UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/16/12 2:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dizz
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang - 
DW -

Other random theory

The Red Viper had already poisoned Lord Tywin before Tyrion killed him.  Thats why he was on the Privy when Tyrion found him and why his corpse stank so badly.  Oberyn even hinted at it to Tyrion when he was still alive saying something like..."Tywin wont live forever"

Do we ever figure who poisoned Joffrey. Like we know it was because of Sansas necklace but of who got it into the glass?

They say poison is womens, cravens and eunnch's weapons.... Phone Post

Littlefinger in league with the Queen of Thorns

11/16/12 2:08 PM
dizz
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but that's just a guess

11/16/12 2:11 PM
MickColins
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It only seems obvious because the fans have had 16 years to dissect every little thing about the series. If Rhaegar and Lyanna produced Jon, it makes sense that he's the song of ice and fire. But R+L = J isn't really OBVIOUS, it's pretty well-veiled."

No, its quite obvious. I knew fuckall about the overall structure, didn't read the fan forums, the TV series hadn't been put out yet and I theorized it while reading. And I'm a lump of protoplasm. It has to be a red herring imo because Martin laid it out so bluntly. My theory is that Jon is Lyanna and Robert's kid. 

11/16/12 2:13 PM
Mencken
758 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - when is the last book supposed to come out anyways? Fucking annoying

The next book isn't supposed to be the last....but at the rate he writes, the next one will be out in 2014/15

11/16/12 2:21 PM
LittleKang
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 -
Awesomo4000 - 
LittleKang - 
DW -

Other random theory

The Red Viper had already poisoned Lord Tywin before Tyrion killed him.  Thats why he was on the Privy when Tyrion found him and why his corpse stank so badly.  Oberyn even hinted at it to Tyrion when he was still alive saying something like..."Tywin wont live forever"

Do we ever figure who poisoned Joffrey. Like we know it was because of Sansas necklace but of who got it into the glass?

It was strongly alluded to by Littlefinger that Olenna Tyrell, the "Queen of Thorns" and Mace's mother was the one who poisoned Joffrey's cup. She "fixed" Sansa's hair at the wedding feast and slipped it into the cup.

Yeah the whole gold coin thing right. Throsn gave the coin to the dude that helped Sansa escape but was that what it was for or did he do the poisoning and help her flee? The drunk guy that sansa saved by making him the fool?
Now that you bring up that gaolers gold coin, I dont think that has to do with Sansa and Joffreys death but actually Varys was the goaler....
Remember the guy that made the cells killed everyone that worked on them. And when Ned and Tyrion were in the black cells the one that visited them was Varys. I think Varys planted that coin to sow deceit between Cersei and the Martell's.

Ps those websites are crazy

Pps its obvious MANY people wanted a targayan on the throne after the Robert took the throne. Do you think they also played a hand in Robert wedding Cersei. Like there are obvious other choices for Robert so why Cersei? Unless they wanted to ruin the two/three families, starks lannisters and baratheons, that brought down the mad king. Phone Post
11/16/12 2:25 PM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - 
Awesomo4000 - 
LittleKang - 
DW -

Other random theory

It was strongly alluded to by Littlefinger that Olenna Tyrell, the "Queen of Thorns" and Mace's mother was the one who poisoned Joffrey's cup. She "fixed" Sansa's hair at the wedding feast and slipped it into the cup.

Yeah the whole gold coin thing right. Throsn gave the coin to the dude that helped Sansa escape but was that what it was for or did he do the poisoning and help her flee? The drunk guy that sansa saved by making him the fool?

The whole scheme was Littlefinger's to get Sansa away from King's Landing. He gave Ser Dontos a hairnet to give to Sansa which had an amethyst in it, with instructions that Sansa HAD to wear it during the feast "it's magic, it will protect you."

During the feast Olenna Tyrell fixed Sansa's hair. Sansa at some point noticed that the amethyst in her hairnet was missing. Sansa asked Littlefinger who poisoned Joffrey and in response, Littlefinger specifically asked her if anyone touched her hair that night.

Lothor Brune killed Ser Dontos on the rowboat after paying him some gold to lead Sansa away from the feast and for giving her the hairnet.
11/16/12 2:31 PM
Mencken
758 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang -

Pps its obvious MANY people wanted a targayan on the throne after the Robert took the throne. Do you think they also played a hand in Robert wedding Cersei. Like there are obvious other choices for Robert so why Cersei? Unless they wanted to ruin the two/three families, starks lannisters and baratheons, that brought down the mad king. Phone Post

Who were the obvious other choices?  Lyanna wasn't an option.  Tywin was coming with his army and could have potentially tilted the war either way.  Agreeing to marry Cersei cements Tywin as an ally and thereby wins the war.  She was far and away the best option to marry, imo

11/16/12 2:39 PM
Adventure Runner
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think a lot of this stuff are red herrings that Martin has thrown in to fuck with overly geeky people.

The Hound... dead.

Ned... dead (seriously don't know why people think otherwise)

Syrio is not Ja'quen.

Dany is Azor Ahai

11/16/12 2:41 PM
Mencken

Adventure Runner - I think a lot of this stuff are red herrings that Martin has thrown in to fuck with overly geeky people.

The Hound... dead.

Syrio is not Ja'quen.

Dany is Azor Ahai

Hound is alive and is the gravedigger.

Ned is dead...totally agree.  No clue why people think otherwise

Syrio is not Ja-quen.  Totally agree.

Jon is Azor Ahai

11/16/12 2:42 PM
LittleKang
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken -
LittleKang -

Who were the obvious other choices?  Lyanna wasn't an option.  Tywin was coming with his army and could have potentially tilted the war either way.  Agreeing to marry Cersei cements Tywin as an ally and thereby wins the war.  She was far and away the best option to marry, imo

But was it determined right then or was Robert already king? Because was it not John Arryn who advised him to do it. John was hand at the time i thought.
And i dont think tywin was ever going to help the mad king because he slighted him twice, first not.wedding.rheagar to cersei then taking Jamie as a kingsguard.

Im sure there were a martell or tyrell to marry too. Phone Post
11/16/12 2:43 PM
Mencken

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite - 
Mencken - 

Jon himself is the song of ice and fire, imo.  He is the protagonist.  Dany is a pivotal character, but Jon is the true #1 of the story.  Melisandre will probably be the one to bring him back, but there is literally nothing that could surprise me more in this story than Jon actually being dead and done. 

I'm starting to believe that the Song of Ice and Fire isn't a person, but a battle. Fire being the followers of R'hllor and his disciples such as Melisandre against the god of the North and his followers such as Bran, Cold Hands, and the children of the forest.

Yah, I touched on that in a later post.  I think we'll see interplay/pairing of ice and fire in a bunch of places in the book.  Jon, Jon and Dany, the battle like you describe, etc.

11/16/12 2:44 PM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adventure Runner - I think a lot of this stuff are red herrings that Martin has thrown in to fuck with overly geeky people.

The Hound... dead.

Syrio is not Ja'quen.

Dany is Azor Ahai

Agree with the middle two. Ned is dead. Syrio is not Ja'qen.

The Hound is not dead, he's the gravedigger at the sept that Brienne goes through. His horse is seen in the stables, and the gravedigger's physical appearance matches the Hound exactly.

Dany could be Azor Ahai, but regardless who it is, I think it's extremely likely that Jon is still a Targaryen who, along with Aegon, will be the other two dragon riders.
11/16/12 2:47 PM
dizz

Don't need no third dragon rider when you got Bran warging into a dragon

11/16/12 2:48 PM
CyborgRoyce
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

I usually skip most of Dany's chapters. She's boring as hell.

Lol, I did too. Figured I'd wait for the TV series to fill me in since it's more fast paced. They change her story a little bit but who cares, I get the drift. Reading up on the chapters on the wiki rather than reading the chapters themselves saved me a lot of grief. 

11/16/12 2:49 PM
Ari2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CyborgRoyce - 

I think Jon Snow will get excommunicated from the Night's Watch for his faults as commander, the wildlings will follow him and he'll have an army of his own. 

Also, Brienne is the daughter of Duncan the Tall

Duncan the Tall would have been older than Maester Aemon.

I don't think Brienne could be his daughter...but of the line perhaps
11/16/12 2:57 PM
shootfighterbull

You guys be crazy. Ill say this, though. I desperately wanted to skip her chapters while reading Book 3, but i really enjoyed her chapters in book 5. Phone Post
11/16/12 2:58 PM
CyborgRoyce
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ari2 - 
CyborgRoyce - 

I think Jon Snow will get excommunicated from the Night's Watch for his faults as commander, the wildlings will follow him and he'll have an army of his own. 

I corrected myself and said descendant, possibly granddaughter. It's strongly hinted in AFfC. 

11/16/12 2:59 PM
shootfighterbull

Ari2 -
CyborgRoyce - 

GRRM has stated that we've met a descendant of Sir Duncan. I think it'd be hilarious if it was the Gravedigger. His physical description matched that of Sandor, but only by chance. Phone Post
11/16/12 3:01 PM
CyborgRoyce

shootfighterbull -  You guys be crazy. Ill say this, though. I desperately wanted to skip her chapters while reading Book 3, but i really enjoyed her chapters in book 5. Phone Post

Really? Each to their own, but all that shit about her twilight-ish relationship with Daario, marrying a fat slaver and ruling a foreign land that has no connection to the rest of the story is interesting to you? I'll say some of it was interesting, but those chapters really bored the hell out of me. 

11/16/12 3:11 PM
dizz

CyborgRoyce - 
shootfighterbull -  You guys be crazy. Ill say this, though. I desperately wanted to skip her chapters while reading Book 3, but i really enjoyed her chapters in book 5. Phone Post

Really? Each to their own, but all that shit about her twilight-ish relationship with Daario, marrying a fat slaver and ruling a foreign land that has no connection to the rest of the story is interesting to you? I'll say some of it was interesting, but those chapters really bored the hell out of me. 

Yeah, holy god, her chapters in ADWD were fucking painful to read through

11/16/12 3:13 PM
CyborgRoyce

shootfighterbull - 
Ari2 -
CyborgRoyce - 

GRRM has stated that we've met a descendant of Sir Duncan. I think it'd be hilarious if it was the Gravedigger. His physical description matched that of Sandor, but only by chance. Phone Post

Lol, actually one of the candidates that people are speculating is Hodor, which would be hilarious but given his stature is plausible. 

Ser Duncan travels to Winterfell in his next journey (which is due out soon btw) and supposedly falls in love with a Northern girl as we see in one of Bran's flashbacks. This Northern girl may or may not be Old Nan, Hodor's great (great, great?) grandmother. Remember, Dunk the Lunk was also thick as a castle wall! 

11/16/12 3:15 PM
Adventure Runner
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesomo4000 - 

The Hound... dead.

Syrio is not Ja'quen.

Dany is Azor Ahai

The Hound is not dead, he's the gravedigger at the sept that Brienne goes through. His horse is seen in the stables, and the gravedigger's physical appearance matches the Hound exactly.

Dany could be Azor Ahai, but regardless who it is, I think it's extremely likely that Jon is still a Targaryen who, along with Aegon, will be the other two dragon riders.

The grave digger was a big dude. I wouldn't say that was exact.
11/16/12 3:21 PM
CyborgRoyce

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite - 
CyborgRoyce - 
shootfighterbull - 
Ari2 -
CyborgRoyce - 

Lol, actually one of the candidates that people are speculating is Hodor, which would be hilarious but given his stature is plausible. 

Ser Duncan travels to Winterfell in his next journey (which is due out soon btw) and supposedly falls in love with a Northern girl as we see in one of Bran's flashbacks. This Northern girl may or may not be Old Nan, Hodor's great (great, great?) grandmother. Remember, Dunk the Lunk was also thick as a castle wall! 

Wasn't Brienne's shield fashioned after Duncan's?

Yep, that was the hint, apart from her stature and similarities in character: 

"The arms of Tarth were quartered rose and azure, and bore a yellow sun and crescent moon. But so long as men believed her to be a murderess, Brienne dare not carry them. ?Your door reminded me of an old shield I once saw in my father's armory. She described the arms as best she could recall them... It was more a picture than a proper coat of arms, and the sight of it took her back through the long years, to the cool dark of her father's armory. She remembered how she'd run her fingertips across the cracked and fading paint, over the green leaves of the tree, and along the path of the falling star."

LittleKang

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite - The only chapters that I've had trouble with were some of Bran's early chapters. Until ADwD, I didn't really care for his narrative other than a few interesting pieces of information.
Briennes chapter have been by far the worst shit ever Phone Post
DW
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adventure Runner - 
Awesomo4000 - 

The Hound... dead.

Syrio is not Ja'quen.

Dany is Azor Ahai

The grave digger was a big dude. I wouldn't say that was exact.

A big dude who limped like he had a wound to his leg.  Who covered his face.  Who got along well with the dog at the Sept.  Who worked for a Septon who said he came across Sandor but states that 'The Hound" had died.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.