UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

6/21/13 6:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Brotorious B.I.G
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zekolas -
The Brotorious B.I.G -
Zenoplata - Yeah, I mean I haven't really dug in a ton but Euron's actions seem pretty convenient for Littlefinger.

Littlefinger is also of Braavos descent, so seeing the potential in someone like Euron isn't beyond him you'd think.
Bravos decent really??? I did not know that...

Come to think of it i forgot how he came to be a page at riverrun... Phone Post
No he is not from Bravo's. He is from the fingers and his family was a minor Lord of the smallest of the fingers. Hence the name litte finger. Phone Post
Ok...i knew that....the bravosi thing confused me... Phone Post
6/21/13 6:09 PM
allyourbasebase

GodSaveTheReem -
allyourbasebase - 
allyourbasebase - I'll add a different theory. I usually like to post that GRRM won't finish the books. I still believe that. If he does, he will add new characters for no reason thang get the story for no reason. He's never done that before . . . Phone Post 3.0
Er . . . Affect the story heh Phone Post 3.0

I dont have the link, but GRRM has been quoted saying that there will be no new major characters added to the series...I can only hope he keeps his word.
For real? I haven't seen that. I also hope that's true. It's one of those things that annoys me about his story telling. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 6:11 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G

allyourbasebase -
GodSaveTheReem -
allyourbasebase - 
allyourbasebase - I'll add a different theory. I usually like to post that GRRM won't finish the books. I still believe that. If he does, he will add new characters for no reason thang get the story for no reason. He's never done that before . . . Phone Post 3.0

I dont have the link, but GRRM has been quoted saying that there will be no new major characters added to the series...I can only hope he keeps his word.
For real? I haven't seen that. I also hope that's true. It's one of those things that annoys me about his story telling. Phone Post 3.0
Thats true, lstened to an interview where he said he dug himswlf a hole with all these pov characters and some need to die some need their storys wraped up with a nice little bow...he has alot of plot set up right now...i dont see him finishing it in only two books Phone Post
6/21/13 6:14 PM
allyourbasebase

The Brotorious B.I.G -
allyourbasebase -
GodSaveTheReem -
allyourbasebase - 

Thats true, lstened to an interview where he said he dug himswlf a hole with all these pov characters and some need to die some need their storys wraped up with a nice little bow...he has alot of plot set up right now...i dont see him finishing it in only two books Phone Post
Oh wow I didn't know he admitted digging himself a hole. The more I read, the more I was thinking, wtf is he doing?

I have a theory that he intentionally does the opposite of Internet theories. That's how he fucked himself. I know that sounds silly but im serious. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 6:18 PM
lars_schifinkter
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is on record saying he has no real plan and just freestyles.
6/21/13 6:20 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G

lars_schifinkter - He is on record saying he has no real plan and just freestyles.
Ive heard him say he has no defined plan, but he has the basis of how each characters sstory will end....it was origonally a trilogy, that he had mostly mapped out. Phone Post
6/21/13 7:42 PM
lars_schifinkter
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea he knows how it's going to end but he went from having a planned 5 year gap to writing at least two books of unimportant accessory bullshit because he realized how many flashbacks he'd have to use.

No real direction. His editors don't help him either. AFFC shouldn't even exist in my mind.
6/21/13 9:18 PM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lars_schifinkter - He is on record saying he has no real plan and just freestyles.

That seems pretty clear as some of the plot twists seem to indicate. As well, yes, he's going to have to kill off a few major characters in the next book just to streamline things or he'll never get this done in two novels.

Candidates for eradication?
I'll go with Littlefinger/Sansa, the Bolton father/son combo, Victarion and Bran. Though I think Bran will live, enjoying a new life among the trees.

I know, we all want Victarion to stick around for obvious reasons but it's highly unlikely he's going to get his wish (Dany at his side) so he'll probably die trying.
6/21/13 9:27 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I was reading ASoS I was so confused about where Robb and Catelyn's story was going, I couldn't for the life of me figure out the end game...then the red wedding...

Why has this fat meandering old man captivated us so?!?!
6/21/13 11:10 PM
MickColins
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/13 11:10 PM

"No real direction. His editors don't help him either. AFFC shouldn't even exist in my mind."

I wouldn't blame the editors. After the second book, he was big enough to not listen to them. Reading the last two books, an edior would have cut hundreds of pages off both. Personally, I think he knows how everything is going to go and is just lazy. He has to get down to the actual writing part and it gets boring doing the drudgery. He has more fun doing the other crap.

6/21/13 11:25 PM
Zenoplata
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone else think they are going to elaborate more on the Rat Cook/ Walder Frey connection?

It is used pretty obviously to point out that Lord Manderly is feeding Walder the pies cooked with his own kin in them, but I wonder if Walder's punishment is going to be more severe, such as Theon's.

In the story about the Rat Cook he -only- eats his own young. Could this mean Manderly will eventually imprison Lord Walder and the rest of the Freys and force them into cannibalism through starvation, or is it simply connecting Frey's breaking of the Guest Right to the Frey Pies as we've already witnessed?
6/22/13 1:24 AM
Arecsa
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ASOS was incredible, definitely the peak of ASOIAF. I hope George can get his shit together and end this with the quality of that book. He's going to get over-taken by the show though with how slow he goes because of all the non-writing stuff he is doing. He has a 3 season lead on the show right now, and should get TWOW out by the time they are finishing up a 2nd season on AFFC and ADWD material but there is no chance ADOS gets out in time.
6/22/13 2:00 AM
shootfighterbull

Zenoplata - Does anyone else think they are going to elaborate more on the Rat Cook/ Walder Frey connection?

It is used pretty obviously to point out that Lord Manderly is feeding Walder the pies cooked with his own kin in them, but I wonder if Walder's punishment is going to be more severe, such as Theon's.

In the story about the Rat Cook he -only- eats his own young. Could this mean Manderly will eventually imprison Lord Walder and the rest of the Freys and force them into cannibalism through starvation, or is it simply connecting Frey's breaking of the Guest Right to the Frey Pies as we've already witnessed?
I'd love to see the Frey's get buried. I don't see it happening, and even see Ramsay beating Stannis.

If the Frey's don't get their comeuppance(I'm thinking the Reyne's of Castamere) and Ramsay defeats Stannis, then George has fucked up to the point of no return and I might not be interested if seeing the end of the series. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/13 11:07 PM
PR
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - 
Zenoplata - Does anyone else think they are going to elaborate more on the Rat Cook/ Walder Frey connection?

I'd love to see the Frey's get buried. I don't see it happening, and even see Ramsay beating Stannis.

If the Frey's don't get their comeuppance(I'm thinking the Reyne's of Castamere) and Ramsay defeats Stannis, then George has fucked up to the point of no return and I might not be interested if seeing the end of the series. Phone Post 3.0

Don't worry, you and the rest of us aren't going to see the end of the series.
6/23/13 4:24 PM
MMAdotCOM

GodSaveTheReem - I don't know if it is even discussed, but does everyone think Jeoffrey sent that guy to kill Bran? Because I always thought it was Littlefinger...he was doing it to sow seeds of distrust between the Lannisters and Starks to kickstart the war.

littlefinger wasn't in winterfell when it happened. i thought i remember it being confirmed it was joffrey
6/23/13 4:29 PM
D3structo
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAdotCOM - 
GodSaveTheReem - I don't know if it is even discussed, but does everyone think Jeoffrey sent that guy to kill Bran? Because I always thought it was Littlefinger...he was doing it to sow seeds of distrust between the Lannisters and Starks to kickstart the war.

littlefinger wasn't in winterfell when it happened. i thought i remember it being confirmed it was joffrey

iirc he overheard his dad, King Robert, saying it would be better for the kid to die than to live like a cripple. He took it to heart and ordered an assassin to kill Bran.
6/23/13 4:29 PM
MMAdotCOM

GodSaveTheReem - 
The Brotorious B.I.G - 
GodSaveTheReem -
The Brotorious B.I.G -  I got the first two dunk and eggs off of the kindle store for aboit $7 a peice.

The first is in a book (or collection of short storys) called legends.
The second is in legends two.
I do not know were to find the third one, and i believe the fourth is being writen right now. -_- Phone Post

if the theory holds true the 4th one will tell us of about hodor's heritage
How so?

I know hes a walder frey and old nan is a fray but they never really tell you anything more than that...there HAS to be a reason hodors name is walder frey Phone Post

It is speculative, but when bran was warging into the trees in ADwD he said he saw Winterfell long ago...and there was a man as huge as Hodor kissing a woman in the little piece of the past that he saw. We know the 4th Dunk and Egg is going to go to Winterfell...so it is POSSIBLE that we learn of Dunk getting with a woman and starting a line of huge, and hugely stupid, offspring around Winterfell...giving us Hodor.

hodor is hodor because of a brain injury. he has a big scar on the side of his head on the tv show
6/23/13 5:36 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/23/13 5:38 PM
<blockquote>D3structo - <blockquote>MMAdotCOM - <blockquote>GodSaveTheReem - I don't know if it is even discussed, but does everyone think Jeoffrey sent that guy to kill Bran? Because I always thought it was Littlefinger...he was doing it to sow seeds of distrust between the Lannisters and Starks to kickstart the war.</blockquote><br /> littlefinger wasn't in winterfell when it happened. i thought i remember it being confirmed it was joffrey</blockquote><br />iirc he overheard his dad, King Robert, saying it would be better for the kid to die than to live like a cripple. He took it to heart and ordered an assassin to kill Bran.</blockquote><br />

i thought was just a theory, but I remember that when Catelyn brought the dagger to Littlefinger, he specifically said that Tyrion won it from him in a bet, but iirc later on tyrion was talking (to no one in particular) about how he had a dagger like that but he was the one who lost it to Littlefinger. So the dagger all along belonged to Littlefinger. He hired the assassin, and he knew that catelyn would go to him first in King's Landing because of their past history...then he could start planting false information. <br />Just because littlefinger wasn't there doesn't mean he didn't know about bran, bran was in a coma for WEEKS...more tha enough time for LF to send an assassin. <br /><br />Since the attempted plot to kill bran (hell, even if the plot worked the thing littlefinger wanted was for the knife to be used) was what basically started the whole war...it makes sense. Littlefinger wants the war so he can get the chaos he needs to rise to the top.
6/23/13 5:45 PM
GodSaveTheReem

Also, the whole 'Jeoffrey sent the killer' was pure guesswork on Tyrion's part, and he isn't always right. He assumed that Joff just stole one of Robert's hundreds of blades, but never actually any hard evidence to back this up.
6/23/13 5:59 PM
TX_432
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the bad guys win. The Bolton's hold the north, and all the rebellions lose. Years later Arya now a fully trained assassin gets everybody from her list. Wouldn't be surprised if GM went that way lol. Phone Post
6/23/13 6:08 PM
Zenoplata
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Littlefinger who sent the assassin.
6/23/13 6:18 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G

MMAdotCOM -
GodSaveTheReem - 
The Brotorious B.I.G - 
GodSaveTheReem -
The Brotorious B.I.G -  I got the first two dunk and eggs off of the kindle store for aboit $7 a peice.

The first is in a book (or collection of short storys) called legends.
The second is in legends two.
I do not know were to find the third one, and i believe the fourth is being writen right now. -_- Phone Post

if the theory holds true the 4th one will tell us of about hodor's heritage
How so?

I know hes a walder frey and old nan is a fray but they never really tell you anything more than that...there HAS to be a reason hodors name is walder frey Phone Post

It is speculative, but when bran was warging into the trees in ADwD he said he saw Winterfell long ago...and there was a man as huge as Hodor kissing a woman in the little piece of the past that he saw. We know the 4th Dunk and Egg is going to go to Winterfell...so it is POSSIBLE that we learn of Dunk getting with a woman and starting a line of huge, and hugely stupid, offspring around Winterfell...giving us Hodor.

hodor is hodor because of a brain injury. he has a big scar on the side of his head on the tv show
Hodor has a scar on his face in the show because the actor is an idiot and got three stars tattood right there Phone Post
6/23/13 6:18 PM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TX_432 -  All the bad guys win. The Bolton's hold the north, and all the rebellions lose. Years later Arya now a fully trained assassin gets everybody from her list. Wouldn't be surprised if GM went that way lol. Phone Post

Judging from how he's handled Arya's "list" it seems that GRRM's original plan was that. But like many components of his saga, it got derailed as his vision and plan changed.

One way to salvage what could have been a great sub-story to the overall series is to have her list have just one name at the very end of the last novel. The target would be someone that somehow got away/survived/whatever (Cersei would be ideal) ... alone one night, in the darkness that person hears his/her own name being whispered. Fade to black.

Epic ending imo.
6/23/13 6:27 PM
Kerouac

Can't wait to see how the Reed bogs are going to fuck the Freys up for good.
6/24/13 2:53 AM
Boofhead3
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TX_432 - All the bad guys win. The Bolton's hold the north, and all the rebellions lose. Years later Arya now a fully trained assassin gets everybody from her list. Wouldn't be surprised if GM went that way lol. Phone Post
You never know with GM Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.