UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Vacationing with Fam in Oahu in around a week,,TME

11/15/12 1:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mclay
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fill me in on the cool snorkeling spots, eats, luau etc;!! Good loco moco??

C'mon OG Hawaii...come through for me!!

Staying in Waikiki but renting a car..

Thanks in advance.. Phone Post
11/15/12 1:52 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

go luau down makaha/waianae side!!!! tell em ufayafakalykgo!! youll get all you can eat! have fun!

11/15/12 3:19 AM
FCTV808
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

snorkling: eastside molokai. make sure to have a long stringer of fish.
11/15/12 4:50 AM
Matt Phillips
822 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know about all that, but the best loco moco I have had yet is from the Pineapple Room at Ala Moana. The quest for the holy grail of loco moco's is not over yet though.

Staying at a good hotel?

11/15/12 6:58 AM
mclay
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -

I dont know about all that, but the best loco moco I have had yet is from the Pineapple Room at Ala Moana. The quest for the holy grail of loco moco's is not over yet though.

Staying at a good hotel?

Not really, but it seems like a good location across from Cheesecake Factory and next to the marketplace...think it's the Beachcomber. Phone Post
11/15/12 6:59 AM
mclay

FCTV808 - snorkling: eastside molokai. make sure to have a long stringer of fish.
Is that on Oahu? Phone Post
11/15/12 1:57 PM
alewaboy52
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just go to all the places youve seen on foodnetwork, between that, the hotel and the fact you'll probably go to the chessecake factory 6 times cause everyone who stays in waikiki does you should have your food covered
11/15/12 3:14 PM
tjmitch
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A local custom you need to know is about the importance of eye contact.

If you think someone is making eye contact with you DO NOT look away! This is very disrespectful. You should make and maintain eye contact, it is a sign of respect.

Also, if you have never tried to surf, now is the time to learn! And the local love a 'can do' attitude, so try to catch as many waves as you can.
11/15/12 4:47 PM
mclay

tjmitch - A local custom you need to know is about the importance of eye contact.

If you think someone is making eye contact with you DO NOT look away! This is very disrespectful. You should make and maintain eye contact, it is a sign of respect.

Also, if you have never tried to surf, now is the time to learn! And the local love a 'can do' attitude, so try to catch as many waves as you can.
You tryna get me beat down huh? Phone Post
11/15/12 4:49 PM
mclay

alewaboy52 - just go to all the places youve seen on foodnetwork, between that, the hotel and the fact you'll probably go to the chessecake factory 6 times cause everyone who stays in waikiki does you should have your food covered
Well there's a Cheesecake Factory where I live so it's not high priority. I will go once I'm sure.

Looking for a solid plate lunch and luau... Phone Post
11/15/12 5:36 PM
tjmitch
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can walk to rainbows for a plate lunch.
11/15/12 5:41 PM
mclay

tjmitch - You can walk to rainbows for a plate lunch.
This place?

Never been but if it's good I'm there! Phone Post
11/15/12 8:27 PM
surf2live
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

49er's in Aiea has a good loco moco as well as decent Saimin
11/15/12 9:26 PM
mclay

surf2live - 49er's in Aiea has a good loco moco as well as decent Saimin
Is that near the stadium? I'll check it out if I go to the flea market....trying to remember what days that's on??

Recommend a good luau! Or are they all fake?? Phone Post
11/15/12 10:23 PM
WillyMaunawili
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mclay -
surf2live - 49er's in Aiea has a good loco moco as well as decent Saimin
Is that near the stadium? I'll check it out if I go to the flea market....trying to remember what days that's on??

Recommend a good luau! Or are they all fake?? Phone Post
Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday Phone Post
11/15/12 10:26 PM
WillyMaunawili
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For plate lunches I'd also recommend The Kitchen in the University area, and Monarchs and Pongo's in Kalihi... Phone Post
11/15/12 10:31 PM
mclay

WillyMaunawili - For plate lunches I'd also recommend The Kitchen in the University area, and Monarchs and Pongo's in Kalihi... Phone Post
Thanks for the info!

VTFU plus 3 Phone Post
11/15/12 10:52 PM
WillyMaunawili

Right on mclay, thanks man!

Hope you and the fam have an awesome vaca!

If u need anymore recs, let me/us know... Phone Post
11/15/12 11:08 PM
FCTV808
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WillyMaunawili -  For plate lunches I'd also recommend The Kitchen in the University area, and Monarchs and Pongo's in Kalihi... Phone Post

If u do go to da kitchen u tell that sexy cary anne moss lookalike owner mariah that mark from monster sent u and says hi! ;)
11/15/12 11:29 PM
mclay

FCTV808 -
WillyMaunawili -  For plate lunches I'd also recommend The Kitchen in the University area, and Monarchs and Pongo's in Kalihi... Phone Post

If u do go to da kitchen u tell that sexy cary anne moss lookalike owner mariah that mark from monster sent u and says hi! ;)
What street is this on?? Trying to find on yelp.

If I go I will tell her!! Serious! Phone Post
11/16/12 3:40 AM
FCTV808

isenberg st
11/16/12 6:57 AM
JIMMYNAKS
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you've never been to Hawaii then go to Zippy's at least once to say you did. Get the chili.

Leonard's malasadas on Kapahulu Ave for desserts.

McCully Shopping center, 2nd floor all the way on the left for some good Ramen noodles.

Blazin Steaks on Atkinson / Kapiolani across the Convention Center. Thank me later.
Tell Keoni ( looks for the mangled ears) that the HG sent you.

JJ Dolans in Chinatown for Pizza.

Enjoy your trip. Phone Post
11/16/12 6:57 AM
JIMMYNAKS
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 for Rainbows mix plate special Phone Post
11/16/12 7:46 AM
mclay

FCTV808 - isenberg st
Phone Post
11/16/12 7:52 AM
mclay

FCTV808 - isenberg st
Thx!

VTFU plus 3 Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.