UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your honest opinions on DFW?

11/25/12 12:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Forrest Spliffn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana pretty much defines being a Jew.
No offense to Jews but when people think Jew they think of guys like Dana.
Anything for a buck and his word means shit. Phone Post
11/25/12 2:59 PM
whoabro

Loadin76 -

He is exactly what you would get if you got anyone of us on this forum and said "Here run the UFC please". Except he actually took it and ran with it as opposed to us who would say "Oh shit, not what do I do". Fucker runs it as a fan and a business man. Passionate as fuck and on occasion listens to the fans, gives them what they want and also listens to us rant and sits us down in the corner when we act like petty little shits.

Perfectly said. Phone Post
11/25/12 2:59 PM
Lorenthz

I love what he has done for the sport, and he is a hell of a business man. But he should drop his personal vendetta against certain fighters and drop his thug mentality. Phone Post
11/25/12 3:08 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cjlom21: "Paying fighters 8k to show 8k to win. Gambling 100k on blackjack hand. Tipping dealer 15k."

It's none of your fucking business if he tips well or gambles with his personal money.
11/25/12 3:19 PM
PhilthyPhilgood

Love Dana, he's the man, nuff said. Phone Post
11/25/12 3:24 PM
SinCityHustler

Just wondering here, does Lorenzo or any of the other owners make any decisions at all?  Because Dana White is being hated on for all the decision HE makes.  He owns 9% of the company and has little formal business background to speak of.  Do you guys really believe that it is Dana White making the decisions? 

Dana White is a great front man.  He plays his roll perfectly.  He is entertaining and he gets the fan bois up in arms over every comment  he makes, which of course = more interest in his product.  But lets be honest here, Dana White wouldn't have any idea how to run a global company like the UFC if his life depended on it.  Some of you guys have him blamed for every fighter that is cut, all the pay rates, all the match making, the scheduling of # of pay per views and free shows, etc.  Too funny.  I can only hope that those taking that position on this thread are all still in high school but will wise up in a few years.  Sadly I know it is grown ups who still don't understand how any of it works.  

Dana White has been great for the UFC.  He has done a great job at taking all the shit and promoting the fights.  He's a cool guy in general and a pleasure to sit with and shoot the shit.  Very generous guy too.  He plays a very entertaining character and I'm glad UFC brass utilize his talents to the max.  I still wish they'd make the reality show about him and get rid of that abortion of a show, TUF.  

11/25/12 3:51 PM
The Rebel

DFW is the man..
11/25/12 4:03 PM
DatSpider
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/25/12 4:04 PM
I personally think he’s good for the sport. This is fighting not ballet people who expect sophisticated, mild-mannered promoters are obviously not aware of how to properly sell products and Fighting in general. Dana tells it like it is he’s more fan oriented than any other president out there, which means we get juicy information we wouldn’t get otherwise e.g. a lot of the fighters can lie to our face regarding willingness to fight anybody anytime because Dana will blast whomever turn down the fights. Why would the fans complain about that?

As a promoter you shouldn’t take everything he says at face value, you shouldn’t let him dictate your own opinions because he’s mad at somebody or if he’s bashing the competitors for the hell of it if you do that you would have no problem enjoying the colorful character that is, Dana White.
11/25/12 5:45 PM
Ryan Black
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my opinion, DFW is a notoriously good natured, generous guy most of the time who will always speak his mind, whether you like it or not, he doesn't care. That's an important quality to have when doing his job.

Yes, his swearing can be a little much at times, but the guy gives you his honest take on everything, and he doesn't tuck or dodge questions. Nobody is perfect, we are all human. Dana White has transcended head and shoulders above the competition as a promoter, he does his job damn well, works inexplicably hard to make things happen and bring shows to fans across the globe.

And his generosity with money has been well-documented. He donates fairly freely to several good causes.

I have a lot of respect for Dana White. That's my opinion. Phone Post
11/25/12 8:24 PM
Scramslam

Love him, for obvious reasons. No romo
11/25/12 10:26 PM
JBASS
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - 
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
JBASS -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
JBASS -
legkicktothehead - 
Ramone8 - It's a different kind of sport, and he's a different kind of promoter. I often times find myself at odds with some of the things he has to say, but at the end of the day, when he is honestly speaking out about Jon Jones, Silva, etc. his mind is in a million different places. Surely I'm merely thinking about the disappointment that Silva gave me in Abu Dhabi, but he is already thinking about expansion, network terms, etc. He's a busy guy, with a lot of fingers in a lot of different areas, who am I to chastise his decision making?

I became a fan of the UFC in the old days, and thought it would perpetually be a sport that received very little respect, and garner few headlines. He took a big risk, spent a lot of other peoples money, and ended up doing quite well.

I will be disappointed with a President talking shit on his employees 100 percent of the time, but at this point I am quite comfortable saying that he knows how to handle business far better than I would have.

What really irked me was when Zuffa threw Shogun under the bus

Shogun gave them the greatest fight in UFC history.

All Shogun has done is come to fight, even when injuried, which has cost him many of his recent performances

Yet because Shogun didn't take a risky fight against an unknown fighter they threw him under the bus

Then how Lorenzo said Shogun wasn't a true fighter because he didn't take a SECOND short notice fight with Jones

I mean that was fucking despicable

They showed no respect to their former champion

That let me know that Zuffa doesn't care about their fighters

Thats was when I took a step back and really thought about things

Having been an employer for many years, there is nothing I can't stand more when I ask staff to do something and they say 'No, I do not want to do that.' At the end of the day, if I pay you to do a job and ask you to do that job and you say NO to me - then why do I even have you employed?

Sure, my line of work and MMA are completely different industries - but in any other world where you get paid to do something, you wouldn't have your job much longer if you said you won't do it. Do you also think that Shogun should've had a higher ranked opponent than Vera after the Hendo fight?

And on a side note - why do you insist on taking a thread about any topic on the UG and then proceed to talk about nothing but Shogun?? We get it, we already know you are Thiaguy 2.0
You don't need to keep reminding us! :)
UFC fighters are not employees. They are contracted partners. Therein lies the difference - they work for themselves cos the UFC don't wanna pay the on-costs for employees Phone Post

Interesting point - but again, why would you contract somebody to do work for you when they don't want to do the work you ask them to do? I've used sub-contractors before and it's the same thing IMO - I've got a job for them to do, they do it. If they don't want to do it then I will find someone else who will. I can't really fault the UFC if they have a similar opinion.

Hey if I am not mistaken you are a fellow Aussie, right?
Correct, I'm an Aussie too bud :)

And I think the labour laws in Oz suck - penalize the employer and favor the employee. But I think the UFC uses its muscle to underpay their fighters and not reward them for stepping up a lot of the time. The guy (Michael Johnson?) who took a fight on short notice but couldn't make weight then got cut comes to mind. Phone Post

Anthony Johnson? Yea he actually missed weight repeatedly. and not a few pounds either. That was Ant's bad anhd really his only issue. He's a BEAST and probably one of the few ranked guys outside Zuffa. Dana has said he'll bring him back once he proves he can cut a few times. I think he moved up to LHW finally. Was trying to fight Welter originally and missed weight. Then went up to MW and still came heavy.

I think he might be referring to Damarques Johnson, he took the fight with Gunnar Nelson on short notice, missed weight for a catchweight fight and lost.
11/25/12 10:35 PM
JBASS
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SinCityHustler - 

Just wondering here, does Lorenzo or any of the other owners make any decisions at all?  Because Dana White is being hated on for all the decision HE makes.  He owns 9% of the company and has little formal business background to speak of.  Do you guys really believe that it is Dana White making the decisions? 

Dana White is a great front man.  He plays his roll perfectly.  He is entertaining and he gets the fan bois up in arms over every comment  he makes, which of course = more interest in his product.  But lets be honest here, Dana White wouldn't have any idea how to run a global company like the UFC if his life depended on it.  Some of you guys have him blamed for every fighter that is cut, all the pay rates, all the match making, the scheduling of # of pay per views and free shows, etc.  Too funny.  I can only hope that those taking that position on this thread are all still in high school but will wise up in a few years.  Sadly I know it is grown ups who still don't understand how any of it works.  

Dana White has been great for the UFC.  He has done a great job at taking all the shit and promoting the fights.  He's a cool guy in general and a pleasure to sit with and shoot the shit.  Very generous guy too.  He plays a very entertaining character and I'm glad UFC brass utilize his talents to the max.  I still wish they'd make the reality show about him and get rid of that abortion of a show, TUF.  

Good point there. I have heard before that he relays alot of the decisions to the public that the Fertitas make, I wouldn't be surprised if Dana didn't have that much say in many decisions - especially with only a 9% stake in the company. Legally, he pretty much has no say unless it is to break a tie in a decision from what I understand about stake-holdings in a company.

You're spot on about taking all the shit though, and he seems to cop alot of it. I am surprised he hasn't resigned due to his schedule and public nature of his position. Although there are certain things about Dana that irk me slightly, I can't help but respect him and what he has done for MMA.

People who dispute what the fighters are paid against what Dana bets/tips when he is out - have you ever thought that it is the Fertitas who determine what fighters get paid?
11/25/12 11:19 PM
Chris27

cjlom21 - Hey Chris fan boy, WTF would you know what the future UFC plans are moron?

How would you know if UFC had interest in putting UFC on Showtime, Its a pay channel, Something UFC obviously only cares about.

And to the dude who said its not my business on what he gambles or tips. No shit but it shows what kind of person he is.

AND WHO SAID AS A FORMER BOXER?

DANA WHITE IS NOT A FORMER BOXER U ABSOLUTE MORON. YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANY FIGHT OF HIM, AMATEUR OR PRO. HE TAUGHT BOXING LESSONS TO FEMALES IN A GYM.

My god, are you guys just getting into this sport.

And to the idiot who said stop watching UFC. I already did stop watching it along time ago. If i can win every single bet on every single fight, Its clearly a joke. Every judges decision is influenced by the odds and gambling. Look in history and you will see every bad decision had to do with the Vegas Odds and not wanting to pay out the underdog betters.

You guys have been trolled by DFW Jr. And where is that peasant Cindy O? to say some other dumb shit like she matters in the earth.

Dana white is a Promoter and USED to be a good one, now everyone is catching on to his trendy shit and losing most of its true fans. then all of you new fanboys will ditch UFC in few years.

Face it, UFC hit its peak a few years ago, and its only falling down. Its more of a FAD then a sport anymore, I just feel bad for the dudes who ruined there whole body training for something like this, LOL "UFC FIGHTING"

Cage Holding, Cage Lay n praying, Point fighting, Kinda sad that Johnny Hendricks KO or Cung Les KO you think was best thing ever. Please go watching a boxing fight and youll see same KO regularly. But because UFC is such crap now, your amazed by a simple finish with tiny gloves.

JDS will now run around in circles like he did vs Frank mir and be boring to.

UFC FIGHTING BRO. Its funny all the dudes with there little crap vote up, always have something trendy and Pro-ufc to say when any negativity comes there way. Such humor. Your mostly all brainless and brainwashed, and I feel bad for the crappy lives you live

Because dumb ass the UFC has an exclusive contract with Fox/FX/Fuel.

Please go away, you said you dont watch anymore so why the fuck are you here?

Take your troll account and go the fuck away.
11/25/12 11:31 PM
Chris27

cjlom21 - Chris it took me 8 hours to respond, it takes you 2 minutes to respond to something not all directed to you.

YOUR OBVIOSLY THE TROLL JOKE BOX, THIS IS MY ONLY ACCOUNT PUSS1e BOY, I speak the truth, You speak what you heard dana white say moron.

And I do watch some MMA, just not UFC because its a joke so I cant post here cause i dont watch UFC? Typical UFC fan boy

Go back to watching your UFC weigh-ins, bro

Wait so you didnt say this?

Hey Chris fan boy, WTF would you know what the future UFC plans are moron?

How would you know if UFC had interest in putting UFC on Showtime, Its a pay channel, Something UFC obviously only cares about.

I guess that wasnt directed at me.

Latter troll.
11/26/12 12:10 AM
dirtymfmoney

Love him Phone Post
11/26/12 3:58 AM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

Edited: 11/26/12 7:48 AM

Salient points cjlom21.

Although you'll get flamed for sounding drunk.
NHB is gone, on the big stage. The UFC should be sued ;-) for false advertising for calling it's brand "ultimate" when it's nothing of the sort.(Rorion will testify to that)
True masters of martial arts fall by the wayside trying to fit into the UFC pattern. martial arts is no longer celebrated.
It's cage fighting plain and simple. any pro sport drop out(Cody Mackenzie ) Can now be duped into spending his entire life doing nothing For pennies and personal pride. And millions of Americans hail Dana White as something special. He's nothing but a foul mouthed greedy promoter, celebrated because of a persona. He can't fight, he doesn't understand the nature of martial arts, and he is no business man by any means, otherwise he would have run the UFC into the ground.

Any man who has to negotiate their respect for the likes of Fedor, F.Shamrock, ect., has no business being mentioned in martial arts in my opinion. Dana White is glorified for "keeping it real", when he's " kept it stupid".
It boggles my mind why anyone looks up to this man. I liken it to Jews begging Hitler for flouridated water..

He deserves no more respect than that of which he gives. Phone Post

11/26/12 4:16 AM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

SinCityHustler brought up a good point though. Dana White gets credited for a lot of things(and punished) for things he had no control over.

That's what you get when you're the face of something though. I never watched WCW or wrestling, but I know who Vince McMahon is. And maybe 5 "pro" wrestlers. Tank Abbot and Ken Shamrock were my favorites ;-)

11/26/12 6:07 AM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

Edited: 11/26/12 7:49 AM

lol. 5 vd's for the truth huh ?       I was just keeping it real !

Danaground much ?

11/26/12 10:13 AM
lastcall
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have always been a fan
11/26/12 10:29 AM
Ghetto-Top-Team
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Under the gruff exterior, I think he really is a good guy and the sport would never be as big now without him. I think he's done ten times for MMA and the UFC what Lorenzo and Frank have done. 

11/26/12 12:29 PM
BubblesNS
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Passionate about the sport
A straight shooter when its convenient
A bit of a bully
Definitely in charge
Autocratic
From a business perspective he wants to give fans what they want
Occasionally admits when he's wrong, but is more likely to tell you to STFU.
He has a clear vision for the sport's growth

Is he the best man for the job? If not him who else? Phone Post
11/26/12 12:34 PM
BubblesNS
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cjlom21 - Hey Chris fan boy, WTF would you know what the future UFC plans are moron?

And to the dude who said its not my business on what he gambles or tips. No shit but it shows what kind of person he is.

AND WHO SAID AS A FORMER BOXER?

DANA WHITE IS NOT A FORMER BOXER U ABSOLUTE MORON. YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANY FIGHT OF HIM, AMATEUR OR PRO. HE TAUGHT BOXING LESSONS TO FEMALES IN A GYM.

My god, are you guys just getting into this sport.

And to the idiot who said stop watching UFC. I already did stop watching it along time ago. If i can win every single bet on every single fight, Its clearly a joke. Every judges decision is influenced by the odds and gambling. Look in history and you will see every bad decision had to do with the Vegas Odds and not wanting to pay out the underdog betters.

You guys have been trolled by DFW Jr. And where is that peasant Cindy O? to say some other dumb shit like she matters in the earth.

Dana white is a Promoter and USED to be a good one, now everyone is catching on to his trendy shit and losing most of its true fans. then all of you new fanboys will ditch UFC in few years.

Face it, UFC hit its peak a few years ago, and its only falling down. Its more of a FAD then a sport anymore, I just feel bad for the dudes who ruined there whole body training for something like this, LOL "UFC FIGHTING"

Cage Holding, Cage Lay n praying, Point fighting, Kinda sad that Johnny Hendricks KO or Cung Les KO you think was best thing ever. Please go watching a boxing fight and youll see same KO regularly. But because UFC is such crap now, your amazed by a simple finish with tiny gloves.

JDS will now run around in circles like he did vs Frank mir and be boring to.

UFC FIGHTING BRO. Its funny all the dudes with there little crap vote up, always have something trendy and Pro-ufc to say when any negativity comes there way. Such humor. Your mostly all brainless and brainwashed, and I feel bad for the crappy lives you live
Dude take it easy. Smoke a bowl and check your blood pressure. I can see you spitting all over your computer screen with rage. Phone Post
11/26/12 12:38 PM
lildragonof
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love blaf, he is very outspoken and doesn't give a shit and he helped our great sport to be where its at. Phone Post
11/26/12 2:02 PM
D241

cjlom21, chris27, and vitorsuckedbonestoes-

I value the different opinions you all have given in this thread. That being said, will each of you be so kind as to tell me what you agree, and disagree with, on my thoughts on him on page 1?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&quote=41947483&forum=1&thread=2089339&page=1#bottom

11/26/12 2:09 PM
Chris27

I agree with that D241 though I think people put too much blame and credit on him.

Fighters that get signed, cut, pay, Dana isnt the driving force in those decisions. Sure if Dana says sign a guy he will get signed but cuts, pay, TUF coaches, amount of events, where they go, sponsors they sign with, Thats not all Dana.

People seem to give him too much credit for the good, too much blame for the bad, no credit for the good, no blame for the bad. truth is in the middle.

And you value the shit cjlom21 was saying?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.