UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit wants Anderson Silva next

11/14/12 7:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Watch above as Carlos Condit talks about his UFC undisputed welterweight title fight against Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154, playing the role of spoiler, how Montreal has treated him, his approach to this fight, his thoughts on Anderson Silva attending the fight, and not having his long-time coach Greg Jackson in his corner.

11/14/12 7:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Overseer
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HA! Phone Post
11/14/12 7:24 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no thanks
11/14/12 7:25 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok Carlos....one legend at a time buddy! LOL Phone Post
11/14/12 7:26 PM
Dire
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a Canadian, I love the Marines, but isnt it kind of weird that the UFC has the Marines sponsering an event in Canada?

I would love the UFC to support all of our troops, including the Canadians..
11/14/12 7:29 PM
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah that's weird, but there's been a bunch of new military/army ads on american tv. Looks like the government is trying new techniques to get recruits. A demographic like the UFC's is perfect for them.
I just hope this isn't a sign of Obama's foreign policy to come in his second term.

As for the vid, fuck yeah. I'd love to see Condit get destroyed by Anderson Silva.
11/14/12 7:30 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

I like Carlos. Seems like a stand up guy and very honest and open.

11/14/12 7:31 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greg not being in his corner will hinder Condit's performance.

It's bullshit that Jackson can corner Jones in the Evans fight, yet he can't do it now. GSP is NOT, I repeat, is NOT a Team Jackson fighter, and he never was. He would go there for occasional gameplanning with other fighters, but was never one of Jackson's guys.

GSP has now made Tristar his homebase, and Greg still talks like he's one of his fighters (when he never was). The best part is Condit and GSP never sparred together in the gym. The most they ever came into contact with each other was a simple greeting. That was it.

He needs to be in Condit's corner. Instead, he wants to play it as though he coaches both guys, just to keep his name next to GSP's. He may have worked with GSP in the past, but he's no longer affiliated with him. Be a coach, and stop acting like they were brothers.

11/14/12 7:32 PM
SickEyeDiaz
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's gonna yell...

"COMBINATION AND EXIT!" And

"THAT'S RIGHT, FIRST TO THE PARTY FIRST TO LEAVE!"

as well as talk to him like he's a little child between rounds if Greg Jackson isn't in his corner?

11/14/12 7:34 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at everyone calling out Silva.  Focus on the task at hand, buddy.  You got your hands full on Saturday night. 

11/14/12 7:37 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREamed_by_DongJ - We still want our dogfight.
Thats tragic Phone Post
11/14/12 7:37 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/14/12 7:39 PM
BOMDC
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

It's bullshit that Jackson can corner Jones in the Evans fight, yet he can't do it now. GSP is NOT, I repeat, is NOT a Team Jackson fighter, and he never was. He would go there for occasional gameplanning with other fighters, but was never one of Jackson's guys.

GSP has now made Tristar his homebase, and Greg still talks like he's one of his fighters (when he never was). The best part is Condit and GSP never sparred together in the gym. The most they ever came into contact with each other was a simple greeting. That was it.

He needs to be in Condit's corner. Instead, he wants to play it as though he coaches both guys, just to keep his name next to GSP's. He may have worked with GSP in the past, but he's no longer affiliated with him. Be a coach, and stop acting like they were brothers.

First rule of business:

Protect your investment.

That said it's complete BS and Jackson is yet again leaving one of his most loyal and original students out to dry so he can protect his brand. Voted up.
caposa
1658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see it

KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dream Big! Aim for the stars! Phone Post
11/14/12 7:41 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOMDC - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

First rule of business:

Protect your investment.

That said it's complete BS and Jackson is yet again leaving one of his most loyal and original students out to dry so he can protect his brand. Voted up.

Voted up right back.

It's truly pathetic to do such a thing to a guy who's been in your camp for so damn long. This is his biggest fight,  and he needs to be in his corner, period.

11/14/12 7:42 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're trying to recruit for the military to prepare for a future invasion into some other country.
11/14/12 7:42 PM
MMA Monkey

wow. ug news/blog with another misleading title..
11/14/12 7:43 PM
Malvert the Janitor
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At no point in that interview did Carlos say he wanted Anderson next. Or am I hallucinating??? Phone Post
11/14/12 7:46 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think he REALLY wants to fight Anderson. I think he was just responding to Ariel Helwani's question but he probably could care less about fighting Anderson. He did say right after that he'd have a long list of contenders at WW if he won.
11/14/12 7:48 PM
Entreri

Carlos never said he wanted Anderson next. Another UG Blog FAIL.
11/14/12 7:49 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

Misleading UG title. Phone Post
11/14/12 7:51 PM
French Fries Malone
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ug news fail ? What never?

Condit must be pissed at Jackson for not cornering him in the biggest fight of his career Phone Post
11/14/12 7:53 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About a month ago: (paraphrase)

"I apologize for misleading UG Blog titles, and not totally veryfing stories before we post them." -Kirik

Month later: UG Blog still full of horrible misleading thread titles AND content.

Kirik, you're the man, but this kind of bullshit is getting old.  Sorry, but it needs to be said. 

11/14/12 7:56 PM
slugshot331
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite welterweight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.