UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit wants Anderson Silva next

11/15/12 1:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because GSP is NOT his fighter. That's why. The most he can get is 'GSP's occasional gameplanner' when associated with George. We all know better.

I understand the whole staying neutral thing. But, it's still wrong in my eyes for him to not be in the corner of Condit on Saturday night. I'm not the only one here who feels that way.

11/15/12 1:13 PM
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - lol I spent 8 minutes waiting for him to call out ANderson Silva and all I heard was

"I'm gonna spoil the party because I'm gonna beat GSP"

"would you like to fight Anderson next?"

"agh agh sure, there is a long list of contenders that are waiting though to challenge me at 170"

You have a knack for posting in between Lilbrock's posts and mine.

11/15/12 1:15 PM
Triple_B
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like GSP, but if Carlos won and told Jackson to fuck himself after he tries to congratulate him............I'd be good with that too.

11/15/12 2:20 PM
Joe Sons nuts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Because GSP is NOT his fighter. That's why. The most he can get is 'GSP's occasional gameplanner' when associated with George. We all know better.

I understand the whole staying neutral thing. But, it's still wrong in my eyes for him to not be in the corner of Condit on Saturday night. I'm not the only one here who feels that way.

Ya but many will hate on no matter what he  or Jones say, so you need to take their comments with a grain of salt.

And he is clearly not just an "occasional gameplanner."  I don't know if you've even competed before but the guy that is in the cage in between rounds giving advice is the guy that you trust most.  You don't let the "sneaky businessman" in there.  Again, GSP is a pretty smart guy and there is clearly a reason he wanted GJ in there over Firaz all those years.

But he doesn't anymore. He even admitted to cutting his ties with Jacksons due to Firaz not getting enough credit as his true head coach, and GSP actually being a Tristar fighter.

Greg should be in Condit's corner, period. It's a bitchy move on his side, especially after the Jones thing and coaching against Rashad, who unlike GSP, actually was a true Jackson pioneer and originator who helped build that gym.

I think Greg's certain GSP will win.
11/15/12 5:06 PM
1_2_5_ThreeSir
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man,

It is really hard to not like Condit. I'm almost breaking a sweat just keeping the 209 mean mug down.
11/16/12 4:07 PM
SickEyeDiaz
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ kinda sounds like you with Nick Diaz, no? Phone Post
11/16/12 4:11 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

once condit feels the strength of gsp, he will want NO PART of facing a guy who is stronger than that, NATURALLY.
11/16/12 9:07 PM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

Greg not being in his corner will hinder Condit's performance.

It's bullshit that Jackson can corner Jones in the Evans fight, yet he can't do it now. GSP is NOT, I repeat, is NOT a Team Jackson fighter, and he never was. He would go there for occasional gameplanning with other fighters, but was never one of Jackson's guys.

GSP has now made Tristar his homebase, and Greg still talks like he's one of his fighters (when he never was). The best part is Condit and GSP never sparred together in the gym. The most they ever came into contact with each other was a simple greeting. That was it.

He needs to be in Condit's corner. Instead, he wants to play it as though he coaches both guys, just to keep his name next to GSP's. He may have worked with GSP in the past, but he's no longer affiliated with him. Be a coach, and stop acting like they were brothers.

This should tell you everything about jacksons ego.

Instead of training his loyal student, he wants people to think gsp is one of his fighters.
11/16/12 9:12 PM
Shogun121

LilBrockonmychest - 

So if he wants to be associated with the best, as he apparently did with Jones, why isn't he cornering GSP for this fight then?

And no matter how much you try and argue it, Greg Jackson has helped GSP for his fights for the past 5-6 years.  Whether or not he had the label of "Team Jackson" printed across the TV screen, it is Jackson helping him out for the fight and in the cage giving him advice in between rounds.  Apparently GSP trusts him more than anyone at Tristar in the most important times of the fight.  There is a reason for that.

He is not cornering gsp because its gsp's call, and last i heard, he is not training at jacksons gym anymore, he ended ties with them.

George also worked alot with renzo in the past, and I dont see renzo claiming gsp is one of his fighters.

Nobody is saying jackson did not work with gsp, but I also dont think anyone considers gsp a jackson product, or a jackson trained fighter.

Everyone here in canada associates him with tristar.
11/16/12 9:35 PM
Shogun121

Renzo did not corner gsp, but trained him extensively for the shields fight as well as prior fights.

Calling us jackson haters I mine as well call you a jackson lover, i just dont see gsp as a jackson fighter like condit, and I think its a shame he is not cornering his full time student who always trains their.

You obviously feel different and feel he is a jackson fighter and jackson did the proper thing.
11/16/12 9:37 PM
Shogun121

Edited: 11/16/12 9:38 PM
Also what do you mean jackson said the belt is coming back to jacksons and gsp or his trainer did not dispute that?

Does everything jackson say need to be disputed? Maybe they did not even notice he said that, maybe they shrugged him off and did not want to get in an argument about it, who knows.

But I myself consider gsp a tristar fighter. Also how long has gsp trained at tristar? You keep mentioning hes been with jackson for 5-6 years, how much training has he done their compared with tristar.

We could go on forever in circles arguing this.
11/16/12 9:47 PM
Shogun121

I am not saying he "stricly" trains at tristar, I mentioned he trains at renzos and jacksons as well, like alot of fighters do depending on if they feel need special training they may train at a seperate gym at different times.

I do not consider him a team jackson fighter however.

Anyway this will be my last post, I think we simply have a difference of opinion on what belonging to a team means.

11/16/12 9:56 PM
SickEyeDiaz
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
SickEyeDiaz -  ^^^ kinda sounds like you with Nick Diaz, no? Phone Post

Care to tell me what I've lied about or made up about him that was incorrect?

Don't worry, I don't really expect you to answer that question.

They should start a UG award ceremony...

...and the UG award for the most stoic and absolutely humorless poster goes to...

LilBrockonmychest!!!
11/16/12 10:49 PM
SickEyeDiaz

Oh, and you've lied about him fighting a bunch of smaller guys, considering they all fought him at an AGREED UPON WEIGHT...(that means they weighed the exact same at the weigh ins).

Care to tell me what is "incorrect" about that?
11/16/12 10:52 PM
SickEyeDiaz

Please tell me LilBrock...how is one guy bigger than the other when they both weigh 170? or 160? or whatever the AGREED UPON WEIGHT is?
11/16/12 11:15 PM
SickEyeDiaz

LilBrockonmychest - 
SickEyeDiaz - Oh, and you've lied about him fighting a bunch of smaller guys, considering they all fought him at an AGREED UPON WEIGHT...(that means they weighed the exact same at the weigh ins).

Care to tell me what is "incorrect" about that?

I think you have the words "lie" and "facts" mixed up.  I tell  you what.  Look at the past 15 opponents for GSP, Condit, Rory, Hendricks, Kampmann, or Ellenberger and see if they've fought as many current LW's and FW's as Nick has.

Before I do that, define what a LW and a FW are.

If Nick beat someone at WW yesterday and today they decide to move down to LW, then they are automatically a LW forever before and after?

according to your fuct up logic, that is true.
11/16/12 11:51 PM
SickEyeDiaz

This goes back to the argument I made yesterday...Nick is apparently supposed to refuse any opponent who isn't a LARGE WW?

Those guys you mentioned all fought Nick at AN AGREED UPON WEIGHT. And I might add that both parties made said weight. What's the problem? WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Those opponents aren't good enough because YOU think that they belonged in a lower weight class?
11/17/12 12:07 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is really getting out of hand.
11/17/12 12:47 AM
SickEyeDiaz

LilBrockonmychest - 

You're getting warmer.  Yes, if Nick wants to be considered one of the best WW's in the world, he should have been refusing fights with top 30 level LW's at WW.  In fact, he never should have been in the same organization as them and he could have been competing against Kos, Fitch, Alves, etc.. the past 5 years.  As I stated yesterday, Rory, Kampmann, Hendricks, GSP, or any other top WW could have left the UFC to fight the lower level small guys but chose not to.  They wanted to fight the best. 

I'm glad Nick is now in the UFC and I'm curious to see how he does the next few years.  I wish he wasn't suspended right now.  In fact, with the fine he got, I think he's served enough of a punishment for having only mj metabolites in his system.  I wish they'd let him come back for the NYE or SB weekend card.  Unfortunately, with the way he keeps battling the NSAC and the moron Cesar publically insulting the head of the commission I don't see that happening.

translated: I'm glad Nick is currently in the UFC and I love watching him fight, but I have an issue with HOW he made it back into the UFC...
11/17/12 12:50 AM
SickEyeDiaz

LOL....so he fought (nothing but) top 30 (at best) LW's between his UFC stints...LOL

delusional
11/17/12 12:56 AM
SickEyeDiaz

For someone who goes on and on about LOGIC...you sure seem to ignore it.

11/17/12 1:25 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't the UG blog used to have a gazillion vote downs? How did they get to only -9? Did they reset the counter or something? I recall it being in the hundreds before.
yellow wrkahlc - Greg not being in his corner will hinder Condit's performance.

It's bullshit that Jackson can corner Jones in the Evans fight, yet he can't do it now. GSP is NOT, I repeat, is NOT a Team Jackson fighter, and he never was. He would go there for occasional gameplanning with other fighters, but was never one of Jackson's guys.

GSP has now made Tristar his homebase, and Greg still talks like he's one of his fighters (when he never was). The best part is Condit and GSP never sparred together in the gym. The most they ever came into contact with each other was a simple greeting. That was it.

He needs to be in Condit's corner. Instead, he wants to play it as though he coaches both guys, just to keep his name next to GSP's. He may have worked with GSP in the past, but he's no longer affiliated with him. Be a coach, and stop acting like they were brothers.

VTFU. So true. GSP has always been with Tri-Star in Montreal and Team Renzo in New York.

His affiliation with Jackson's was mostly for the sparring partners. GSP almost never went to New Mexico. He used Jackson fighters for access to sparring partners (e.g. Nate, Rashad), and Jackson was his cornerman and worked with them a bit on pre-fight strategy, but that's about it.

Jackson tries very hard to paint the perception of his affiliation with GSP to be much stronger than it is. But Firaz is GSP's real coach, and GSP probably interacts with even Renzo and Renzo's coaches (especially Renzo's BJJ coach, who is very renowned) more than Greg.

Jackson's is a good place to train, but Greg himself is pretty hypocritical. He tries to portray the team as family, but has little loyalty to the guys who made him famous - everyone knows the Diego situation, and it was Diego's success that led to Greg being well-known. Yet Greg dumped him for GSP like nothing. There was also the Rashad situation. And now Greg pretending like GSP is as much his fighter as Condit is. Jackson is certainly a good coach but his ethics are questionable.
11/17/12 2:17 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/12 2:17 AM
Hah, I just got voted down. I can only presume it was for this post above. To my knowledge that's the first time I've been voted down since the system became transparent.

I would think that if someone was going to vote you down, they'd at least have something to say in response to your post, so that you can have some sort of conversation. Oh well.
11/17/12 2:36 AM
SickEyeDiaz

^^^ I agree with your points but...

Don't get all butthurt about a votedown...happens all the time.
11/17/12 3:05 AM
DaemonDragon

I was more bemused than 'butthurt'.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.