UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your honest opinions on DFW?

11/15/12 1:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RayRaysFunhouse
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is NOT for bashing.
Just what do you think of the guy? As a person and as a businessman. A lot of fighters dislike him because they say he wants to be a fighter and can't, while others praise him as a great businessman (which I think is obviously true)
My own personal opinion, I think he's pretty much a normal dude. I think he does a lot of things for attention, whether good or bad, like we've all done. He's very self-deprecating (look at his newest interview about ducking the soccer challenge) and seems pretty down to earth.
I don't have a negative thing to say about him as a businessman, though. Yeah he swears a lot on tv and some people may hate that (Fox included) but it makes us "normal" people feel like he's closer to being one of us. A dude that's not in the best of shape, bald, swearing all the time and using twitter to bitch, I think we all have some people like that we know. Phone Post
11/15/12 1:26 AM
Louisvillain
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love him.
Stern and Selig are coward pussies.
Dana speaks da troof!
Plus it just seems like he's the sort of guy I can chill and drink beer with. Phone Post
11/15/12 1:27 AM
Pizzeria Nova Uno
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes the man. A bit childish at times. I love the fact that hes not PC and tells espn to
Go fuck themselves. Phone Post
11/15/12 1:45 AM
kinson

I really like Dana. I love how pissed off some people get when he speaks. It's the reason I keep coming back.

Say what you want. Mma wouldn't be as big today without him. Phone Post
11/15/12 1:55 AM
SJCOTTON
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is made for tv. UFC would be much duller without him Phone Post
11/15/12 1:57 AM
dingdong_malice

Love him. I find all his outbursts hilarious and like listening to the guy speak.
11/15/12 2:02 AM
D241

I hate........his job.  As a fan(longtime), I have the right to nitpick and voice my opinion or displeasure of choices/decision he makes or fighters he bashes or cuts or doesn't sign.

Really, as fans, we should be at war. He wants our money, and we should want to get the most bang for our buck, but he should be trying to maximize profits.  I shouldn't like promoters, and I don't like decisions he's made, however I think he's a pretty outstanding human being and I am 99% sure if I had his job, I'd do it a whole helluva lot worse, even though I'd try my best.

btw^^^^, is that gif taken from that cheezy 90's movie "Sidekick" that I watched several times as a kid but if I watched it now, I probably wouldn't be able to make it past the first 10 minutes?

11/15/12 2:02 AM
Loadin76
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is exactly what you would get if you got anyone of us on this forum and said "Here run the UFC please". Except he actually took it and ran with it as opposed to us who would say "Oh shit, not what do I do". Fucker runs it as a fan and a business man. Passionate as fuck and on occasion listens to the fans, gives them what they want and also listens to us rant and sits us down in the corner when we act like petty little shits.

11/15/12 2:06 AM
phillyslice99

Great man Phone Post
Easytarget
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has done a lot of good. It annoys me when he has to toe a line as a promoter that he wouldn't as a fan, because i get the feeling he still thinks he is honest and frank at all times.
KZTT_MMAfan55
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have complete admiration for the guy. He helped elevate the sport to mainstream. He doesn't take shit except from Anderson Silva. He's not PC and keeps it real. Phone Post
12SixElbow
620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stolen from another poster.

I shouldn't like promoters, and I don't like decisions he's made, however I think he's a pretty outstanding human being and I am 99% sure if I had his job, I'd do it a whole helluva lot worse, even though I'd try my best.

Talk to Dana White in person, he truly fucking loves this sport and cares about it, you can tell. Hell of a nice guy

11/15/12 2:29 AM
Dmoney35

a very proactive and down to earth commissioner who actually hears his fans and cares. passionate and driven to be the best, he is a godfather of mma and huge reason mma is mainstream Phone Post
11/15/12 2:32 AM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

Edited: 11/15/12 2:33 AM

Personally, I agree with his mother 100%.

I don't want to get banned on DanaGround, so I'll leave it at that.

As far as MMA

Started well, but is theeee worst ambassador for budo and mixed martial arts one could hope for.

The epitome of arrogance, He's cool if he hangs with you and gives you stuff and doesn't give any fight analysis or criticism of others.

(+7)

11/15/12 2:54 AM
D241

Dana is the lowest share holder in UFC. Fertitta brothers own 51% between them, Blake Santini(sp) has the next biggest share, then The Sheik, THEN Dana at 9% shareholder.

Not saying that Dana hasn't made bad decisions, however I feel many bad decisions came via influence of investors who have more say so than Dana does.

And that was me 12-6elbow

11/15/12 3:01 AM
D241

Correction to the above

Zuffa is co-owned by Fertitta brothers (40.5% each), Dana White (9%) and Sheik Tahnoon of Abu Dhabi (Flash Entertainment) (10%)

Does anyone have any idea why I was thinking(and rather adament) that Blake Santini was part owner?

Edit-Nevermind 

I'm still unsure if he's part owner or not, but I HAVE read it that he is. Blake Sartini is the correct last name btw.

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=21124

11/15/12 3:05 AM
Ramone8
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a different kind of sport, and he's a different kind of promoter. I often times find myself at odds with some of the things he has to say, but at the end of the day, when he is honestly speaking out about Jon Jones, Silva, etc. his mind is in a million different places. Surely I'm merely thinking about the disappointment that Silva gave me in Abu Dhabi, but he is already thinking about expansion, network terms, etc. He's a busy guy, with a lot of fingers in a lot of different areas, who am I to chastise his decision making?

I became a fan of the UFC in the old days, and thought it would perpetually be a sport that received very little respect, and garner few headlines. He took a big risk, spent a lot of other peoples money, and ended up doing quite well.

I will be disappointed with a President talking shit on his employees 100 percent of the time, but at this point I am quite comfortable saying that he knows how to handle business far better than I would have.
11/15/12 3:16 AM
Drunkenirishfc
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love him he's gave us some great moments and done so much for the sport and the day he retires will be a sad one Phone Post
11/15/12 3:29 AM
Caught_clean
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"what do you honestly think of DFW"

Come into the thread, double spaced rant from Thaiguy about the ethical treatment of Shogun. Yep seems about right.
11/15/12 3:36 AM
Caught_clean
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes one of my favorite fighters, and you are a rambling idiot. The fuck are you talking about me making light of anything? I am making light that you can turn a Dana thread into a Shogun thread somehow because you are a frantic spaz.
11/15/12 3:45 AM
Caught_clean

didnt read
11/15/12 3:47 AM
Humboldt
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know him as a person. Never had the chance to meet Dana, unfortunately so it seems. Those fans who have seem to unilaterally agree he is good peeps.

Never done business with the man. I have no opinion on how well he conducts his business other than the obvious success that he and the rest of the ZUFFA/ UFC team have accomplished.

But as a fan? As a spectator, an outside observer?

No homo. I love DFW. That man is good for the sport. Phone Post
11/15/12 3:55 AM
CindyO

D241 - 

Correction to the above

Zuffa is co-owned by Fertitta brothers (40.5% each), Dana White (9%) and Sheik Tahnoon of Abu Dhabi (Flash Entertainment) (10%)

Does anyone have any idea why I was thinking(and rather adament) that Blake Santini was part owner?

Edit-Nevermind 

I'm still unsure if he's part owner or not, but I HAVE read it that he is. Blake Sartini is the correct last name btw.

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=21124

He was, for one month in the very beginning.

Cindy

11/15/12 4:03 AM
JosselEmin

Dana try his best.
As a fan I don't like some of his calls.
As a business man I would love to have him in my company. Phone Post
11/15/12 4:04 AM
Beggsie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like him, always interested in what he has to say. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.