UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your honest opinions on DFW?

11/26/12 12:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BubblesNS
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cjlom21 - Hey Chris fan boy, WTF would you know what the future UFC plans are moron?

How would you know if UFC had interest in putting UFC on Showtime, Its a pay channel, Something UFC obviously only cares about.

And to the dude who said its not my business on what he gambles or tips. No shit but it shows what kind of person he is.

AND WHO SAID AS A FORMER BOXER?

DANA WHITE IS NOT A FORMER BOXER U ABSOLUTE MORON. YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANY FIGHT OF HIM, AMATEUR OR PRO. HE TAUGHT BOXING LESSONS TO FEMALES IN A GYM.

My god, are you guys just getting into this sport.

And to the idiot who said stop watching UFC. I already did stop watching it along time ago. If i can win every single bet on every single fight, Its clearly a joke. Every judges decision is influenced by the odds and gambling. Look in history and you will see every bad decision had to do with the Vegas Odds and not wanting to pay out the underdog betters.

You guys have been trolled by DFW Jr. And where is that peasant Cindy O? to say some other dumb shit like she matters in the earth.

Dana white is a Promoter and USED to be a good one, now everyone is catching on to his trendy shit and losing most of its true fans. then all of you new fanboys will ditch UFC in few years.

Face it, UFC hit its peak a few years ago, and its only falling down. Its more of a FAD then a sport anymore, I just feel bad for the dudes who ruined there whole body training for something like this, LOL "UFC FIGHTING"

Cage Holding, Cage Lay n praying, Point fighting, Kinda sad that Johnny Hendricks KO or Cung Les KO you think was best thing ever. Please go watching a boxing fight and youll see same KO regularly. But because UFC is such crap now, your amazed by a simple finish with tiny gloves.

JDS will now run around in circles like he did vs Frank mir and be boring to.

UFC FIGHTING BRO. Its funny all the dudes with there little crap vote up, always have something trendy and Pro-ufc to say when any negativity comes there way. Such humor. Your mostly all brainless and brainwashed, and I feel bad for the crappy lives you live
Dude take it easy. Smoke a bowl and check your blood pressure. I can see you spitting all over your computer screen with rage. Phone Post
11/26/12 12:38 PM
lildragonof
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love blaf, he is very outspoken and doesn't give a shit and he helped our great sport to be where its at. Phone Post
11/26/12 2:02 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cjlom21, chris27, and vitorsuckedbonestoes-

I value the different opinions you all have given in this thread. That being said, will each of you be so kind as to tell me what you agree, and disagree with, on my thoughts on him on page 1?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&quote=41947483&forum=1&thread=2089339&page=1#bottom

11/26/12 2:09 PM
Chris27

I agree with that D241 though I think people put too much blame and credit on him.

Fighters that get signed, cut, pay, Dana isnt the driving force in those decisions. Sure if Dana says sign a guy he will get signed but cuts, pay, TUF coaches, amount of events, where they go, sponsors they sign with, Thats not all Dana.

People seem to give him too much credit for the good, too much blame for the bad, no credit for the good, no blame for the bad. truth is in the middle.

And you value the shit cjlom21 was saying?
11/26/12 2:48 PM
le

Caught_clean - didnt read
. Phone Post
11/26/12 3:01 PM
D241

Chris27 - I agree with that D241 though I think people put too much blame and credit on him.

Fighters that get signed, cut, pay, Dana isnt the driving force in those decisions. Sure if Dana says sign a guy he will get signed but cuts, pay, TUF coaches, amount of events, where they go, sponsors they sign with, Thats not all Dana.

People seem to give him too much credit for the good, too much blame for the bad, no credit for the good, no blame for the bad. truth is in the middle.

And you value the shit cjlom21 was saying?

I value that he wasn't afraid to speak his mind on a subject where he more than likely would get flamed.

However, his rant on Joe Rogan is where he lost me. And then when he said UFC is trying to weasel their way into a showtime deal, that really made me scratch my head wondering how close this guy has been paying attention, if at all.

11/26/12 3:09 PM
Neil Funk

cjlom21 - and I disagree with him being a GREAT business man. I havent seen one UFC event since its been on FUEL tv. Who the FUCK has Fuel TV. LOL JOKE. Ill only watch UFC now if its on Fox/Fx. which is rarely/never. Great business decision.

I agree with this. I don't understand why Dana gets all this credit for being a great businessman.

He's certainly not a great businessman in the sense that he alienates fans and turns this many people off. I know that until he changes shit up or steps down/gets removed, I am saving $500 a year that used to be the UFC's. Money that could be used to pay fighters more money, the money they deserve.

I wish he would take a fight and see what these guys go through. Maybe he would show a little more respect to the fighters, approach his work with a little more humility.
11/26/12 3:57 PM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

irishman84 - 
VitorSuckedBonesToes - 

Salient points cjlom21.

Although you'll get flamed for sounding drunk.
NHB is gone, on the big stage. The UFC should be sued ;-) for false advertising for calling it's brand "ultimate" when it's nothing of the sort.(Rorion will testify to that)
True masters of martial arts fall by the wayside trying to fit into the UFC pattern. martial arts is no longer celebrated.
It's cage fighting plain and simple. any pro sport drop out(Cody Mackenzie ) Can now be duped into spending his entire life doing nothing For pennies and personal pride. And millions of Americans hail Dana White as something special. He's nothing but a foul mouthed greedy promoter, celebrated because of a persona. He can't fight, he doesn't understand the nature of martial arts, and he is no business man by any means, otherwise he would have run the UFC into the ground.

Any man who has to negotiate their respect for the likes of Fedor, F.Shamrock, ect., has no business being mentioned in martial arts in my opinion. Dana White is glorified for "keeping it real", when he's " kept it stupid".
It boggles my mind why anyone looks up to this man. I liken it to Jews begging Hitler for flouridated water..

He deserves no more respect than that of which he gives. Phone Post

agree with most everything here but it cracks me up hearing people talk about "traditional martial arts? What are we talking about here standing on cliffs practicing wing chun or whatever the fuck its called? Karate, Jeet kune do, Kung Fu? Those traditional martial arts are still alive and well... or at least the few techniques from each discipline that proved effective in real combat and got incorporated into the most comprehensive system of martial arts ever practiced. All the other crap SHOULD be abandoned. People talk about Bruce Lee like he was some god of combat and don't get me wrong, he obviously was an exceptional athlete, dedicated martial artist, and significant influence on our generation in terms of promoting MAs, but aside from advocating a less rigorous adherence to the traditional dogma, his role in the progression of martial arts from impractical, untested, and largely obscure theatrics to complete, yet ever evolving and mainstream combat system was limited. Not all the traditional martial arts were pageantry and even those that were had techniques that have proven effective, but i really don't get this regressive mentality that longs for "the good old days" of standing on one foot with incense burning breaking boards. I can see the argument for the importance of maintaining some of the more "spiritual" martial arts training but even there, isn't it possible/ probable that progress/ improvement has resulted in that area as well...with ACTUAL FIGHTING i mean?

Good stuff. After all, it's the Ultimate FIGHTING championship we're talking about, not Karate tournaments.

The problem is the direction Zuffa took with the athletic commisions, which history shows were working hand in hand for sanctioning. And even more than that, judging, which Zuffa absolutely controls. But they dug their own grave, and are faulting Greg Jackson and the like, PUBLICLY, when the reward is contracts for WINNING, which he teaches his fighters to do in the ruleset provided. Then Dana walks in to a TUF house and tells the guys to be more exciting.(while the mohawks bow down, I'm sure HEAVILY edited to portray Dana's God like stature LOL).

BTW, MUCH props to the guy that stood up and spoke against him. THAT"S a man.

As far as martial arts, jiu-jitsu for instance, not able to be FULLY displayed by masters due to idiotic know nothing fans booing for their lack of knowledge as to what's occuring. Then comes the standup(which IS needed at times).

No budo, is my issue. They've catered to the lowest common denominator, and in many instances that's what they're getting. Then they cry about it when it's not exciting or guys don't take fights.

Again, Dana directly isn't responsible for many things, but he is responsible for what comes out of his mouth. So by design if the UFC is successful he gets the blame, and if it's not he takes the fall. A guy like Scotty Coker is what the UFC needs as it's mouthpiece. Honor, respect, and carefully chosen words as to not degradate fighters or coaches for working within the parameters Zuffa itself has outlined.

I haven't slept for days so I'll elaborate more when my brain is screwed on...

11/26/12 4:01 PM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

And bashing Fedor for any reason shows true colors. That, along with past Militech issues, Frank and Ken, threatening to fire Anderson publicly, and on and on and on and on and on and on.

11/26/12 4:18 PM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

D241 - 

cjlom21, chris27, and vitorsuckedbonestoes-

I value the different opinions you all have given in this thread. That being said, will each of you be so kind as to tell me what you agree, and disagree with, on my thoughts on him on page 1?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&quote=41947483&forum=1&thread=2089339&page=1#bottom

The only thing I disagree with is that he is overly glorified for his accomplishments. There was however a time when I really liked him, and his dedication. I would watch every interview and even call friends and have them change the channel because he was on.

However, as his mother has stated with perfection, his ego got WAY to big, and his bashing of fighters is completely unacceptable. When his chest got bigger(^^) so did his mouth, and he took what could've been viewed as an honorable sport and has given it, to some degree, a childish reputation. Opposed to a classy one, which many of us hoped for, and thought that's the direction it was taking.

Clearly within a couple years there was a DRASTIC change in tone and temperment from the man.

So I disagree that he is an outstanding individual. All the attributes that in the public eye seem admirable, are not uncommon at all. In short, he was good in the beginning, and bad for the last several years.

Everyone on this board is passionate about fighting, and despite what many think regarding ones abilities to "move the sport forward", I'm 110% sure there are a thousand members on this board alone that could do his job better, whether they believe it or not. Because passion drives people to succeed, and he has no more than thousands on this board alone. Too many are selling themselves short.

The only thing he does better than anyone else, is be himself.

11/26/12 5:44 PM
D241

cjlom21-

I'm 33yrs old. Been watching mma since the first UFC's. 

As I stated on the first page, there are many things that I disagree with Dana on. I feel he's made some bad decisions, and I feel he's made bad decisions that were bad for us the fans, however not necisarily bad for business.

Now I just wanted to get that out the way so that you will know you are talking to a grown, mature adult. That being said, do you realize how crazy you are coming off right now?  Seriously, you think you're the only one who has a problem with some past decision making of Dana/Zuffa?  You're not, however you certainly are putting in A LOT of time, and anger, in this thread.

How old are you? What gives you the right to say that you are right, and anyone who disagrees is just lying to themselves? I respect peoples opinion on both sides and why they would think that way. What I don't understand, is why someone who calls themselves an adult, still says your when you mean you are(you're), and you are seemingly throwing a hissy fit out of nowhere.  How old are you-for real?

11/27/12 6:46 PM
Chris27

cjlom21 - 
VitorSuckedBonesToes - 

Salient points cjlom21.

Although you'll get flamed for sounding drunk.
NHB is gone, on the big stage. The UFC should be sued ;-) for false advertising for calling it's brand "ultimate" when it's nothing of the sort.(Rorion will testify to that)
True masters of martial arts fall by the wayside trying to fit into the UFC pattern. martial arts is no longer celebrated.
It's cage fighting plain and simple. any pro sport drop out(Cody Mackenzie ) Can now be duped into spending his entire life doing nothing For pennies and personal pride. And millions of Americans hail Dana White as something special. He's nothing but a foul mouthed greedy promoter, celebrated because of a persona. He can't fight, he doesn't understand the nature of martial arts, and he is no business man by any means, otherwise he would have run the UFC into the ground.

Any man who has to negotiate their respect for the likes of Fedor, F.Shamrock, ect., has no business being mentioned in martial arts in my opinion. Dana White is glorified for "keeping it real", when he's " kept it stupid".
It boggles my mind why anyone looks up to this man. I liken it to Jews begging Hitler for flouridated water..

He deserves no more respect than that of which he gives. Phone Post

Heres the thing man, I dont care if my account gets banned for months like usual for speaking the truth, I dont get care if i get flamed by a bunch of UFC fanboys that are cowards in real life and what we call in the real world..Losers.

Im still laughing at the kids saying "what does Melendez and Rockhold have to gain by fighting in SF" Its called gaining respect you morons. When did these people care about what is TO GAIN for a fighter, we watch fights to watch FIGHTS. to see entertaining fights like Melendez try to stop Healy grind game, or Rockhold get knocked out cold by Larkin. but we dont see this cause its all MTV'ed up now and about building a name that will get tossed down the toilet faster then you'll ever know.

The bottom line is if you sell your soul to disrespect Fedor, the true pioneer of MMA for fighters to step up and fight seeing a undersized man absolute dominate any size with his mind and heart, then you'll sell your soul for anything.

UFC should just admit ITS ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS, like ESPN admits they mostly care about whats popular. but UFC pretends to act like its about the sport, but they only care about getting more viewers, to get more fanboys, and trick there little novice minds like 90 percent of the UG.

Its truely sad you guys cant voice a non-bias opinion about fighting without it coming back to something Dana White said in a videoblog or said in a press conference. Absolute COMEDY to anyone with a mind.

And to the kid who said smoke a bowl, I used to smoke 20 bowls of best pot ever a day. I live the high life. but i gave up the bud 4 months ago. Prob the reason im voicing the truth here. usually id just get stoned and laugh at you morons.

Have a good day Peasants

This is def the type of kid who in high school you'd sell him a 20 sack of oregano and he comes back the next day telling you how great the shit was and how fucked up he got.

Live the high life? What are you 12?
11/27/12 6:52 PM
Chris27

Neil Funk - 
cjlom21 - and I disagree with him being a GREAT business man. I havent seen one UFC event since its been on FUEL tv. Who the FUCK has Fuel TV. LOL JOKE. Ill only watch UFC now if its on Fox/Fx. which is rarely/never. Great business decision.

I agree with this. I don't understand why Dana gets all this credit for being a great businessman.

He's certainly not a great businessman in the sense that he alienates fans and turns this many people off. I know that until he changes shit up or steps down/gets removed, I am saving $500 a year that used to be the UFC's. Money that could be used to pay fighters more money, the money they deserve.

I wish he would take a fight and see what these guys go through. Maybe he would show a little more respect to the fighters, approach his work with a little more humility.

see I dont get that. If you dont want to buy PPV thats fine, you cant afford it, dont want to spend money etc. But you wont buy PPV because you dont like Dana White?

Thats like me saying I dont like the pres of the Yankees so I will never buy a ticket to a Yankee game.

Sorry I love the Yankees, I love baseball, I support my team, the sport and the players, could give a flying fuck what the Pres or the owners say, do, think etc.

That sounds like a bullshit excuse to me, if you dont buy PPV and stream them cause you dont want to pay thats cool but if you really dont buy PPV because you dont like Dana thats some gay ass shit.
11/27/12 7:02 PM
CindyO

Chris27 - 
Neil Funk - 

see I dont get that. If you dont want to buy PPV thats fine, you cant afford it, dont want to spend money etc. But you wont buy PPV because you dont like Dana White?

Thats like me saying I dont like the pres of the Yankees so I will never buy a ticket to a Yankee game.

Sorry I love the Yankees, I love baseball, I support my team, the sport and the players, could give a flying fuck what the Pres or the owners say, do, think etc.

That sounds like a bullshit excuse to me, if you dont buy PPV and stream them cause you dont want to pay thats cool but if you really dont buy PPV because you dont like Dana thats some gay ass shit.

Your common sense and logic have no place here, Chris!

Cindy

11/27/12 10:05 PM
GladiatorGannon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC should just admit ITS ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS, like ESPN admits they mostly care about whats popular. but UFC pretends to act like its about the sport, but they only care about getting more viewers, to get more fanboys....

Which in turn grows the sport. So much for not caring about the sport.
11/28/12 4:57 AM
JBASS
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  Ok it's official, I got troll fucked by WWETopTeam about 8x in this thread.

Well played sir Phone Post

You should VTFU for biting, it's the only fair thing to do :P
11/28/12 9:16 AM
BearsDownAzzUp
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he runs the show like a true BOSS. period.

he can get a little whiny at time though. But overall he seems like a stand up guy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.