REDRUM_NYC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/14/12 1:30 PM

no champ if healthy should be allowed to sit almost a year at his wishes

11/14/12 1:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
REDRUM_NYC

Interim Titles suck but So does a Champion who elects to "sit this one out" for a year....

Its a double edge sword all because of the duckeration that is happening in MMA

11/14/12 1:34 PM
5pointer

The Overseer -  I think Cung Le is back in the top rankings after his brutal knock out over Franklin.
They should make Belfort and Bisping for the interim title, winner of Weidman/Boetsch fight Cung Le, and winner of that fight faces interim title holder.
It'll give us more bad ass fights AND probably the first ever interim title defense in recorded human history. Phone Post

love it!
11/14/12 2:28 PM
REDRUM_NYC

yes^^^ SAD TIMES

11/14/12 3:20 PM
crzyJenks
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't they decide to put the interim rule into effect if a champion was going to be out and not able to defend his title for a year?  In those cases it was due to injury but I would think it would be a similar case here if the champion decided to take a year break.

11/14/12 3:21 PM
DanEzra
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interim titles can fuck off and die.

11/14/12 3:26 PM
SteelyRes211
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Submissable - 
TeamRenzo - I hate the whole idea of interim titles. You are either the champ or your not and in order to be the champ you have to beat the champ.

I dont see how a professional could take pride in an interim title.

This!

Why not instead of an interim title they just have the winner of him and Boetsch fights the winner of Bisping & Vitor for the true #1 contender. And then you can have your fight with Anderson. Why would you want in Interim title? Why would you want a title that isnt really the Champion? I would never ask to be interim. I want to be the best.

Fighters want it because it locks them in as the # 1 contender and they can't have their title shot taken away from them for whatever circumstances arise.

see Dan Henderson.
11/14/12 3:27 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 11/14/12 3:27 PM
Talk of an interim belt in Anderson's division is complete nonsense and does little more than reveal the desperation of the middleweight fighters who are talking about it.

Anderson Silva has averaged one title defense every 7 months for the better part of a decade. He also went up a weight division multiple times when the UFC needed him to help create exciting cards.. making his overal average 1 fight every 5.8 months for more than six years.

It's now the end of 2012... There is absolutely nothing wrong with him taking a fight in late 2013.
11/14/12 3:30 PM
Mexirican
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - Only if the winner plans on defending that belt before Anderson comes back. Completely defeats the purpose of having an interim belt if the interim champions decide to WAIT. Phone Post
This. NO. MORE. INTERIM. TITLES. Phone Post
11/14/12 3:31 PM
Bucephalus

Nucky - 

Didnt Randy Couture hold the belt hostage and get it stripped? Why is it that Anderson has the power to only defend the belt one time a year and hes not even injured?. 

It's a bit ridiclous that these guys got to have a tournament just to get a title shot, I enjoy watching Anderson's master craft but don't feel its fair that the belt be held hostage while he goes off and does B-rated Action flicks with Seagal.

Yeah.. I guess Anderson averaging a couple of fights a year since before you hit puberty was his way of 'holding the belt hostage'. A guy like him doesn't deserve to take a year off after setting the record for the most consecutive title defenses in UFC history. Of course.
11/14/12 3:33 PM
danneykmma
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should just make Chris vs Bisping now and let vitor and tim fight for contendership Phone Post
11/14/12 3:33 PM
TARRat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -  Only if the winner plans on defending that belt before Anderson comes back. Completely defeats the purpose of having an interim belt if the interim champions decide to WAIT. Phone Post

Logic? Common sense?

GTFO. :)
11/14/12 3:34 PM
danneykmma
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

danneykmma - They should just make Chris vs Bisping now and let vitor and tim fight for contendership Phone Post
Chris vs Bisping for interim title if Anderson is really going to take a year off* Phone Post
11/14/12 3:35 PM
Submissable
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SteelyRes211 - 
Submissable - 
TeamRenzo - I hate the whole idea of interim titles. You are either the champ or your not and in order to be the champ you have to beat the champ.

I dont see how a professional could take pride in an interim title.

This!

Why not instead of an interim title they just have the winner of him and Boetsch fights the winner of Bisping & Vitor for the true #1 contender. And then you can have your fight with Anderson. Why would you want in Interim title? Why would you want a title that isnt really the Champion? I would never ask to be interim. I want to be the best.

Fighters want it because it locks them in as the # 1 contender and they can't have their title shot taken away from them for whatever circumstances arise.

see Dan Henderson.

Makes sense. I dont like it though. You're just a fake champ with a reservation to me.

11/14/12 3:36 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 11/14/12 3:36 PM
Nucky - This doesn't even make sense so ya.

You're on your own when it comes to reading comprehension.
11/14/12 3:39 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Nah. Might as well just make of those 2 fights for the interim title and then let the winner of the other one fight for it. You get an extra title fight and make sure that it gets defended. Phone Post
This Phone Post
. Phone Post
11/14/12 3:41 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 11/14/12 3:40 PM
These guys know that he only way they will ever strap a belt around their waist while Anderson is still Champion, is to make a second belt. Even if the UFC allows it.. it will be meaningless.
11/14/12 3:41 PM
orcus

Sounds good to me. 

11/14/12 4:24 PM
Brian Davis

Finally Weidman says something intelligent.
11/14/12 4:37 PM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TARRat - 
yellow wrkahlc -  Only if the winner plans on defending that belt before Anderson comes back. Completely defeats the purpose of having an interim belt if the interim champions decide to WAIT. Phone Post

Logic? Common sense?

GTFO. :)

Damn, I almost forgot where I was for a sec. Thanks for reminding me, fren.

Carry on.

11/14/12 4:48 PM
XcessiveZ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinda seems like a 2nd place prize as long as Silva is still around.And the last thing we need is another interim champ not defending the belt. Phone Post
11/14/12 4:53 PM
Ram Rod
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Throw belcher in there somehow Phone Post
11/14/12 5:00 PM
CKH09

Somebody tell this dude to quit begging.
11/14/12 5:09 PM
SQUIRREL Master
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ram Rod -  Throw belcher in there somehow Phone Post

what this guy said. Belcher always gets overlooked. he would stop all them, with weidman being his toughest fight
11/14/12 5:15 PM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUIRREL Master - 
Ram Rod -  Throw belcher in there somehow Phone Post

what this guy said. Belcher always gets overlooked. he would stop all them, with weidman being his toughest fight

How would you propose we throw Belcher in a two man fight?

Besides that, Alan Belcher has yet to defeat a Top 10 opponent. He has his chance at UFC 155. Weidman and Bisping are the two most marketable names, atm. Vitor and Boetsch lost some luster in the most recent performances. 

I wish they had matched those four up differently.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.