UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> I had Hogan, they have Cena

11/14/12 6:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Growing up, I looked up to Hulk Hogan.  I was brought up as a Catholic, so my mom was all for this.  She even encouraged it and would watch with me.  When Warrior beat him, she was all upset.

Kids now have Cena.  He is a great role model and does a TON for the fans.  He has accomplished a lot.  Where I work, I see quite a few Cena shirts and book bags each day. 

That's all. 

11/14/12 6:31 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But just like hogan there comes a time for a massive heel turn and that's what I'm waiting(praying) for Phone Post
11/14/12 6:46 PM
ArtMinaj

That is true, but not the point.  Maybe WWE is NOT turning him for that reason. People will hate him either way.

The smarks are the guys who claim to be experts on Wrestling, but have 0 understanding of the actual business. 

torubu
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_OBEY - But just like hogan there comes a time for a massive heel turn and that's what I'm waiting(praying) for Phone Post
Hulkamania went on for 14 years before the turn. Cena has been a face for what, half of that? Phone Post
ArtMinaj

That is true, but not the point.  Maybe WWE is NOT turning him for that reason. People will hate him either way.

The smarks are the guys who claim to be experts on Wrestling, but have 0 understanding of the actual business. 

11/14/12 7:07 PM
ArtMinaj

torubu - 
UGCTT_OBEY - But just like hogan there comes a time for a massive heel turn and that's what I'm waiting(praying) for Phone Post
Hulkamania went on for 14 years before the turn. Cena has been a face for what, half of that? Phone Post

Hulkamania had grown stale and been on the shelf for a long time while he was shooting that flop TV show.

Why turn the guy with 300 granted wishes heel?  It makes no sense.  He is the leader of that company and making them a shitload of money.

Who cares if they can't say "shit" on TV or do stupid sex angles?  Their booking isn't great, but who says they NEED shocking TV or even blood to be successful? 

11/14/12 7:11 PM
bigironmike79
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sum bitch makes Vince a hell of a lot of money. If Vince turns cena heel he will lose a big portion of that money. Not gun doit. Supercena is the biggest draw he has. Not gonna risk it on hopes of drawing all the old fans in. Phone Post
11/14/12 7:27 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torubu -
Everything lasted longer then there were champs who held the belt for 3 years that's unheard of now a days times have changed and people's interest gets lost a lot quicker now eg. If Someone today was holding the title as long as Bruno Sammartino people would stop watching because they will loose interest the viewers ask for change so quickly thats why titles have been switching hands left and right because people loose interest very quickly now a days. (this perspective is coming from one of the younger viewers I'm 18) not saying that I fully know what I'm talking about its just I'm part of the demographic they are trying to appeal most too and I'm not happy

Anyways I'm a huge fan of Cena out of the ring I think he is a great human being and we should have more celebrity's like him

with that being said this is the main reason he will never go heel with the Internet blogging every day to day activity Cena does with charity he can't go heel because no one will buy into it if he's still running around hugging disabled children Phone Post
11/14/12 7:47 PM
ArtMinaj

You DO know what you are talking about though.  You are a viewer and have an opinion.  Your opinion isn't wrong either.  I am just saying that it only makes sense for them to keep things as they are with him.  

You wanting him to be heel is fine.  I am talking about the smarks (not you) who hate him and think that it's a great idea to turn him heel.  Turn him heel and all you will hear about is what a shitty heel he is.

We all have opinions, I just am more open here and post a lot more than others.  That doesn't make me right.

11/15/12 6:43 AM
torubu
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While we are the ADD generation, the title changes aren't due to crowd demands. It's because a lot of these wrestlers now need belts to get over. There aren't many "grudge" matches that don't involve titles anymore. At least, none that can captivate an audience. Phone Post
11/15/12 7:41 AM
Nonlinear

i was never all that into Hogan, I liked Million Dollar Man and Jake the Snake a lot, were my two favs. 

11/15/12 9:07 AM
CryLikeAGirl
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't need to be a heel, he just needs to stop with the juvenile poopy jokes, etc. It would be nice to see him be an edgier face again.

Oh, and if the wwe cares so much about Cena's image, then why book him in the stupid "affair" angle? Phone Post
11/16/12 1:40 PM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea but at least Hogan lost once in a while Phone Post
11/16/12 2:23 PM
ArtMinaj

Smokemonster -  Yea but at least Hogan lost once in a while Phone Post

Hogan held the tile for four straight years.  Cena lost to The Rock last year.  He will beat him in the rematch though.  

11/16/12 2:57 PM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he beats the Rock then wrestling as we kno it is dead and kiddie wrestling has completely taken over Phone Post
11/16/12 3:09 PM
Smokemonster

UGCTT_OBEY -
torubu -
Everything lasted longer then there were champs who held the belt for 3 years that's unheard of now a days times have changed and people's interest gets lost a lot quicker now eg. If Someone today was holding the title as long as Bruno Sammartino people would stop watching because they will loose interest the viewers ask for change so quickly thats why titles have been switching hands left and right because people loose interest very quickly now a days. (this perspective is coming from one of the younger viewers I'm 18) not saying that I fully know what I'm talking about its just I'm part of the demographic they are trying to appeal most too and I'm not happy

Anyways I'm a huge fan of Cena out of the ring I think he is a great human being and we should have more celebrity's like him

with that being said this is the main reason he will never go heel with the Internet blogging every day to day activity Cena does with charity he can't go heel because no one will buy into it if he's still running around hugging disabled children Phone Post
Isn't that exactly what happened?? Wwe has dramatically lost viewership in the last 5 years and the reason is Cena plain and simple. It's y I stopped watching for a while, every contender for his title would whoop his ass in the days leading to the match and somehow on match night he would go all SuperCena and pull out the win. Umaga,Orton, HHH, Lashley, Batista, the list goes on and on. The one that truly pissed me off was the Great Khali, Khali fucked him up every which way for months and then guess what happened?? SuperCena turns it on and not only does he win but he fuckin tosses Khali off a dump truck. Fuckin stupid. If they woulda just let Cena lose once in a while it woulda been fine but holy shit it's not entertainment when u kno this assholes gonna win every time. And they have him beat almost every old school guy they had on the roster so any fans that came before Cena were basically told they're favorite guy was shit compared to this wannabe gangster with a pink shirt on. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.