of Valyrian steel.
5/7/13 5:37 PM
dizz
952 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snow's sword given to him by Mormont is Valyrian steel

Longclaw, I think it's called
5/7/13 5:39 PM
IgiveRimJobs4VoteUps
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Then he fulfills all requirements except for quenching the blade in his loves heart. Maybe Ygritte comes back as an Other and he gets the chance to fulfill the last part of that prophecy.
5/7/13 5:43 PM
LittleKang
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dizz - Snow's sword given to him by Mormont is Valyrian steel

Longclaw, I think it's called
Correct sir Phone Post
5/7/13 5:44 PM
Zenoplata

LittleKang - 
Zenoplata -

I just picture robert baratheons head on the mountains body lol Phone Post

The Mountain with Robert's fighting skill would literally be unstoppable.

5/7/13 6:20 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IgiveRimJobs4VoteUps - Then he fulfills all requirements except for quenching the blade in his loves heart. Maybe Ygritte comes back as an Other and he gets the chance to fulfill the last part of that prophecy.
Could be that parts already done too... He in a round about way killed her he betrayed her trust and warned the nights watch about the attack. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 6:45 PM
Keep if professional

IgiveRimJobs4VoteUps - Then he fulfills all requirements except for quenching the blade in his loves heart. Maybe Ygritte comes back as an Other and he gets the chance to fulfill the last part of that prophecy.

He burned her body after the battle in which she died.
5/7/13 6:59 PM
kevsh

Edited: 05/07/13 6:59 PM

All these theories about Jon seem weak to me, both him being a Targ or Azor. He's a bastard that may rise to great deads, but his true parents don't need to be some big secret or surprise to further the story.

I would be far more intrigued by Jon being seduced to follow Melissandre (as Jon or reanimated in some way) and becoming a powerful adversary to Daenerys and/or others.

At the end of DoD there are some bad guys still in the story but none that I see as rising to be THE great enemy that Daenerys, even with her dragons, will have difficulty defeating. Jon + Melissandre make for too attractive of a possibility as the primary evil and a far more unexpected plot twist than him being a Targ that helps take back Westeros with dragons and midgets.

5/7/13 7:01 PM
Zenoplata

I mean, Euron and Young Griff both seem like pretty legitamate threats, especially if they were to combine somehow or if the Others ended up being an aspect of the Drowned God.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.