UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

1/18/14 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GodSaveTheReem
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard late 2014 early 2015 as well for TWOW, and there are all the already completed chapters floating around various places on the web.

If it really comes out in October that is better than any of us could have hoped for. It sure seems like HBO is really putting the pressure on him to finish this series.
1/18/14 12:26 PM
Arzn1ck
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winds of winter- 2015

A dream of spring- 2019

I think he may die before then. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 4:11 PM
Slapsymaxi
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't remember exactly, but didn't Martin talk about Dance with Dragons only being about 6 months away in the forward of A Feast for Crows?

Not. Even. Close. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 4:29 PM
GodSaveTheReem
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arzn1ck - Winds of winter- 2015

A dream of spring- 2019

2019 is way too far away, the HBO series will have more than caught up by then...the network executives will push him real hard to finish by 2017 or so.
1/18/14 5:29 PM
kevsh
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheReem - 

A dream of spring- 2019

2019 is way too far away, the HBO series will have more than caught up by then...the network executives will push him real hard to finish by 2017 or so.

GoT producers know the major storylines through the end of the series so it is conceivable they could begin working on the TWoW and ADoS seasons before the books are out.

But that still means 2017 at the very latest for ADoS unless they conclude ADwD in season 6 and/or stretch TWoW over two seasons.

Season 4: 2014 (AFfC/ADwD)
Season 5: 2015 (AFfC/ADwD)/(TWoW?)
Season 6: 2016 (TWoW)
Season 7: 2017 (TWoW?)/(ADoS)

In any case I have a hard time believing that even if TWoW is out by the end of this year that GRRM can complete ADoS in 3 years or less. HBO knew the risks when they started this project and I bet they'll end up facing the worst case scenario (ADoS is not done in time for the last season to start production), are forced to do damage control and come up with a solution at the time.
1/18/14 5:50 PM
bonersaurus
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to be wrong but it's a given the show finishes first. Since they know a lot of the end plot points I'm sure there are some clues that aren't present in the book yet.

My one theory that's not popular, is that Lady Stoneheart will ultimately revive Jon in a final act of redemption. Everyone assumes it's Mel but I think that's a red herring. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 6:20 PM
Arzn1ck
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh -
GodSaveTheReem - 

A dream of spring- 2019

GoT producers know the major storylines through the end of the series so it is conceivable they could begin working on the TWoW and ADoS seasons before the books are out.

But that still means 2017 at the very latest for ADoS unless they conclude ADwD in season 6 and/or stretch TWoW over two seasons.

Season 4: 2014 (AFfC/ADwD)
Season 5: 2015 (AFfC/ADwD)/(TWoW?)
Season 6: 2016 (TWoW)
Season 7: 2017 (TWoW?)/(ADoS)

In any case I have a hard time believing that even if TWoW is out by the end of this year that GRRM can complete ADoS in 3 years or less. HBO knew the risks when they started this project and I bet they'll end up facing the worst case scenario (ADoS is not done in time for the last season to start production), are forced to do damage control and come up with a solution at the time.
We are on season 4 and the story isn't and most likely won't be out of book 3 by the end of it. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 7:03 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alittle bit of research will show you that he took 10 chapters from ADwD to put into TWoW.

An interview in september he said thay he had 400 of 1500 written. He said both books will end up around mm 1500 pages Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 7:09 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His wiki states that as of Oct 2012 the 400 pages had been completed. He's got to be much further now Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 7:12 PM
jmont
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my theory was that ben stark was his father but ned took him in so he can stay with the brothers In black, Is this not possible? Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 7:13 PM
Boofhead3
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CainPoundedMyOldSN -
Boofhead3 - Does anyone know if there has been any news on the next book? Phone Post 3.0

nothing yet. only recent is this novella and thats prequel. before dunk and egg even.
Damn ok thanks for the info. Does anyone in aus know where I can get dunk and egg? My usual source for books, thebookdepository failed me. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 7:29 PM
FETT_Loadin76
1329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zackthewop - This is probably my favorite thread ever. Phone Post 3.0
lol mine too.. When I read the R+L=J theory my mind was blown Phone Post
1/18/14 7:49 PM
GodSaveTheReem

YVEL MACHIDA - His wiki states that as of Oct 2012 the 400 pages had been completed. He's got to be much further now Phone Post 3.0

He also has two assistant writers helping him out
1/18/14 7:50 PM
GodSaveTheReem

bonersaurus - I'd love to be wrong but it's a given the show finishes first. Since they know a lot of the end plot points I'm sure there are some clues that aren't present in the book yet.

My one theory that's not popular, is that Lady Stoneheart will ultimately revive Jon in a final act of redemption. Everyone assumes it's Mel but I think that's a red herring. Phone Post 3.0

That actually makes a lot of sense, especially with Cat's random ass dialogue about Jon being sick and stuff from season 3
1/18/14 8:32 PM
bruised
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 8:43 PM
Zekolas

GodSaveTheReem - 
bonersaurus - I'd love to be wrong but it's a given the show finishes first. Since they know a lot of the end plot points I'm sure there are some clues that aren't present in the book yet.

That actually makes a lot of sense, especially with Cat's random ass dialogue about Jon being sick and stuff from season 3

Wouldn't it make more sense if Mel does it? She is a red priest like Thoros and she is at the wall unlike lady stoneheart who is by the twins. It would take her days to get up there.

Although Jon may not even die from the wounds. However I believe Jon will die and be resurrected somehow. Once he is resurrected he will be free from the night's watch as he completed his oath to serve them till he died.

Once that happens Winter is coming...And by winter I mean one pissed off Jon Snow/Targaryen.
1/18/14 10:30 PM
bonersaurus
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thoros is not sure how he did it and Mel is not as confident in her magic as she lets on. I think she may try and fail. Stoneheart would be less expected. It would require Jon to be dead longer than most believe. If Uncat learns of Jons true parentage, perhaps from Howland, I can see her saving Jon. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 11:48 PM
GodSaveTheReem

truthfully we have no idea where Stoneheart is...last we heard from her was halfway through AFoC. There is a time gap many months long where she could have traveled anywhere.
1/19/14 12:51 AM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ned Stark always does the right thing, even if it leads to his downfall. Fact.

He would never cheat on Cat. Jon Snow is not his kid. Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 12:55 AM
zetti
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MieshaTatesSideBoob - Ned Stark always does the right thing, even if it leads to his downfall. Fact.

He would never cheat on Cat. Jon Snow is not his kid. Phone Post 3.0

I disagree. They pretty much say that Ned is John Snow's father, but they leave who his true mother is as a mystery.
1/19/14 1:10 AM
Arzn1ck

The maester that leaves the citadel immediately after samwel Tarley arrives is also a big WTF. There was no further mention of him after that and it would seem a character like that would eventually play a pivotal role somewhere in the story. Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 1:29 AM
CelticWarrior

I have read all the books, watched all the shows, and played the video game. I read pages 1,2, and 70 of this thread. I have no idea what anyone is saying. I love the whole series/world but i feel like i have no right to because i am so lost it drives me crazy. This guy is crazy for making all this up. The family trees are too much for me to handle. And you guys should all be given PHD's for understanding all this. I can not wait for new season.

i like the tin-man. A christmas story. Thats just how i feel.
1/19/14 4:17 AM
Little Red Hen

Later Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 9:50 AM
Stronghold
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just started season 1 and I read about 1/2 of book 1. I just cannot get into it. I' ll keep,warching but I am. Issing its brilliance.
1/19/14 10:41 AM
bonersaurus

Stronghold - I just started season 1 and I read about 1/2 of book 1. I just cannot get into it. I' ll keep,warching but I am. Issing its brilliance.
I started the series before the HBO show and it took me a long time to get through the first book. By the end that changed and I finished the next book 5 days after the first. I none of it had been spoiled for me though so events still shocked me. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.