UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Where do you buy your wine?

11/14/12 7:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Z NEDCMK1
705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just curious where everyone buys their wine from. I have shifted over the last

I use 3 main places.

www.wineshopper.com

Great for bulk table wine. They have lots of deals on cases that are discounted 30% plus with free shipping on orders over $99. You have to pick and choose because they put a lot of trash wines up for sale. There are only 5 or 6 deals listed at a time. Sometimes gems come across, and decent drinkable table wines go up for cheap and it is a good opportunity to stock up.

www.missionfinewines.com

I love this place. They only deal in mature wines, and rarities. I have purchased spectacular wines from them. It is a great place to purchae vintage wines. I recently purchased some 1974 Bordeauxs from them and after letting them sit for 2 weeks to settle from shipping they were fantastic. You have to sort through their stock a bit as the price ranges on their wines range from $20 - $55,000. I love this for buying nice dinner wines (our  range being $25 - $60), occasion wines (less than $100) and special occasion wines ($100+) I have nto found anywhere else that has the rarities and vintages they carry and it is a great place t add some mature very special wines to your colection. If you are a big time player you can get all kinds of gems, unfortunately I am not.

They are also extremely helpful. If you email or call they will go through the vintages and if you tell them what you are looking for generally their recommendations have never failed. If I had any say in the matter I would rate them the best online wine merchant. One email and they treat you like you are shoppig at the local wine shop of your dreams.

www.brutocaocellars.com

Vineyard in Northern Ca. Fantastic wines. I am a member of their wine club which sends two shipments a year. The wine club is wonderful because they always include library wines. Their mainline wines which run $20 - $25 drink like $60 bottles. Their super premium which only runs about $35 drinks like $100. Their table wine called "Bliss" is regularly $12 but as it is now through December 2, is often on sale for $6.99 and I would say is comparable to the very popular $25 bottles of Cabernet such as Decoy, Conundrum, ect...

Where do you guys buy your wine?

11/30/12 1:36 PM
DaCrusher
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wadeswines.com
11/30/12 1:36 PM
DaCrusher
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

or Chelsea Wine Market
12/14/12 5:08 PM
myersei
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On line here:

Winelibrary.com for my daily drinkers
WTSO.com for deals
K&L for collectables/ fine wines
Premier Cru for collectables/ fine wines

Locally at several places but my favorites are Davidson's and AppleJack's.
1/10/13 12:28 PM
GaryG
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Local shops

For a small rural/resort area there are some really knowledgable (sommeliers) shop owners in the area.
9/10/13 3:34 AM
jerrysherry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Z NEDCMK1 - 

Just curious where everyone buys their wine from. I have shifted over the last

I use 3 main places.

www.wineshopper.com

Great for bulk table wine. They have lots of deals on cases that are discounted 30% plus with free shipping on orders over $99. You have to pick and choose because they put a lot of trash wines up for sale. There are only 5 or 6 deals listed at a time. Sometimes gems come across, and decent drinkable table wines go up for cheap and it is a good opportunity to stock up.

www.missionfinewines.com

I love this place. They only deal in mature wines, and rarities. I have purchased spectacular wines from them. It is a great place to purchae vintage wines. I recently purchased some 1974 Bordeauxs from them and after letting them sit for 2 weeks to settle from shipping they were fantastic. You have to sort through their stock a bit as the price ranges on their wines range from $20 - $55,000. I love this for buying nice dinner wines (our  range being $25 - $60), occasion wines (less than $100) and special occasion wines ($100+) I have nto found anywhere else that has the rarities and vintages they carry and it is a great place t add some mature very special wines to your colection. If you are a big time player you can get all kinds of gems, unfortunately I am not.

They are also extremely helpful. If you email or call they will go through the vintages and if you tell them what you are looking for generally their recommendations have never failed. If I had any say in the matter I would rate them the best online wine merchant. One email and they treat you like you are shoppig at the local wine shop of your dreams.

www.brutocaocellars.com

Vineyard in Northern Ca. Fantastic wines. I am a member of their wine club which sends two shipments a year. The wine club is wonderful because they always include library wines. Their mainline wines which run $20 - $25 drink like $60 bottles. Their super premium which only runs about $35 drinks like $100. Their table wine called "Bliss" is regularly $12 but as it is now through December 2, is often on sale for $6.99 and I would say is comparable to the very popular $25 bottles of Cabernet such as Decoy, Conundrum, ect...

Where do you guys buy your wine?

i will buy from supermarket or the shop with great reputations.

10/2/13 2:59 PM
Mullet @ Heart
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only place I can. Utah State Liquor Store. :(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.