UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

11/15/12 11:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zenoplata
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not saying Thoros or Stoneheart will breath the life back into Robb/Grey Wind but that he/it would be ress'ed as a wight similar to Coldhands or whatever other zombie creatures are moving around. Maybe the Others themselves appear and one of their first attacks is on the Twins and they ressurect Robb as a wight and the Frey's scream in fear as Robb's reanimated body hacks them to pieces.

It doesn't have to be Robb coming back, just a symbolic vengeance.

There are a ton of people that think Ned is secretly alive as well which I don't really like. His death has been the most meaningful of the series

11/15/12 11:42 PM
El_Varaco
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck just occurred to me how many things I've already forgotten about the series :(

anyway

Melisandre bringing Jon back is plausible, since half of her already believes that he is Azhor

Rickon in Skagos is a very interesting development, I expect him to come back and wreck serious shit

Jon + Dany is the song of ice and fire. and Jon will ultimately become the true king of the north, including the land beyond the wall.

that's all i got for now
11/15/12 11:53 PM
Mencken
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon himself is the song of ice and fire, imo.  He is the protagonist.  Dany is a pivotal character, but Jon is the true #1 of the story.  Melisandre will probably be the one to bring him back, but there is literally nothing that could surprise me more in this story than Jon actually being dead and done. 

11/15/12 11:55 PM
dizz
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken -

Jon himself is the song of ice and fire, imo.  He is the protagonist.  Dany is a pivotal character, but Jon is the true #1 of the story.  Melisandre will probably be the one to bring him back, but there is literally nothing that could surprise me more in this story than Jon actually being dead and done. 

I agree Phone Post
11/15/12 11:58 PM
El_Varaco
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon being really dead, would be the biggest anticlimax ever.

but I still stand by my assertion that Jon + Dany is the song of ice and fire.

they're two sides of the same coin

both learning and accepting and rising to who they must be.

the paths they take are seemingly quite similar too.
11/16/12 1:59 AM
CyborgRoyce
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a reason why they put Jon's death at the end of the chapter. It's definitely not the last you'll hear of him. The other true deaths always happened before the end so that you can see the aftermaths of their deaths. 

That's one of the things with GRRM, if a character dies, he makes sure you know he dies lol. 

11/16/12 2:11 AM
AlphaOnBetaBlockers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm telling you Jon wargs for at least a chapter before being revived . Phone Post
11/16/12 2:15 AM
LINDE
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some great sites for in depth reading/analysis of ASoIaF

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ

http://towerofthehand.com/features/

11/16/12 2:49 AM
MickColins
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dizz -
Mencken -

I agree Phone Post
That's such a two foot putt that I hope it isn't true. Martin would be a lazy fucker if that is how he wraps it.

And Ned is dead. The dudes head was on a spike. His death was the big plot point of book 1. It establishes the reality of the series, that its not your typical fantasy novel horseshit. Phone Post
11/16/12 3:02 AM
LINDE
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol

11/16/12 3:11 AM
mofugra
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd
11/16/12 3:32 AM
Built Like A Fedor
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd Phone Post
11/16/12 8:41 AM
Halligalli

irishman84 - 
Zenoplata - 

Are you asking what the theories I posted are?

The most popular one is that Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaeryan and Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister. It is believed that when Ned recollects about how he and Howland Reed fought the remaining Kingsguard that they were trying to protect Rhaegar's son, Jon. It would make sense that with her dying breaths Lyanna would plead for Ned to raise the child as his own bastard in order to avoid Robert's wraith.

Didnt Raegar's son already show up? He was planning to meet up with Daenarys but then died or some shit. The imp was with him for a minute after escaping before his execution

1. Aegon is (supposedly) the son of Rhaegar and Ellia of Dorne.
Jon could be the son of Rhaegar and Lyana Stark.
2.Aegon wanted to meet up with Dany, but then decided to sail to westeros with the golden company.so hes still alive and very important.
3.died or some shit? do you mean quentyn?
11/16/12 11:54 AM
Mencken
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MickColins - 
dizz -
Mencken -

I agree Phone Post
That's such a two foot putt that I hope it isn't true. Martin would be a lazy fucker if that is how he wraps it.

And Ned is dead. The dudes head was on a spike. His death was the big plot point of book 1. It establishes the reality of the series, that its not your typical fantasy novel horseshit. Phone Post

I do agree that it would be too simple of a concept.  I could definitely see it being a case of ice/fire having many pairings throughout the entire series.  Jon himself, Jon and Dany, the Others and dragons, etc

11/16/12 11:55 AM
Zekolas

One of my Theories is the following.

We know magic is stronger now and many people say this is do to the dragons coming back or they attribute it to the dragons.

But what if the dragons combing back and magic being stronger are a side effect of something else?

Maybe the Valarians have returned and are rebuilding a temple/kingdom and that caused the dragons to be born and magic to be more powerful.

What if it is Victorians horn or some other artifact that caused this? Maybe it is tied to the others.

So my point is that the Dragons did not cause magic to be stronger, something else did and that something else also caused the dragons to be born.
11/16/12 1:42 PM
Zenoplata
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually skip most of Dany's chapters. She's boring as hell.

11/16/12 1:43 PM
Zenoplata

irishman84 - 
Zenoplata - 

The most popular one is that Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaeryan and Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister. It is believed that when Ned recollects about how he and Howland Reed fought the remaining Kingsguard that they were trying to protect Rhaegar's son, Jon. It would make sense that with her dying breaths Lyanna would plead for Ned to raise the child as his own bastard in order to avoid Robert's wraith.

Didnt Raegar's son already show up? He was planning to meet up with Daenarys but then died or some shit. The imp was with him for a minute after escaping before his execution

Even if Aegon is really Aegon Jon could be a different son.

Aegon is most likely a Blackfyre, from a line of  bastard Targ's that have been trying to overthrow the Targs for centuries.

11/16/12 1:46 PM
DW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Other random theory

The Red Viper had already poisoned Lord Tywin before Tyrion killed him.  Thats why he was on the Privy when Tyrion found him and why his corpse stank so badly.  Oberyn even hinted at it to Tyrion when he was still alive saying something like..."Tywin wont live forever"

11/16/12 1:47 PM
T-Ham
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bastards, the lot of you. Phone Post
11/16/12 1:47 PM
dizz
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MickColins - 
dizz -
Mencken -

I agree Phone Post

I disagree. It only seems obvious because the fans have had 16 years to dissect every little thing about the series. If Rhaegar and Lyanna produced Jon, it makes sense that he's the song of ice and fire. But R+L = J isn't really OBVIOUS, it's pretty well-veiled. It's just because Martin's fans, myself included, are nutters about the series and have torn it apart to find all the clues that now, years later, it seems obvious.

11/16/12 1:50 PM
Mencken

RV did poison Tywin. 

11/16/12 2:00 PM
LittleKang
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DW -

Other random theory

The Red Viper had already poisoned Lord Tywin before Tyrion killed him.  Thats why he was on the Privy when Tyrion found him and why his corpse stank so badly.  Oberyn even hinted at it to Tyrion when he was still alive saying something like..."Tywin wont live forever"

Do we ever figure who poisoned Joffrey. Like we know it was because of Sansas necklace but of who got it into the glass?

They say poison is womens, cravens and eunnch's weapons.... Phone Post
11/16/12 2:03 PM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 
irishman84 - 
Zenoplata - 

Even if Aegon is really Aegon Jon could be a different son.

Aegon is most likely a Blackfyre, from a line of  bastard Targ's that have been trying to overthrow the Targs for centuries.

Don't understand why people keep insisting Aegon is "most likely" a Blackfyre. So, Jon Connington, Rhaegar's best friend, is just going to go into voluntary exile and raise some whelp that isn't even his best friend's kid? Unless you think somehow that Connington was wholly ignorant of Aegon's parentage. But then you use the Golden Company working for Aegon as evidence that he's a Blackfyre. So, everyone in the Golden Company knew Aegon was a Blackfyre, EXCEPT Connington, who led them for awhile? That makes sense to you?

The Blackfyre rebellion happened something like 110 years before the current events in the series take place.
11/16/12 2:06 PM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang - 
DW -

Other random theory

Do we ever figure who poisoned Joffrey. Like we know it was because of Sansas necklace but of who got it into the glass?

It was strongly alluded to by Littlefinger that Olenna Tyrell, the "Queen of Thorns" and Mace's mother was the one who poisoned Joffrey's cup. She "fixed" Sansa's hair at the wedding feast and slipped it into the cup.
11/16/12 2:08 PM
Mencken

LittleKang - 
DW -

Other random theory

Queen of Thorns, imo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.