UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

1/17/14 7:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DW
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CainPoundedMyOldSN - let me reinterate. this new novella is fucking nasty. they talk about all the dragons. describe them all and their Valyrian riders. among them is Vahgar who is the last surviving dragon from the conquest. formerly rode by the conquerers sister and 180 something years old. almost as big as balereon the dread at this point. i mean its all about the dragons basically. they tell you about a few more old valeryan swords. orphan maker etc. theres certain to be some clues about the end of the series though i havent yet been able to pick any. its really really good. wasnt that easy for me to find but im shit on the webs. the book is called dangerous women and GRRM's novella is the last.

Yeah, its great.  Daemon Targaryan is a BAMF.

1/17/14 9:17 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was just thinking about this thread today Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 9:27 PM
Boofhead3
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone know if there has been any news on the next book? Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 9:37 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squatdog - 
One weird thing in the series is that it has made no effort to link ramsey and roose bolton yet. If you didn't read the books you'd have no idea they were father and son.

I know, right?

Oh, wait...

Well fuck me, in my defense I work long hours and was usually sleepy as hell when watching the show.

Also...this thread lives!!
1/17/14 9:44 PM
Mr Sizzzz
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 10:09 PM
bonersaurus
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DW -
CainPoundedMyOldSN - let me reinterate. this new novella is fucking nasty. they talk about all the dragons. describe them all and their Valyrian riders. among them is Vahgar who is the last surviving dragon from the conquest. formerly rode by the conquerers sister and 180 something years old. almost as big as balereon the dread at this point. i mean its all about the dragons basically. they tell you about a few more old valeryan swords. orphan maker etc. theres certain to be some clues about the end of the series though i havent yet been able to pick any. its really really good. wasnt that easy for me to find but im shit on the webs. the book is called dangerous women and GRRM's novella is the last.

Loved the story. I read that when GRRM submitted it it was originally almost the entire length of a novel and was heavily edited down into the format of a Maester telling a story.

What's interesting is that if my memory is correct there's at least 2 dragons still left in the end. Cannibal and Sheep Stealer. Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 10:10 PM
AngryFoamy
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man I need to reread this shit.  I'm forgetting too much.

1/17/14 10:47 PM
zackthewop
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is probably my favorite thread ever. Phone Post 3.0
1/17/14 11:11 PM
CainPoundedMyOldSN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boofhead3 - Does anyone know if there has been any news on the next book? Phone Post 3.0

nothing yet. only recent is this novella and thats prequel. before dunk and egg even.
1/17/14 11:13 PM
CainPoundedMyOldSN

bonersaurus - 
DW -

Loved the story. I read that when GRRM submitted it it was originally almost the entire length of a novel and was heavily edited down into the format of a Maester telling a story.

What's interesting is that if my memory is correct there's at least 2 dragons still left in the end. Cannibal and Sheep Stealer. Phone Post 3.0

yup the wild/ unridden ones. sunfyre filled the third right? grey ghost or some shit. anyone know if the blue ray for the third season of GOT has been released yet with the next history& lore of westeros animations? i fucking love those things
1/17/14 11:21 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

where can we get this book anyway? like can i go to barnes and noble tomorrow and pick it up?
1/17/14 11:51 PM
CainPoundedMyOldSN

yes you should be able to
1/18/14 12:33 AM
GodSaveTheReem

wonderful! I know have something to do at work this weekend
1/18/14 7:41 AM
bonersaurus
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The season 3 blu ray comes out February 18th I think. It's currently half off on amazon if you preorder. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 10:03 AM
Zekolas

Boofhead3 - Does anyone know if there has been any news on the next book? Phone Post 3.0
Don't hold your breath. GRRM said he should have it done before the show catches up with them. So that is still 3-4 seasons. So 3-4 more years. dance with Dragons was published in 2011 and that was 6 years after the one before that. So I would guess 2017 at the earliest. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 10:50 AM
kevsh
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The speculation on when TWoW is coming out is only exceeded in popularity by R + L = J, maybe.

There are some that believe it could be winter this year, while others who, as fans, seem to know far too much about GRRM's publishing process than is healthy, say summer 2015 at the earliest.

To add to the hype, apparently some Amazon sites are listing this October as the release date. But Amazon is known for putting up placeholder dates on pre-order items that are wildly optimistic (and likely sales-driven).
1/18/14 10:56 AM
bonersaurus

The Westeros world history book comes out this year so I suspect 2015 would be the earliest we see TWoW. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 11:21 AM
kinson

I've really wanted to get into this thread but I still have 500 pages to finish off ADWD. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 11:31 AM
GodSaveTheReem

I've heard late 2014 early 2015 as well for TWOW, and there are all the already completed chapters floating around various places on the web.

If it really comes out in October that is better than any of us could have hoped for. It sure seems like HBO is really putting the pressure on him to finish this series.
1/18/14 12:26 PM
Arzn1ck
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winds of winter- 2015

A dream of spring- 2019

I think he may die before then. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 4:11 PM
Slapsymaxi
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't remember exactly, but didn't Martin talk about Dance with Dragons only being about 6 months away in the forward of A Feast for Crows?

Not. Even. Close. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 4:29 PM
GodSaveTheReem

Arzn1ck - Winds of winter- 2015

A dream of spring- 2019

2019 is way too far away, the HBO series will have more than caught up by then...the network executives will push him real hard to finish by 2017 or so.
1/18/14 5:29 PM
kevsh
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheReem - 

A dream of spring- 2019

2019 is way too far away, the HBO series will have more than caught up by then...the network executives will push him real hard to finish by 2017 or so.

GoT producers know the major storylines through the end of the series so it is conceivable they could begin working on the TWoW and ADoS seasons before the books are out.

But that still means 2017 at the very latest for ADoS unless they conclude ADwD in season 6 and/or stretch TWoW over two seasons.

Season 4: 2014 (AFfC/ADwD)
Season 5: 2015 (AFfC/ADwD)/(TWoW?)
Season 6: 2016 (TWoW)
Season 7: 2017 (TWoW?)/(ADoS)

In any case I have a hard time believing that even if TWoW is out by the end of this year that GRRM can complete ADoS in 3 years or less. HBO knew the risks when they started this project and I bet they'll end up facing the worst case scenario (ADoS is not done in time for the last season to start production), are forced to do damage control and come up with a solution at the time.
1/18/14 5:41 PM
CainPoundedMyOldSN

kevsh - 
GodSaveTheReem - 

A dream of spring- 2019

GoT producers know the major storylines through the end of the series so it is conceivable they could begin working on the TWoW and ADoS seasons before the books are out.

But that still means 2017 at the very latest for ADoS unless they conclude ADwD in season 6 and/or stretch TWoW over two seasons.

Season 4: 2014 (AFfC/ADwD)
Season 5: 2015 (AFfC/ADwD)/(TWoW?)
Season 6: 2016 (TWoW)
Season 7: 2017 (TWoW?)/(ADoS)

In any case I have a hard time believing that even if TWoW is out by the end of this year that GRRM can complete ADoS in 3 years or less. HBO knew the risks when they started this project and I bet they'll end up facing the worst case scenario (ADoS is not done in time for the last season to start production), are forced to do damage control and come up with a solution at the time.

im assuming GRRM is writing right through to the end of the story in this interval. when he hands in TWOW he'll also have DOS all but sewn up. sort of how hes had to split books in two before. hes writing the rest of the story and making two bbooks out of it
1/18/14 5:50 PM
bonersaurus

I'd love to be wrong but it's a given the show finishes first. Since they know a lot of the end plot points I'm sure there are some clues that aren't present in the book yet.

My one theory that's not popular, is that Lady Stoneheart will ultimately revive Jon in a final act of redemption. Everyone assumes it's Mel but I think that's a red herring. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.