UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit-Knee is not off limits, hopes to finish GSP

11/14/12 9:10 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC Interim welterweight champ Carlos Condit appeared on the Nov. 13 installment of "UFC Tonight" and discussed Saturday's main event with welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

St-Pierre is coming off a year break from fighting, due to a knee injury, surgery, and rehab.

The two are both members of Jackson's MMA, but discounted the significance, as they have not trained to together.

I have been around Georges a little while he’s been training," said Condit. "But not a whole lot. We haven’t ever sparred together. It’s not really an advantage for either one of us.”

"Georges is such a dynamic fighter. He is an incredible athlete. He is a powerful, explosive guy. Between takedowns and strikes, there is a lot to deal with.”

“I really feel like Georges is the undisputed champion. He has been so dominant in the division for the last several years, he has been undefeated and until someone defeats him, he is the champion.”

Condit was asked directly of he though GSP's knee is fair game.

“Yeah man, I think so," said Condit. "If someone in the cage, you can’t say ‘hey man that is off limits.’ There are no time outs, there are no substitutions.”

“I wouldn’t say that I’ve been leg kicking any more or less than before," Condit added.

“I’ve really made a point to work on my overall athletic ability. I’m really working hard on my strength and conditioning. I’ve filled in some holes in my game I knew I would need to fix before I fight Georges. I’ve trained with some of the best guys in the world on a daily basis, and it’s not a fight, but it’s pretty close. I’m really not too concerned.”

“This fight is something I have been working toward for 10-12-15 years since I first started competing, and not even competing but training in mixed martial arts. This is a dream of mine. To fight GSP for the title in his home town for the undisputed belt is both surreal and an opportunity of a lifetime.”

When asked how he planned to win, Condit was succinct.

“Through hard work and hopefully a finish over one of the biggest stars in the sport.”

Read entire article...

11/14/12 9:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Put him in a body bag"

War Condit Phone Post
11/14/12 10:15 AM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's gonna be a dog fight! Phone Post
11/14/12 10:41 AM
Swayze Express
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't blink
11/14/12 10:42 AM
Darth Ryase
1432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do guys like this train around eachother and never even spar?

11/14/12 10:47 AM
BooZe

show no mercy - It's gonna be a dog fight! Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
11/14/12 10:55 AM
yellow wrkahlc

Yes, it's a fight, but I hope his gameplam doesn't revolve around destroying George's knee again. Fair game, but still a bit cheap. Phone Post
11/14/12 11:03 AM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The last Condit we saw couldn't finish a buzzed out Diaz.. he ain't finishing GSP.

11/14/12 11:45 AM
chawkins
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Condit wins, I just hope it will be because he beat GSP, and not because he beat GSP's knee. Does that make sense?
11/14/12 11:54 AM
orcus

inf0 - 

The last Condit we saw couldn't finish a buzzed out Diaz.. he ain't finishing GSP.

lol @ acting like being "buzzed out" is a detriment to Nick that should make him easier to finish.

11/14/12 11:58 AM
Darth Ryase
1432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like what Anderson Silva does?

11/14/12 12:00 PM
suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

yeah, who can't finish diaz?  what a fkin loser!  

11/14/12 12:03 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos Condit is no Jeremy Jackson.

11/14/12 12:08 PM
BubblesNS
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So in the second primetime, mike winklejohn stressed keeping his fighters safe as part of the gameplan ( this was right after the story about him losing his rye) But we regularly see condit and jones use potentially career ending knee kicks. That is pretty hypocritical. Phone Post
11/14/12 12:11 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chawkins - If Condit wins, I just hope it will be because he beat GSP, and not because he beat GSP's knee. Does that make sense?
Yup Phone Post
11/14/12 12:15 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

DAMMIT!
11/14/12 12:17 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly I wouldn't even really consider GSP as a Jackson's MMA fighter. Sure he trains there somtimes, but if you had to pick, he'd be considered a Tri Star product. Greg Jackson just wants credit for the best fighters.
11/14/12 12:18 PM
Bloodstorm

yellow wrkahlc - Yes, it's a fight, but I hope his gameplam doesn't revolve around destroying George's knee again. Fair game, but still a bit cheap. Phone Post
if its the safest way to win they have already been working on it Phone Post
11/14/12 12:47 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew Winklejohns plan for this fight was going to be the oblique kick.  I've had a feeling about this all week that Condit is going to blow out GSP's knee with a kick....If that happens I am going to feel so ripped off.

11/14/12 1:20 PM
supersonic
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doubt GSPs fixed knee is more susceptible to that attack than his good one
11/14/12 1:25 PM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always hard watching a knee strike...

11/14/12 1:35 PM
cWa
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP has game planned enough so that if NBK does kick at the knee he has the timing down for some type of counter. It's all fair game. GSP is one of the best at game plans. If NBK does attack the knee GSP has a counter for it.
Isnt attacking the knee the same as GSPs takedowns? It would be expected right?

Is NBK skilled enough to have something for GSPs counters?
11/14/12 1:35 PM
40oztofreedom
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't worry about his knee. As soon as Condit throws a kick... Boom takedown. He'll be fighting off his back the whole time. Phone Post
11/14/12 1:45 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase -

How do guys like this train around eachother and never even spar?

Intentionally Phone Post
11/14/12 1:48 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - Honestly I wouldn't even really consider GSP as a Jackson's MMA fighter. Sure he trains there somtimes, but if you had to pick, he'd be considered a Tri Star product. Greg Jackson just wants credit for the best fighters.
If GSP felt he deserved to be called one of his coaches for years, then yes, Greg does deserve credit. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.