UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> FX: TUF move to Wed is 'highly unlikely'

11/15/12 10:42 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Officials from FX are denying an official decision that TUF will be moving to Wednesday in early 2013.

"FX has not announced the official date or night that the next installment of TUF will air, however, it is highly unlikely it will air Wednesday nights," wrote Dominic Pagone, the Vice President of Media Relations of FX in a message to MMAFighting.com. "The official announcement will be coming in the next two or three weeks."

Before making the move to FX earlier this year, Ultimate Fighter had built up a steady audience that usually hovered between 1.2 million and 1.6 million viewers in a Wednesday night time 10 p.m. time slot on Spike TV. This current season, airing on Friday nights at 10 p.m. on the significantly higher rated FX, the show has ranged between 624,000 and 1.06 million viewers.

Read entire article...

11/15/12 11:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hong Kong Phooey
968 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

competing with shark tank and bellator is nut gud

11/15/12 11:06 AM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So ... they are not announcing TUF will change to Wednesday nights but they will announce it is changing to another night in 2-3 weeks?

These execs with their non-denial denials, double-speak and spins. Why can't anyone just be straight anymore?
11/15/12 11:06 AM
Card
2123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like FX want to be the ones that announce it.

11/15/12 11:08 AM
AllAmericanBoxing
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monday than. Phone Post
11/15/12 11:09 AM
AllAmericanBoxing
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericanBoxing - Monday than. Phone Post
Nvm. They'd be fucked during football season. Phone Post
11/15/12 11:12 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/12 11:12 AM
Card - 

Sounds like FX want to be the ones that announce it.

This. UFC wants Wednesday to try and counter Bellator/Spike. It is selfish and not the best idea. Let the TV experts make that decision Zuffa. Tuesday or Thursday is my guess.

11/15/12 11:16 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 11/15/12 11:22 AM

monday nights are a no go because of the wwe (airs til 11pm) and football.  tuesday you got justified at 10pm.  thursdays you got the comedy line up (archer, etc...)  wednesday is the only night.

the problem is FX is also debuting a new series called "the americans"... if that takes the wednesday 10pm timeslot the UFC is screwed.  That means they will either get monday's 10pm or an 11pm timeslot on tuesday or wednesday.

monday is a no go.  they wouldnt move them from fridays to mondays going up against football and wwe raw would be just as bad.

it coud mean tuf is stuck with an 11pm timeslot... it's not the worst thing in the world...  Justified pulls great ratings... "the americans" we have no clue what that's gonna do. but 11pm is not primetime.

would FX place "the americans" on mondays so tuf could have wednesdays? 

11/15/12 11:19 AM
MMALOGIC

kevsh - So ... they are not announcing TUF will change to Wednesday nights but they will announce it is changing to another night in 2-3 weeks?

These execs with their non-denial denials, double-speak and spins. Why can't anyone just be straight anymore?

they are screwing with spike.  They know spike wants to lead into tuf with their live bellator events. if they keep them guessing it's harder to secure venues and dates for their events.

11/15/12 11:19 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericanBoxing -
AllAmericanBoxing - Monday than. Phone Post
Nvm. They'd be fucked during football season. Phone Post
NFL season will be done during next tuf Phone Post
11/15/12 11:53 AM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt

MMALOGIC - 
kevsh - So ... they are not announcing TUF will change to Wednesday nights but they will announce it is changing to another night in 2-3 weeks?

they are screwing with spike.  They know spike wants to lead into tuf with their live bellator events. if they keep them guessing it's harder to secure venues and dates for their events.

sounds plausible. When it comes to this topic you always have the right answer!
11/15/12 12:00 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

monday nights are a no go because of the wwe (airs til 11pm) and football.  tuesday you got justified at 10pm.  thursdays you got the comedy line up (archer, etc...)  wednesday is the only night.

the problem is FX is also debuting a new series called "the americans"... if that takes the wednesday 10pm timeslot the UFC is screwed.  That means they will either get monday's 10pm or an 11pm timeslot on tuesday or wednesday.

monday is a no go.  they wouldnt move them from fridays to mondays going up against football and wwe raw would be just as bad.

it coud mean tuf is stuck with an 11pm timeslot... it's not the worst thing in the world...  Justified pulls great ratings... "the americans" we have no clue what that's gonna do. but 11pm is not primetime.

would FX place "the americans" on mondays so tuf could have wednesdays? 

Monday Night Football will be done before Christmas so that's not an issue.
11/15/12 12:19 PM
The Elastic Assassin
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't watch for 2 reasons.....i tried to dvr it when it first went live on fridays.....it wouldn;t record...fuck it...

live seemed stupid anyway.....

and its on fucking friday....fuck that...
11/15/12 5:37 PM
Neil Funk

They really better up the production quality if they want the prime spot. This season has been abysmal.

I love watching the young fighters coming up, but not the tatted up garbage they have been shoving down our throats. Start upping the level of content instead of resorting to the cheap tantrums. FX probably watches this show and thinks "look at these fuckin' idiots. We're supposed to give them a prime spot with this garbage?"

Dana, get on the fucking ball and up the level of your programming before you fuck this thing all up.
11/15/12 5:47 PM
yellow wrkahlc

The Elastic Assassin - i don't watch for 2 reasons.....i tried to dvr it when it first went live on fridays.....it wouldn;t record...fuck it...

Lazy.

11/15/12 6:45 PM
The Elastic Assassin
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 
The Elastic Assassin - i don't watch for 2 reasons.....i tried to dvr it when it first went live on fridays.....it wouldn;t record...fuck it...

Lazy.

there's a little bit of that....but when i get off of a road trip my dvr is full....so i have to be selective....becasue of the pain in the ass to record it, it was the first to go...
11/15/12 7:18 PM
Chris27

I think tues at 11pm would be the better day, you follow up Justified and Sons of anarchy, both do like 3 to 5 million viewers each week for those shows, following them at 11pm they would easily do 1.5 mill per episode or more. Shit they are bouncing back this season doing around a mill on Fridays with a weak season.

They might want to go with that 10pm slot on Mondays consider Football would be over by then but WWE does 4.5 mill viewers each week, they might not want to go against that.

Its def gonna be Mond/Tues/Wed, either Monday at 10 or Tues/Wed at 11pm.

11/15/12 7:44 PM
Argo

No. This was the exec's way of telling Dana to keep his big unprofessional mouth shut.
11/15/12 7:46 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 11/16/12 3:56 AM

^ the problem is sons of anarchy repeat at 11pm pulls better numbers than what tuf used to pull on spike's 10pm wednesday timeslot.  I doubt FX gives the tuesday 11pm slot to tuf.

Zuffa better pray that FX debuts "the americans" on sunday night 10pm.  if the UFC doesnt get the wednesday 10pm time slot they are likely back to square one with similar problems that friday night caused.

if not 10pm, they are looking at a wednesday 9pm timeslot which even though it's not as bad as friday nights it hurt the numbers  when spike tried it out.  or you have wednesday at 11pm which is not primetime.

Wednesday night is the only viable option for the UFC and FX... the question is what time will it air.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.