UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Vacationing with Fam in Oahu in around a week,,TME

11/19/12 12:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mclay
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

surf2live - Anything under 3 ft will be fine at Sharks Cove. Bigger and the waves and current can get sketchy if you aren't a strong swimmer Phone Post
Isn't there a shallow side on the left? It's kind of protected by rock... Phone Post
11/19/12 8:29 PM
surf2live
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a little protected side but still anything bigger than 3 ft or so will make snorkeling not so fun. Just go to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling, its closer to Waikiki and for the most part you can go just about every day that it is open and not have to worry too much.
11/20/12 12:04 AM
mclay
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

surf2live - There is a little protected side but still anything bigger than 3 ft or so will make snorkeling not so fun. Just go to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling, its closer to Waikiki and for the most part you can go just about every day that it is open and not have to worry too much.
Cool thanks for the info...if I decide to go I will check the surf report.. Phone Post
11/20/12 3:08 AM
Matt Phillips
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mclay - 
surf2live - There is a little protected side but still anything bigger than 3 ft or so will make snorkeling not so fun. Just go to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling, its closer to Waikiki and for the most part you can go just about every day that it is open and not have to worry too much.
Cool thanks for the info...if I decide to go I will check the surf report.. Phone Post

Last time I went to Hanauma Bay, the left hand side was the best for snorkeling. It was deeper and much more fish/turtles over there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.