UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/15/12 8:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mencken
832 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theon would know Blackfish by sight though. 

11/15/12 8:38 PM
CyborgRoyce
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 
PhillyFights - 

Im only at the end of book 4, but wasnt John Snow always described as the one who most looked like Ned out of all his kids? I guess if he was Allyanns's son that could explain it.

Scared to read to much as Im almost done book 4 and about toread 5.

Yah, he was...him and Arya look alike too.  And Arya is said to take after Lyanna.  Jon is 100% either Ned or Lyanna's son, imo.  I personally think Lyanna

Pretty much this. Essentially Arya and Jon were the only ones that had the Stark look (gaunt, grey eyes, dark hair). The rest of the kids looked more Tully (auburn hair, more elegant) and thus by comparison Jon looked like Ned. 

11/15/12 8:56 PM
Zenoplata
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it really said or implied that Theon doesn't know the Hooded Man?

11/15/12 8:59 PM
AlphaOnBetaBlockers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Nope Phone Post
11/15/12 9:00 PM
Mencken
832 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zero acknowledgemnt by Theon when they meet face to face?  Come on, that would be sloppy writing

11/15/12 9:01 PM
Zenoplata
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would that be sloppy writing? Theon barely remembers who he is let alone the other people from his past.

11/15/12 9:02 PM
Evie
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps the Hooded Man had, like, a hood covering his face, or something? ;) 

11/15/12 9:14 PM
TX_432
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One thing is clear he knew Theon so its somebody he was familiar with. Maybe a northern lord in hiding, or a faceless man replaced Ned Stark for the execution and it was Ned! (I wish) Phone Post
11/15/12 10:03 PM
Atomic
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
11/15/12 10:03 PM
phydeau

Zenoplata - 
Halligalli - hooded man in winterfell?
dont remember him, could anybody summarize or give a chapter about him?

It was one of the Reek chapters. He saw the hooded man in passing and then found Little Walder dead.

as I was reading this I thought the hooded man was Mance Raider.
11/15/12 10:05 PM
Zenoplata

Robett Glover is a good call. Lady Hornwood's son is his squire, he is close to Manderly, involved in the Northern conspiracy, and has ample reason to hate both the Boltons and Greyjoys.

Remember, he was the commander that Bolton sent to slaughter in order to sabatoge Robb's war, he was imprisoned twice and barely survived.

Glover seeks Manderly's aid to take back land from the Iron Born but is publicly rejected however in secret he brings Davos to him. He also teaches a survivor of the Sack of Winterfell to read and write, most likely learning the truth of the matter.

Glover has reason to absolutely hate Roose Bolton and his son, has reason to have knowledge of what is going on there and also hates Theon and should know who he is.

11/15/12 10:07 PM
phydeau

Zenoplata - 

Wasn't Mance's name Abel?

And you're the first person I know that likes Theon, haha. I'm not sure why Mance would be so concerned about Theon or call him Kinslayer and Turncloak after Mance himself betrayed the Night's Watch.

It's most likely a Northerner, one of Manderly's conspirators, possibly Robett Glover.

I don't think Theon is likeable, but I think he's pittyable. I feel bad for him.

Yeah he's a prick and all, but no one deserves to go through what he's gone through under Bolton.
11/15/12 10:08 PM
Zenoplata

I think that the entire point behind Theon's character in the past couple of books has been to build up Ramsay as an extremely dispicable villain.

11/15/12 10:09 PM
canuck34
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken -

Why? It is never said that Theon spent any time in Riverrun or that the blackfish spent any time in winterfell. Plus the whole cloak thing. Phone Post
11/15/12 10:16 PM
Mencken

canuck34 - 
Mencken -

Why? It is never said that Theon spent any time in Riverrun or that the blackfish spent any time in winterfell. Plus the whole cloak thing. Phone Post

Theon has spent ten years at Winterfell.  He has been a brother to Robb in all but name.  Robb plainly knew Blackfish by sight, and I highly doubt that's because Robb remembers him from when Robb was 5 and younger.  The Starks and the Tullys are clearly very close, and young nobles are taught to know each other.  In ten years, he has met, or at teh very least seen, Blackfish.  I actually think it's silly to think otherwise.

But think what you want.  I won't convince you. 

11/15/12 10:20 PM
LittleKang
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did they ever say if Robb actually had his head cut off and had it replaced with his wolf?

What a fucking bananas move would be if Thoros also gave the fire kiss and brought Robb back as well. Him of all people would have pure hatred for the Freys and Boltons Phone Post
11/15/12 10:25 PM
Zenoplata

LittleKang -  Did they ever say if Robb actually had his head cut off and had it replaced with his wolf?

What a fucking bananas move would be if Thoros also gave the fire kiss and brought Robb back as well. Him of all people would have pure hatred for the Freys and Boltons Phone Post

This is kinda cracking the pot. I've entertained the idea of Robb's wolfhead body being warg'ed or ressurected as some sort of wight, but I don't think it makes much sense. Maybe in the final battle if Jon gets some bad ass powers he could do it, but the Freys are currently holding the body as a trophy, I don't see this happening.

11/15/12 10:36 PM
LittleKang
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -
LittleKang -  Did they ever say if Robb actually had his head cut off and had it replaced with his wolf?

This is kinda cracking the pot. I've entertained the idea of Robb's wolfhead body being warg'ed or ressurected as some sort of wight, but I don't think it makes much sense. Maybe in the final battle if Jon gets some bad ass powers he could do it, but the Freys are currently holding the body as a trophy, I don't see this happening.

Oh I just couldnt confirm if they actually did it or if it was just tales they heard. Phone Post
11/15/12 10:41 PM
Delorian
432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang - 
Zenoplata -

Oh I just couldnt confirm if they actually did it or if it was just tales they heard. Phone Post

That'd be silly.  Robb and Grey Wolf are dead, their bodies multilated in the most horrid way possible.  Let them be gone -- and let Jon Snow wreak his vengeance upon those fuck Frey's.  

11/15/12 10:51 PM
LittleKang

Delorian -
LittleKang - 
Zenoplata -

That'd be silly.  Robb and Grey Wolf are dead, their bodies multilated in the most horrid way possible.  Let them be gone -- and let Jon Snow wreak his vengeance upon those fuck Frey's.  

Thoros revived Dondarian after the Hound almost cut him in half.... Im sure he can handle a little mutilation

Do you guys think all priests of R'hollor carry that breath of life? Phone Post
11/15/12 11:00 PM
unclewang

LittleKang - 
Delorian -
LittleKang - 
Zenoplata -

Thoros revived Dondarian after the Hound almost cut him in half.... Im sure he can handle a little mutilation

Do you guys think all priests of R'hollor carry that breath of life? Phone Post

I think it's more to do with the presence of dragons enchancing all forms of "magic", if you have the knowledge and are exceptionally powerful or devout, these things are now possible.

11/15/12 11:04 PM
unclewang

The idea of Greywind running around with Rob's head while pretty funny is also ridiculous and won't happen.

11/15/12 11:12 PM
unclewang

re: the hooded man, I like the theory that it's Theon himself.

He is having somewhat extreme identity issues and blacks out when the killing begins.

11/15/12 11:23 PM
Zenoplata

I'm not saying Thoros or Stoneheart will breath the life back into Robb/Grey Wind but that he/it would be ress'ed as a wight similar to Coldhands or whatever other zombie creatures are moving around. Maybe the Others themselves appear and one of their first attacks is on the Twins and they ressurect Robb as a wight and the Frey's scream in fear as Robb's reanimated body hacks them to pieces.

It doesn't have to be Robb coming back, just a symbolic vengeance.

There are a ton of people that think Ned is secretly alive as well which I don't really like. His death has been the most meaningful of the series

11/15/12 11:42 PM
El_Varaco
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck just occurred to me how many things I've already forgotten about the series :(

anyway

Melisandre bringing Jon back is plausible, since half of her already believes that he is Azhor

Rickon in Skagos is a very interesting development, I expect him to come back and wreck serious shit

Jon + Dany is the song of ice and fire. and Jon will ultimately become the true king of the north, including the land beyond the wall.

that's all i got for now

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.