UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman Tweets "winner of me & Boetsch vs winner

11/14/12 7:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Broder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo - I hate the whole idea of interim titles. You are either the champ or your not and in order to be the champ you have to beat the champ.

I dont see how a professional could take pride in an interim title.

If the champ doesn't want to defend his title frequently enough to keep the division running or can't because of injury what choice is there? I read a headline of an article somewhere recently that said Silva didn't want to fight again until the end of 2013. Sitting out a year just because you want to isn't fair to the other guys in the division.
11/14/12 7:21 PM
Choochy
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broder -
TeamRenzo - I hate the whole idea of interim titles. You are either the champ or your not and in order to be the champ you have to beat the champ.

I dont see how a professional could take pride in an interim title.

If the champ doesn't want to defend his title frequently enough to keep the division running or can't because of injury what choice is there? I read a headline of an article somewhere recently that said Silva didn't want to fight again until the end of 2013. Sitting out a year just because you want to isn't fair to the other guys in the division.
He also said he was taking time off before the Bonnar fight popped up on a couple of weeks notice.

He's fought twice in the last 4 months. Phone Post
11/14/12 7:21 PM
BrunoMcGyver
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Overseer -  I think Cung Le is back in the top rankings after his brutal knock out over Franklin.
They should make Belfort and Bisping for the interim title, winner of Weidman/Boetsch fight Cung Le, and winner of that fight faces interim title holder.
It'll give us more bad ass fights AND probably the first ever interim title defense in recorded human history. Phone Post

I think they should just strip Anderson of the title and give it to Cung. In fact, strip GSP and Bones of their titles and give it to Cung as well. That one KO shows he's the goat and can whoop everyone. Viva la Cung!
11/14/12 7:23 PM
SugaFoot
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it but by the time that fight happens Anderson will be ready to fight again.

11/14/12 8:06 PM
Herb Mazzagatti
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ram Rod - Throw belcher in there somehow Phone Post
You said it

Why do ppl get so worked up about interim titles? Does anybody actually consider condit the champ right now? It's pretty much turned into a meaningless title so why get your panties in a knot over it Phone Post
11/14/12 9:53 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hasn't Anderson said he was going to take a break before and ended up fighting his normal 2 times a year anyways. If he is serious about the hiatus though, there should definitely be an interim bout and this seems the right way to go, and if Anderson is still sitting for 6 months or more whoever gets the belt should have to fight Belcher or Chael.
11/15/12 2:49 PM
REDRUM_NYC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva should have never ducked Weidman from the jump

11/15/12 5:22 PM
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/12 5:23 PM
Herb Mazzagatti - 
You said it

Why do ppl get so worked up about interim titles? Does anybody actually consider condit the champ right now? It's pretty much turned into a meaningless title so why get your panties in a knot over it Phone Post

Because the point of an interim champion is to have a champion while the other is gone.

Condit and Barao basically turned their interim championships into accessories by choosing to wait as year-long #1 contenders.

If they're gonna do this whole 'Interim' crap again, they better defend the belt at least once.

11/15/12 7:42 PM
Herb Mazzagatti
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -
Herb Mazzagatti - 
You said it

Because the point of an interim champion is to have a champion while the other is gone.

Condit and Barao basically turned their interim championships into accessories by choosing to wait as year-long #1 contenders.

If they're gonna do this whole 'Interim' crap again, they better defend the belt at least once.

Ya man I agree but when's the last time it was actually used in that way? Hell, they gave carwin and interim title and he fought Brock like 4 ufcs later Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.