UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

8/3/13 10:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Arecsa
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TX_432 -  Any word if the original mountain will be back?? Phone Post

Doesn't look like it. He did an interview a few weeks back and said he hasn't been asked back.
8/3/13 10:36 AM
TX_432
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arecsa -

Doesn't look like it. He did an interview a few weeks back and said he hasn't been asked back.
Hopefully they cast someone new. Phone Post
8/3/13 3:24 PM
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully they get him back
8/3/13 5:06 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TX_432 -
Arecsa -

Why can't they, for the life of them, cast a good mountain, jeez Phone Post
8/3/13 5:40 PM
bonersaurus
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a rumor that Joseph Mawles (Benjen) is coming back. That would be the first major case of the show spoiling the book. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/13 9:22 PM
MMAdotCOM

Im fine with a 7 foot tall mountain thsts the size of lebron james instead of bodybuilder huge as long as he's a good actor. Huge muscles would slowvubdown which is not good in a sword fight Phone Post
8/4/13 8:27 AM
Dagz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the original mountain they still used bigger armor to make him seem larger why they made no attempt in trying that with the new mountain bottles my mind. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 12:38 AM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAdotCOM -  Im fine with a 7 foot tall mountain thsts the size of lebron james instead of bodybuilder huge as long as he's a good actor. Huge muscles would slowvubdown which is not good in a sword fight Phone Post

I think they should get one of the WWE's big men to play the role, they are used to physical acting and understand the "be intimidating" part well.
The mountain only has two lines left in the whole series anyway, so good acting chops aren't really needed.
8/5/13 12:39 AM
GodSaveTheReem

bonersaurus - There is a rumor that Joseph Mawles (Benjen) is coming back. That would be the first major case of the show spoiling the book. Phone Post 3.0

source?
8/5/13 8:09 AM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Show would be perfect as Gregor.

now that you mention it.
8/5/13 8:46 AM
phydeau
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junon - Big Show would be perfect as Gregor.

now that you mention it.

Can he do an English accent?
8/5/13 4:40 PM
The Za
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phydeau -
junon - Big Show would be perfect as Gregor.

now that you mention it.

Can he do an English accent?
Just dub his voice. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 4:56 PM
Zenoplata
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gregor only really needs to be in like 1 more major scene before his voice doesn't matter.
8/5/13 5:07 PM
Zekolas

MMAdotCOM - Im fine with a 7 foot tall mountain thsts the size of lebron james instead of bodybuilder huge as long as he's a good actor. Huge muscles would slowvubdown which is not good in a sword fight Phone Post
The mountain is not suppose to have good form or be an expert swordsman. He is just really big and strong and uses his power to win. The hound his brother is supposed to be big (not as big) but fast and a better technical fighter. Phone Post
8/5/13 5:41 PM
canuck34
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bonersaurus - There is a rumor that Joseph Mawles (Benjen) is coming back. That would be the first major case of the show spoiling the book. Phone Post 3.0
Not if he comes back as cold hands with crazy face hiding makeup. Phone Post
8/6/13 12:09 AM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canuck34 - 
bonersaurus - There is a rumor that Joseph Mawles (Benjen) is coming back. That would be the first major case of the show spoiling the book. Phone Post 3.0
Not if he comes back as cold hands with crazy face hiding makeup. Phone Post

spoiling the book in the sense that itll be confirmed that Benjen is in fact Cold Hands.
8/6/13 12:09 AM
junon

are there any theories surrounding Patch Face?
8/6/13 12:21 AM
Zekolas

junon - are there any theories surrounding Patch Face?
Well he is not in the tv show so I do not think he is a important character. Just a creepy fool who sings of the future. Phone Post
8/6/13 12:27 AM
King Trav
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zekolas -
MMAdotCOM - Im fine with a 7 foot tall mountain thsts the size of lebron james instead of bodybuilder huge as long as he's a good actor. Huge muscles would slowvubdown which is not good in a sword fight Phone Post
The mountain is not suppose to have good form or be an expert swordsman. He is just really big and strong and uses his power to win. The hound his brother is supposed to be big (not as big) but fast and a better technical fighter. Phone Post
And nasty as a motherfucker. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 12:43 AM
DW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/06/13 12:44 AM
Zekolas - 
junon - are there any theories surrounding Patch Face?
Well he is not in the tv show so I do not think he is a important character. Just a creepy fool who sings of the future. Phone Post

Thats not a connection that works though as the show and books at this point are a good deal different, and the show has left out quite a few characters that are 'important' to the story. 

Melisandre said herself that she is creeped out by patchface and has seen his face in her fires, "surrounded by skulls" 

Whether he becomes a big character personally(doubtful) or just plays a part in another big characters story(more likely imo), GRRM writes the books so that many of the side characters are connected to big events.

8/6/13 12:45 AM
Arecsa
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junon - are there any theories surrounding Patch Face?

Prophet of the Drowned God is one theory. I wish they had cast him in the show, instead we just get one little bit of one of his songs from Stannis' daughter instead. He even unsettles Melisandre - "That creature is dangerous. Many a time I have glimpsed him in my flames. Sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood."
8/6/13 1:00 AM
Boofhead3
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh -
diggity - Any update on when the new book is publishing? Phone Post 3.0

A Game of Thrones (1996)
A Clash of Kings (1998)
A Storm of Swords (2000)
A Feast for Crows (2005)
A Dance with Dragons (2011)

At his current pace, I'd say 2017.

Seriously though, since it's confirmed GoT season 4 (2014) will be based on the second part of ASoS - and probably some of the last 2 books, then season 5 and 6 (2015/2016) will likely conclude ADwD. So he needs the next one (The Winds of WInter) to be done by at least mid 2016 so they have time to write/film/edit season 7.

I'm no expert on the series by any stretch, but my gut tells me it'll be out mid/late 2104 - and that's just because he's stated he's writing this one faster.
God damnit I hate him. I just want the next book already Phone Post
8/6/13 1:08 AM
Squatdog

TX_432 - 
Arecsa -

There's a strong rumour that he was cut after the first series for sexually harassing cast members and crew.
8/6/13 1:30 AM
diggity

Squatdog -
TX_432 - 
Arecsa -

There's a strong rumour that he was cut after the first series for sexually harassing cast members and crew.
Er.... Where did you hear that rumour? Just out of interest. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 1:49 AM
Squatdog

I've heard it a few times, which makes it very plausible in light of subsequent casting.

I know a couple of people who were involved in the second unit for season one and they basically said it was a badly-kept secret within the production.

It's a lot easier for all involved to say that Conan Stevens was dropped due to 'creative differences', rather than one of the most memorable characters was molesting female cast and crew.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.