OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

5/17/13 3:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zekolas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/17/13 3:07 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
The Brotorious B.I.G -
sawdusk - GRRM has said no new characters in the next two books... we'll see if he can stop himself from doing it... never ceased to amaze me when I'd end a chapter only to turn the page and see a new POV...
Source from where he said that...when he said no new characters, did he mean pov, or just major characters in general Phone Post
I haven't read anything but I'd be ok with no new POV... But they have to introduce Howland Reed since he's the only one that can shed like on the Tower of Joy. Phone Post 3.0

Or Bran will be able to see it; or Jojen may already know through his dreams.

Also even if you do not know the whole story I feel like other people have to have their suspicions. Ned goes to save his sister who had just spend the last year-9 months with Rhangar (Kidnapped or Willing) and now has a "Bastard" what is 100% unlike his character.

I feel like its kind of a plot hole in the books that no one else ever wondered about this, especially catlyn , but she may not be the smartest person in the world but I feel like other who have half a brain should be questioning neds story or maybe they all just are keeping their mouth shut as they do not want to cause trouble.

5/17/13 3:23 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zekolas -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
The Brotorious B.I.G -
sawdusk - GRRM has said no new characters in the next two books... we'll see if he can stop himself from doing it... never ceased to amaze me when I'd end a chapter only to turn the page and see a new POV...
Source from where he said that...when he said no new characters, did he mean pov, or just major characters in general Phone Post
I haven't read anything but I'd be ok with no new POV... But they have to introduce Howland Reed since he's the only one that can shed like on the Tower of Joy. Phone Post 3.0

Or Bran will be able to see it; or Jojen may already know through his dreams.

Also even if you do not know the whole story I feel like other people have to have their suspicions. Ned goes to save his sister who had just spend the last year-9 months with Rhangar (Kidnapped or Willing) and now has a "Bastard" what is 100% unlike his character.

I feel like its kind of a plot hole in the books that no one else ever wondered about this, especially catlyn , but she may not be the smartest person in the world but I feel like other who have half a brain should be questioning neds story or maybe they all just are keeping their mouth shut as they do not want to cause trouble.

I agree people probably have suspicions but all they would think is Jon wasn't Ned's. they couldn't know who he belonged to. And your right maybe Bran could see it but I believe Howland will come into the story and be the one. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:16 PM
shootfighterbull

Ashara Dayne

Another theory claims Jon's mother was Ashara Dayne, his father being likely Eddard Stark, who was in love with her, or his older brother Brandon Stark. Lady Dayne was said to be with both of them during the Tourney at Harrenhal. According to Ser Barristan Selmy, one of the Starks bedded her at the tournament and got her with child. It was also known by many that she was pregnant before she killed herself by jumping from the tower of Starfall, also called the Palestone Sword, a tower on Starfall's cliff by the sea.
Though Ser Barristan believes the bastard child of Lady Dayne was a stillborn girl, some still believe Ashara Dayne to be the mother of Jon Snow. Among those who believe so is Queen Cersei Lannister. Lady Catelyn Stark also heard this rumor, but Eddard refuses to answer her when she asks if Ashara Dayne was Jon's mother.
Wylla Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:17 PM
shootfighterbull

Wylla

Wylla, the wet nurse at Starfall, is another possible mother. According to King Robert Baratheon, he recalls Ned bedding a wench during the Rebellion. On their way down the Kingsroad from Winterfell, he tries to recall her name, calling her, "Your bastard's mother." Ned says her name was Wylla, but refuses to talk more about it.
Catelyn recalls how with the war at an end riding to Winterfell... meeting Jon and his wet nurse. It very likely that this wet nurse is none other than Wylla because Ned went to Starfall returning the sword Dawn to Lady Ashara Dayne. Another interesting point is that it is here that 2 rumors circle about Winterfell: the death of Arthur Dayne by Ned's hand and that Ashara Dayne is Jon's mother. It is Ned that silences this rumor about her. There only two possible sources for these rumors; Wylla and Lord Howland Reed; however Howland is lord of Greywater Watch thus making Wylla the only one to be responsible for this knowledge. [2]
Lord Edric Dayne tells Arya Stark that Wylla is Jon's mother. He recounts to Arya Stark that he was a milk-brother to Jon Snow since Edric was also nursed as a baby by Wylla. He also claims they are not blood brothers either. However Arya notes that all Dornishmen are liars. In the case of Edric, it may actually be a lie perpetuated by Wylla to protect the true parentage of Jon Snow. [3] Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:17 PM
shootfighterbull

The Fisherman's Daughter

Lord Godric Borrell recounts to Davos Seaworth about a fisherman and his daughter who brought Ned Stark in secret across the Bite to the North at the beginning of Robert's Rebellion. The fisherman died in a storm that almost short-ended their journey, but his daughter continued and successfully saw Ned to the Sisters before the boat went down. If Lord Borrell is to be believed, Ned left her with a bag of silver and a bastard in her belly, which she named Jon Snow after Lord Jon Arryn. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:19 PM
LittleKang
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - Ashara Dayne

Another theory claims Jon's mother was Ashara Dayne, his father being likely Eddard Stark, who was in love with her, or his older brother Brandon Stark. Lady Dayne was said to be with both of them during the Tourney at Harrenhal. According to Ser Barristan Selmy, one of the Starks bedded her at the tournament and got her with child. It was also known by many that she was pregnant before she killed herself by jumping from the tower of Starfall, also called the Palestone Sword, a tower on Starfall's cliff by the sea.
Though Ser Barristan believes the bastard child of Lady Dayne was a stillborn girl, some still believe Ashara Dayne to be the mother of Jon Snow. Among those who believe so is Queen Cersei Lannister. Lady Catelyn Stark also heard this rumor, but Eddard refuses to answer her when she asks if Ashara Dayne was Jon's mother.
Wylla Phone Post 3.0
How is she related to the other Dayne's??? Phone Post
5/17/13 4:19 PM
shootfighterbull

I get the feeling, especially with Wylla, that Ned started these stories to cover his tracks. Like someone else said, without these stories it's pretty clear cut who Jon's mother is. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:20 PM
shootfighterbull

LittleKang -
shootfighterbull - Ashara Dayne

Wylla Phone Post 3.0
How is she related to the other Dayne's??? Phone Post
It's Ser Arthur's younger sister. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 4:33 PM
buckshot44
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+3 OP

5/18/13 12:35 PM
LordSeano
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think ashara dayne is a red herring - not sure why that would get covered up. Its no worse a shame than getting some wench pregnant and life would have been a bit better for Jon as a highborn bastard than a lowborn bastard
5/18/13 12:39 PM
NeoSpartan
498 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just realized how long i have to wait before i get answers fuck this thread for like a good 2 years lol
5/18/13 6:12 PM
GodSaveTheReem
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NeoSpartan - I just realized how long i have to wait before i get answers fuck this thread for like a good 2 years lol

If you're down I am willing to go 50/50 on kidnapping GRRM, locking him in a room, and making him write these damn books!
5/18/13 7:04 PM
Evie
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheReem - 
NeoSpartan - I just realized how long i have to wait before i get answers fuck this thread for like a good 2 years lol

If you're down I am willing to go 50/50 on kidnapping GRRM, locking him in a room, and making him write these damn books!

We could go full Misery with it and break his legs with a sledge hammer :D 

On second thoughts, that's probably give the old man a heart attack. 

Hmm.. Straight kidnap it is then. 

5/18/13 7:21 PM
Wicked smahtMF

GodSaveTheReem - 

please do this
5/18/13 8:33 PM
GodSaveTheReem

Wicked smahtMF - 
GodSaveTheReem - 

please do this

the masses have spoken!! this must be done (note: if he actually kills Jon we'll make him write it again)
5/18/13 9:12 PM
Evie
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheReem - 
Wicked smahtMF - 
GodSaveTheReem - 

please do this

the masses have spoken!! this must be done (note: if he actually kills Jon we'll make him write it again)

Voted. Up. 

5/18/13 9:44 PM
Zenoplata
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buckshot44 - 

+3 OP

Thanks VU

5/23/13 5:41 AM
GodSaveTheReem

so...something i've been wondering...

Is Lollys retarded? or does she have downs syndrome? She is just a really odd character who is constantly referred to
5/23/13 9:17 AM
Dagz
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheReem - so...something i've been wondering...

Is Lollys retarded? or does she have downs syndrome? She is just a really odd character who is constantly referred to
Hodor? Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 9:25 AM
billydeewilliams
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dagz -

Hodor? Phone Post 3.0
I think she got gang raped in the riots from book 2, and she is perma traumatized. Could be wrong though. Phone Post
5/23/13 10:29 AM
GodSaveTheReem

billydeewilliams - 
Dagz -

Hodor? Phone Post 3.0
I think she got gang raped in the riots from book 2, and she is perma traumatized. Could be wrong though. Phone Post

i know about the gang rape...but it just seems the gang raping a mentally disabled person is beyond cruel even for the world of GRRM
5/23/13 11:23 AM
Johnny Hotdog

i think the knight of flowers, loras tyrell might be a homosex. what kind of a knight picks flowers for an emblem?
5/23/13 7:18 PM
Zenoplata
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny Hotdog - i think the knight of flowers, loras tyrell might be a homosex. what kind of a knight picks flowers for an emblem?

He may be. I have the feeling Bran might actually be crippled, why does he always need someone to carry him around?

5/23/13 8:12 PM
Veegoh
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if indeed, winter is coming?
5/23/13 8:20 PM
dizz
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 
Johnny Hotdog - i think the knight of flowers, loras tyrell might be a homosex. what kind of a knight picks flowers for an emblem?

He may be. I have the feeling Bran might actually be crippled, why does he always need someone to carry him around?

Interesting theories. I think Ned got his head chopped off in the first book. I mean, if he didn't, wouldn't he have helped out his kids by now?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.