UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/6/13 1:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Boofhead3
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh -
diggity - Any update on when the new book is publishing? Phone Post 3.0

A Game of Thrones (1996)
A Clash of Kings (1998)
A Storm of Swords (2000)
A Feast for Crows (2005)
A Dance with Dragons (2011)

At his current pace, I'd say 2017.

Seriously though, since it's confirmed GoT season 4 (2014) will be based on the second part of ASoS - and probably some of the last 2 books, then season 5 and 6 (2015/2016) will likely conclude ADwD. So he needs the next one (The Winds of WInter) to be done by at least mid 2016 so they have time to write/film/edit season 7.

I'm no expert on the series by any stretch, but my gut tells me it'll be out mid/late 2104 - and that's just because he's stated he's writing this one faster.
God damnit I hate him. I just want the next book already Phone Post
8/6/13 1:08 AM
Squatdog
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TX_432 - 
Arecsa -
TX_432 -  Any word if the original mountain will be back?? Phone Post

Doesn't look like it. He did an interview a few weeks back and said he hasn't been asked back.
Hopefully they cast someone new. Phone Post

There's a strong rumour that he was cut after the first series for sexually harassing cast members and crew.
8/6/13 1:30 AM
diggity
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squatdog -
TX_432 - 
Arecsa -
TX_432 -  Any word if the original mountain will be back?? Phone Post

Doesn't look like it. He did an interview a few weeks back and said he hasn't been asked back.
Hopefully they cast someone new. Phone Post

There's a strong rumour that he was cut after the first series for sexually harassing cast members and crew.
Er.... Where did you hear that rumour? Just out of interest. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 1:49 AM
Squatdog
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard it a few times, which makes it very plausible in light of subsequent casting.

I know a couple of people who were involved in the second unit for season one and they basically said it was a badly-kept secret within the production.

It's a lot easier for all involved to say that Conan Stevens was dropped due to 'creative differences', rather than one of the most memorable characters was molesting female cast and crew.
8/6/13 2:00 AM
Squatdog

Basically it's ' friend of a friend who heard some stuff', but it makes a lot of sense, especially with the new Mountain being so terrible that they didn't give him any screen time in season three.
8/6/13 2:42 AM
shootfighterbull

Conan Stevens is doing just fine. He's going to be in the new Hobbit movie. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 7:31 AM
Zenoplata
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junon - 
canuck34 - 
bonersaurus - There is a rumor that Joseph Mawles (Benjen) is coming back. That would be the first major case of the show spoiling the book. Phone Post 3.0
Not if he comes back as cold hands with crazy face hiding makeup. Phone Post

spoiling the book in the sense that itll be confirmed that Benjen is in fact Cold Hands.

Bran has full on conversations with Coldhands.

Coldshands is most likely the Night's King who died centuries ago.
8/6/13 7:49 AM
junon
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i actually dont want Benjen to be Coldhands but that seems to be the strongest theory.

why would they bring back the actor for Benjen?

especially when its exactly at the point where Coldhands is introduced.

8/6/13 10:12 AM
Zekolas

junon - i actually dont want Benjen to be Coldhands but that seems to be the strongest theory.

why would they bring back the actor for Benjen?

especially when its exactly at the point where Coldhands is introduced.

Coldhands being Benjen is NOT the strongest theroy. There really is nothing to point to Coldhands being Benjen besides he is missing and cold hands wears black.

Leaf says coldhand died a long time ago, and that the night watch killed him. At this point Ben would have been dead 2-3 years ; Leaf is over 200 years old, I do not think 2-3 years would be a "Long Time" to him/her.

8/6/13 1:12 PM
shootfighterbull

You claim the actor's coming back, but cite nothing. Give me a link. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 2:16 PM
junon
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes i remember Leaf's comment.

she doesnt say it was the Nights Watch.

8/6/13 5:29 PM
DW
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

an excerpt has been posted from GRRM's short story about the original Dance with Dragons about 170 years before the events in a Game of Thrones.

http://www.tor.com/stories/2013/07/dangerous-women-george-r-r-martin-excerpt

Its written from the perspective of a maester writing the history of westeros.

8/6/13 7:52 PM
shootfighterbull

Nice! Something to read tonight. Any update on the Dangerous Woman Compilation release date? Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 8:04 PM
DW
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe this December

8/6/13 9:01 PM
Kerouac

DW - 

an excerpt has been posted from GRRM's short story about the original Dance with Dragons about 170 years before the events in a Game of Thrones.

http://www.tor.com/stories/2013/07/dangerous-women-george-r-r-martin-excerpt

Its written from the perspective of a maester writing the history of westeros.

good read, thanks for the link
8/6/13 9:41 PM
Kerouac

GodSaveTheReem - 
Kerouac - How nice it would be to have prequel epics about the First Men and Children of the Forest and the first fights with the Wights and the whole story about Robert's Rebellion and , and , and ,and ,and ,and ...i'd read them, oh yes i would.

don't say that!!!!! if GRRM hears people say that he will go all ADD and stop working on Winds of Winter and start another 'side project'. I need that man to focus!

(side note: i would read the hell out of those...i hope you read dunk and egg)

Look what DW posted. :D

oh and this

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_World_of_Ice_and_Fire

Not by GRRM but consulted with him. Interesting to say the least.

8/6/13 11:11 PM
The Za
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squatdog - I've heard it a few times, which makes it very plausible in light of subsequent casting.

I know a couple of people who were involved in the second unit for season one and they basically said it was a badly-kept secret within the production.

It's a lot easier for all involved to say that Conan Stevens was dropped due to 'creative differences', rather than one of the most memorable characters was molesting female cast and crew.
He was just method acting. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 5:32 PM
NeoSpartan
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theory:

Aegon IV is actually the son of Jon Connington and Ashara Dayne. Possibly making room for the Sword "Dawn" to return.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Knight_of_the_Laughing_Tree

The crannogman focused his attention on Ashara Dayne ("a maid with laughing purple eyes"), a companion of Elia, who was dancing in turns with various partners. First a member of the Kingsguard (either her brother Arthur Dayne or infatuated Barristan Selmy), secondly Oberyn Martell ("a red snake"), third Jon Connington ("the lord of griffins"), and lastly Eddard Stark. Eddard was too shy to ask her for a dance, so Brandon asked her on behalf of his brother.[1] [2] [3]

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon_Targaryen

To better conceal his identity Aegon dyes his silver hair blue, which also serves to makes his violet eyes appear blue.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ashara_Dayne

Ser Barristan Selmy believes that Ashara gave birth to a stillborn daughter. According to Selmy, a man dishonored her at Harrenhal during the tourney and got her with child. Selmy's account is ambiguous. In Selmy's account, it was grief at the death of her child, perhaps grief at the loss of the man who "dishonored" her or shame of the "dishonoring" that led to Ashara's suicide. Also, Selmy thinks that he could have prevented Ashara's suicide if she had known of his feelings for her; that he thinks would have led her to seek his aid instead of a Stark's aid.[4]

Exact quote:

Rhaegar had chosen Lyanna Stark of Winterfell. Barristan Selmy would have made a different choice. Not the queen, who was not present. Nor Elia of Dorne, though she was good and gentle; had she been chosen, much war and woe might have been avoided. His choice would have been a young maiden not long at court, one of Elia’s companions … though compared to Ashara Dayne, the Dornish princess was a kitchen drab.
Even after all these years, Ser Barristan could still recall Ashara’s smile, the sound of her laughter.

(important part)

* He had only to close his eyes to see her, with her long dark hair tumbling about her shoulders and those haunting purple eyes. Daenerys has the same eyes. Sometimes when the queen looked at him, he felt as if he were looking at Ashara’s daughter … *

But Ashara’s daughter had been stillborn, and his fair lady had thrown herself from a tower soon after, mad with grief for the child she had lost, and perhaps for the man who had dishonored her at Harrenhal as well. She died never knowing that Ser Barristan had loved her. How could she? He was a knight of the Kingsguard, sworn to celibacy. No good could have come from telling her his feelings. No good came from silence either. If I had unhorsed Rhaegar and crowned Ashara queen of love and beauty, might she have looked to me instead of Stark?
8/7/13 5:41 PM
NeoSpartan
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or maybe Rhaegar was a cold ass nigga and after he told Elia that there needed to be "one more" he started sewing his seed in other fields if you know what i'm saying: Aegon -> Ashara and Jon -> Lyanna

8/7/13 6:23 PM
BaldTony
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fairly sure that Jon Connington wouldn't be interested in Ashara. What with her being a woman and all
8/7/13 6:40 PM
daxfactor

Sweet theories. What about Brandon smashing Ashara? Has that been discussed? Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 6:54 PM
NeoSpartan

BaldTony - Fairly sure that Jon Connington wouldn't be interested in Ashara. What with her being a woman and all

Chris Bosh has kids

and if that gay dinosaur can put a baby in someone our good man jon connington could as well. besides purple eyes is as close as he was getting to poppin' Rhaegar.
8/7/13 7:07 PM
NeoSpartan

daxfactor - Sweet theories. What about Brandon smashing Ashara? Has that been discussed? Phone Post 3.0

Possibly so...

If THIS (Brandon + Ashara) is Jon snow it would better explain him looking so much like a Stark than R+L because I'd expect him to have far more Targaryen traits (seems like their bloodline tends to be very strong when it comes to passing down genetic traits). And THEN he inherits Dawn and becomes azor ahai or something like that.

Events surrounding that tourney and then at the tower are so interconnected I can't wait to see how this turns out.

I think R+L still happened because of the Knight of the laughing tree. The Sword of the Morning would have killed Eddard Stark if not for Howland Reed. Yet Howland got punked by 4 squires that were bigger than him. He isn't taking Arthur Dayne in combat. Perhaps he made an appeal to him with words, perhaps stating that he knows what happened when Rhaegar went after the Knight of the Laughing Tree and that it was Lyanna. So Dayne lets them pass since they're already in on the secret.

BTW, I'm totally just making shit up at this point. My girlfriend is reading the books again so all of this has been coming up again when we talk.
8/7/13 10:03 PM
Zenoplata
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long has it been since the last book came out? 2 years?

This mofo needs to write faster! Soon we're going to be debating whether or not Syrio and Old Nan had an affair and that's Arya's true parents.
8/7/13 10:38 PM
Keep if professional

I'm willing to bet Martin dies before he finishes the series.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.