UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

5/16/13 1:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - 
LittleKang -
antifret -
shootfighterbull - Edric Storm is sent across the narrow sea by Davos, and that's what'll happen to Gendry.

Also, Rickon and Osha go to the Island of Skaggos, which is not south.

It's also obvious that that is important, as Davos is heading up there now to retrieve him. Phone Post 3.0

Is Skaggos explictly mentioned or is it just the only known cannibal island?
Do we know where Edric lands? How fucked up would it be him and Dany hooking up lol Phone Post
A Dance with Dragons
Edric is hiding in the Free City of Lys together with his guardian and protectors.[11]

Not close to Dany. Phone Post 3.0

I dont think edric storm is relevant at all...he has not been mentioned in the series and there was an interview where Martin said "they are killing characters that are still alive in the books", Gendry is taking the only plot point edric had and i think he is going to be one of the ones killed in the series. Even in the books he wasn't important at all anymore.

And you're right Skaggos is more East...but still south of the wall...either way Osha and Rickon split from the group at Winterfell, they didn't travel with Bran and Co at all.
5/16/13 1:38 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also much of the politics that cersei was dealing with in AFfC i don't think will be relevant either, none of the Tyrell characters have been introduced at this point. The Queen of thornes (who really did not get much face time at all in the books) has taken over the roll of every Tyrell except Margery and Loras.

And what does it mean that Loras IS NOT part of the kingsguard?
5/16/13 2:19 PM
Zenoplata
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loras will be part of the Kingsguard, they've condenced a few characters and moved shit around. Loras is playing the role of Wylas, Garlan and himself, and for some reason the producers found it necessary to make Loras EXTREMELY gay.

5/16/13 2:28 PM
antifret
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Guess they'll be leaving out the Kingsguard's prohibition on marriage on the show then.
5/16/13 2:42 PM
Zenoplata
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No they already addressed it, it's a thing in the show Loras just isn't in the Kingsguard yet. Tywin threatened to enlist him into it.

5/16/13 4:06 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G

GodSaveTheReem -
shootfighterbull - 
LittleKang -
antifret -
shootfighterbull - Edric Storm is sent across the narrow sea by Davos, and that's what'll happen to Gendry.

Also, Rickon and Osha go to the Island of Skaggos, which is not south.

It's also obvious that that is important, as Davos is heading up there now to retrieve him. Phone Post 3.0

Is Skaggos explictly mentioned or is it just the only known cannibal island?
Do we know where Edric lands? How fucked up would it be him and Dany hooking up lol Phone Post
A Dance with Dragons
Edric is hiding in the Free City of Lys together with his guardian and protectors.[11]

Not close to Dany. Phone Post 3.0

I dont think edric storm is relevant at all...he has not been mentioned in the series and there was an interview where Martin said "they are killing characters that are still alive in the books", Gendry is taking the only plot point edric had and i think he is going to be one of the ones killed in the series. Even in the books he wasn't important at all anymore.

And you're right Skaggos is more East...but still south of the wall...either way Osha and Rickon split from the group at Winterfell, they didn't travel with Bran and Co at all.
Last episode osha talked about how shes not going past the wall again, she probably tell bran shes not going and neither is rickon and shell take them to skagos or something Phone Post
5/16/13 4:22 PM
LittleKang
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -

No they already addressed it, it's a thing in the show Loras just isn't in the Kingsguard yet. Tywin threatened to enlist him into it.

As far as Tyrells go, they are likely needed for two major plot points in the further seasons. A) When Tyrion escapes they will likely need to establish the coin which will lead cersei to not trust them which follows to B) Loras going to Dragonstone

I think the Tyrells and Martells will have more influence in WoW Phone Post
5/16/13 9:24 PM
GodSaveTheReem

LittleKang - 
Zenoplata -

As far as Tyrells go, they are likely needed for two major plot points in the further seasons. A) When Tyrion escapes they will likely need to establish the coin which will lead cersei to not trust them which follows to B) Loras going to Dragonstone

I almost hope they have less influence, the story is startng to get too muddeled(sp?)...I don't need anymore stories on anymore families
5/16/13 9:26 PM
GodSaveTheReem

By the way, does anyone else think that the new Pope (like, the real qorld guy in the vatican) is just like the new High Septon? Both are ultra conservative and bringing it back to the basic roots after long periods of opulence. I had only just finished the series when the new pope was elected so the timing was funny to me.
5/16/13 10:21 PM
Boofhead3
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheWhite -

5 years from now is realistic. That makes it 7 total...about the pace he's expanding to. 

Regardless, he'll die before it's done

Do you think he is toying with the fans? Surely he must know how desperate people are to read the last books Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 10:22 PM
LittleKang
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheReem -
LittleKang - 
Zenoplata -

I almost hope they have less influence, the story is startng to get too muddeled(sp?)...I don't need anymore stories on anymore families
I think they need. They have this whole country which every section is involves but they havent been big into the High Garden/ Dorne and the Arbor yet.
Each area has a key into the game.
Gotta give each its own merits to how the big picture plays out Phone Post
5/16/13 11:36 PM
GodSaveTheReem

LittleKang - 
GodSaveTheReem -
LittleKang - 
Zenoplata -

I think they need. They have this whole country which every section is involves but they havent been big into the High Garden/ Dorne and the Arbor yet.
Each area has a key into the game.
Gotta give each its own merits to how the big picture plays out Phone Post

I know, but The Reach, Lannisport, the Vale, All of the North, the Arbor, The Iron Islands, Oldtown, Stormsend, Dragonstone, Dorne, King's Landing, High Garden, Griffin's Roost, Riverrun, the twins are just SOME of the places...and that is just one kingdom! Not to mention Pentos, Qarth, Volantis, Yunkai, Mereen, Bravos, Skagos, everything north of the wall, the Wall itself, the dothraki sea, and many other places that have only been mentioned.
I love a good twisting tale...but he only has two more books...he has got to start wrapping some stuff up and can't keep opening up new places/people/politics.
5/17/13 9:46 AM
sawdusk
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GRRM has said no new characters in the next two books... we'll see if he can stop himself from doing it... never ceased to amaze me when I'd end a chapter only to turn the page and see a new POV...
5/17/13 1:17 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G

sawdusk - GRRM has said no new characters in the next two books... we'll see if he can stop himself from doing it... never ceased to amaze me when I'd end a chapter only to turn the page and see a new POV...
Source from where he said that...when he said no new characters, did he mean pov, or just major characters in general Phone Post
5/17/13 2:29 PM
Zekolas

Boofhead3 -
TheWhite -

5 years from now is realistic. That makes it 7 total...about the pace he's expanding to. 

Regardless, he'll die before it's done

Do you think he is toying with the fans? Surely he must know how desperate people are to read the last books Phone Post 3.0
Well he gets pissed when asked about it. He also always say GOT is not his life and has all these other side projects he works on that take precedence over GOT. If I had to guess WOW will be out 2016 at the earliest but more relisticly 2017-2018. Phone Post
5/17/13 2:37 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brotorious B.I.G -
sawdusk - GRRM has said no new characters in the next two books... we'll see if he can stop himself from doing it... never ceased to amaze me when I'd end a chapter only to turn the page and see a new POV...
Source from where he said that...when he said no new characters, did he mean pov, or just major characters in general Phone Post
I haven't read anything but I'd be ok with no new POV... But they have to introduce Howland Reed since he's the only one that can shed like on the Tower of Joy. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 3:06 PM
Zekolas

Edited: 05/17/13 3:07 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
The Brotorious B.I.G -
I haven't read anything but I'd be ok with no new POV... But they have to introduce Howland Reed since he's the only one that can shed like on the Tower of Joy. Phone Post 3.0

Or Bran will be able to see it; or Jojen may already know through his dreams.

Also even if you do not know the whole story I feel like other people have to have their suspicions. Ned goes to save his sister who had just spend the last year-9 months with Rhangar (Kidnapped or Willing) and now has a "Bastard" what is 100% unlike his character.

I feel like its kind of a plot hole in the books that no one else ever wondered about this, especially catlyn , but she may not be the smartest person in the world but I feel like other who have half a brain should be questioning neds story or maybe they all just are keeping their mouth shut as they do not want to cause trouble.

5/17/13 3:23 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zekolas -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
The Brotorious B.I.G -

Or Bran will be able to see it; or Jojen may already know through his dreams.

Also even if you do not know the whole story I feel like other people have to have their suspicions. Ned goes to save his sister who had just spend the last year-9 months with Rhangar (Kidnapped or Willing) and now has a "Bastard" what is 100% unlike his character.

I feel like its kind of a plot hole in the books that no one else ever wondered about this, especially catlyn , but she may not be the smartest person in the world but I feel like other who have half a brain should be questioning neds story or maybe they all just are keeping their mouth shut as they do not want to cause trouble.

I agree people probably have suspicions but all they would think is Jon wasn't Ned's. they couldn't know who he belonged to. And your right maybe Bran could see it but I believe Howland will come into the story and be the one. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:16 PM
shootfighterbull

Ashara Dayne

Another theory claims Jon's mother was Ashara Dayne, his father being likely Eddard Stark, who was in love with her, or his older brother Brandon Stark. Lady Dayne was said to be with both of them during the Tourney at Harrenhal. According to Ser Barristan Selmy, one of the Starks bedded her at the tournament and got her with child. It was also known by many that she was pregnant before she killed herself by jumping from the tower of Starfall, also called the Palestone Sword, a tower on Starfall's cliff by the sea.
Though Ser Barristan believes the bastard child of Lady Dayne was a stillborn girl, some still believe Ashara Dayne to be the mother of Jon Snow. Among those who believe so is Queen Cersei Lannister. Lady Catelyn Stark also heard this rumor, but Eddard refuses to answer her when she asks if Ashara Dayne was Jon's mother.
Wylla Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:17 PM
shootfighterbull

Wylla

Wylla, the wet nurse at Starfall, is another possible mother. According to King Robert Baratheon, he recalls Ned bedding a wench during the Rebellion. On their way down the Kingsroad from Winterfell, he tries to recall her name, calling her, "Your bastard's mother." Ned says her name was Wylla, but refuses to talk more about it.
Catelyn recalls how with the war at an end riding to Winterfell... meeting Jon and his wet nurse. It very likely that this wet nurse is none other than Wylla because Ned went to Starfall returning the sword Dawn to Lady Ashara Dayne. Another interesting point is that it is here that 2 rumors circle about Winterfell: the death of Arthur Dayne by Ned's hand and that Ashara Dayne is Jon's mother. It is Ned that silences this rumor about her. There only two possible sources for these rumors; Wylla and Lord Howland Reed; however Howland is lord of Greywater Watch thus making Wylla the only one to be responsible for this knowledge. [2]
Lord Edric Dayne tells Arya Stark that Wylla is Jon's mother. He recounts to Arya Stark that he was a milk-brother to Jon Snow since Edric was also nursed as a baby by Wylla. He also claims they are not blood brothers either. However Arya notes that all Dornishmen are liars. In the case of Edric, it may actually be a lie perpetuated by Wylla to protect the true parentage of Jon Snow. [3] Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:17 PM
shootfighterbull

The Fisherman's Daughter

Lord Godric Borrell recounts to Davos Seaworth about a fisherman and his daughter who brought Ned Stark in secret across the Bite to the North at the beginning of Robert's Rebellion. The fisherman died in a storm that almost short-ended their journey, but his daughter continued and successfully saw Ned to the Sisters before the boat went down. If Lord Borrell is to be believed, Ned left her with a bag of silver and a bastard in her belly, which she named Jon Snow after Lord Jon Arryn. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:19 PM
LittleKang

shootfighterbull - Ashara Dayne

Another theory claims Jon's mother was Ashara Dayne, his father being likely Eddard Stark, who was in love with her, or his older brother Brandon Stark. Lady Dayne was said to be with both of them during the Tourney at Harrenhal. According to Ser Barristan Selmy, one of the Starks bedded her at the tournament and got her with child. It was also known by many that she was pregnant before she killed herself by jumping from the tower of Starfall, also called the Palestone Sword, a tower on Starfall's cliff by the sea.
Though Ser Barristan believes the bastard child of Lady Dayne was a stillborn girl, some still believe Ashara Dayne to be the mother of Jon Snow. Among those who believe so is Queen Cersei Lannister. Lady Catelyn Stark also heard this rumor, but Eddard refuses to answer her when she asks if Ashara Dayne was Jon's mother.
Wylla Phone Post 3.0
How is she related to the other Dayne's??? Phone Post
5/17/13 4:19 PM
shootfighterbull

I get the feeling, especially with Wylla, that Ned started these stories to cover his tracks. Like someone else said, without these stories it's pretty clear cut who Jon's mother is. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:20 PM
shootfighterbull

LittleKang -
shootfighterbull - Ashara Dayne

Wylla Phone Post 3.0
How is she related to the other Dayne's??? Phone Post
It's Ser Arthur's younger sister. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:33 PM
buckshot44
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+3 OP

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.