UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> my old MMA pictures (2001 era)

11/15/12 2:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crowbar
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is none other than Chuck Liddell`s brother Sean Liddell.

11/15/12 2:44 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
671 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www2.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/1/1122.jpg

11/15/12 2:45 PM
Tyson86
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
HaoleBoy - Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Is that Joe Son? Phone Post

That's Eric Pele. Joe Son is like 5'4.
11/15/12 2:50 PM
cool hand Ed
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit.

Great pics. Great memories.

Thanks dude. VU
11/15/12 2:50 PM
The Real Asian Cowboy
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember when MMA fighters were so accessible and easy to get a picture with. I have old Kodak's of a lot of teh same fighters back in 2001. Good stuff.

And

RIP Shelby Girl. Good photo of her.
11/15/12 2:59 PM
Old Feller
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Real Asian Cowboy - I remember when MMA fighters were so accessible and easy to get a picture with. I have old Kodak's of a lot of teh same fighters back in 2001. Good stuff.

And

RIP Shelby Girl. Good photo of her.

Good days.

I think some of these identity guesses are trolling.

11/15/12 3:00 PM
Submissable
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HaoleBoy - not one - but TWO pics!

with the Baby Face Assassin

*does this mean we are bros?*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

HAHA! Great pic. Did you do the point at the camera pose because you remembered he did it in the first pic? Very cool, you two switched roles. VTFU!

11/15/12 3:04 PM
Hemlock
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HaoleBoy - anyone recognize the ref?

I am not being mean or trying to start shit when I say this, but WOW does he ever look a lot like Anders Breivik
11/15/12 3:09 PM
HaoleBoy
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did do the point at the camera thing because he did it in the first pic

LOL

I told you guys up front I am a fan boy

and no one is guessing the ref?

I told you wrong his nickname is "The Saint"
11/15/12 3:15 PM
crowbar
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to see Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert involved in MMA.

11/15/12 3:18 PM
G-Hands
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EPIC JORTS on Josh Barnett in that pic. He just turned 35 last Saturday.

Man... those guys look young in those pics. This past decade has just flow by!

Great pics.
11/15/12 3:21 PM
HaoleBoy
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for the Hook and Shoot heavy weight championship

name both fighters and tell me who won? (with out looking)

11/15/12 3:27 PM
HaoleBoy

thanks again for the vote ups!

a few more to come
11/15/12 3:34 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Epic thread is Epic. I voted up the Op without even looking at the pictures, I just knew it was going to be great. I was right.

Erik Pele-thanks for posting that picture I actually just yesterday noticed his name and was curious. I noticed he was the first guy to hand Bigfoot Silva his loss. He's actually been in there with some big(older) names. I'd like to see that fight.

Also, for the dude who posted the wfa fight card-WOW, I'll have to go back and watch that I had no idea so many great fights on that card. I only remember Rampage/Lindland final fight.

11/15/12 3:35 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
671 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ian Freeman

11/15/12 3:36 PM
Hong Kong Phooey

D241 - 

Epic thread is Epic. I voted up the Op without even looking at the pictures, I just knew it was going to be great. I was right.

Erik Pele-thanks for posting that picture I actually just yesterday noticed his name and was curious. I noticed he was the first guy to hand Bigfoot Silva his loss. He's actually been in there with some big(older) names. I'd like to see that fight.

Also, for the dude who posted the wfa fight card-WOW, I'll have to go back and watch that I had no idea so many great fights on that card. I only remember Rampage/Lindland final fight.

what dude ?

11/15/12 3:53 PM
mastertahj
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shonie 'Mr.International' Carter. FTW. Phone Post
11/15/12 3:58 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Submissable -
HaoleBoy - not one - but TWO pics!

with the Baby Face Assassin

*does this mean we are bros?*

HAHA! Great pic. Did you do the point at the camera pose because you remembered he did it in the first pic? Very cool, you two switched roles. VTFU!

These. Are. Awesome!

I'm actually quite jealous you have met Josh Barnett - one of my favourite fighters ever - not once, but twice!

Great pictures :) Phone Post
11/15/12 4:12 PM
HaoleBoy

this is how great Hook and Shoot was (Jeff Osborne)
back in the day

Jeff promoted womens MMA and Josh Barnett had a fighter there (his girlfriend at the time??? not sure)

Jeff Osborne also had an event that spread over two days (if I remember correctly)

he also did a few submission tag team matches (and those were a crowd favorite)

Jeff would always let me get front row seats and you could go up and meet everyone

I have also been a gatekeeper for a Chas Bowling cage fight and an announcer for a Phil Jons show

in case anyone is wondering why I have an Integrated fighting t-shirt - Big Mike Camp was nice enough to give me one - this was back when it was Jeremy "lighting" Bolt - Jason Godsey - Leo Sylvest - and of course an up and coming guy by the name of Chris Lytle

I told this story before

I sat next to Mike Brown after his lost to Hermes France - at Hook and Shoot

after you fought you could come out and sit and watch the rest of the fights- Mike was with Massachusetts Submission Academy (Keith Rockels camp) - Noted UG poster Jim DeSouza was also there

I remember telling Mike Brown that I thought he was a good fighter but those Brazilian guys are good on the ground LOL!

he lost to a triangle if memory serves me well

Jeff Osborne will never get the credit he deserves - the match making and SHOOTO fights were world class - and all this went down in Evansville Indiana
11/15/12 4:12 PM
HaoleBoy

Edited: 11/15/12 4:14 PM
double post
11/15/12 4:18 PM
CrocopPleaseRetire
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome post!!! Phone Post
11/15/12 4:19 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My bad Hong Kong Phooey.  Thanks though b/c I'm going to try to find that event. I think I have it or used to have it, but I'm sure I can find it online. 

Crowbar, I'm impressed man. You might be one of the few people here who has a considerate more mma history knowledge than myself. Props.

11/15/12 4:21 PM
HaoleBoy

your winner

Ian "THE MACHINE" Freeman

after this Ian Freeman went to the UFC and fought Andre Arlovski and Frank Mir

11/15/12 4:25 PM
crowbar

Nah,not even close,but I certainly appreciate the kind sentiments.

Thank you very much.

11/15/12 4:28 PM
crowbar

Edited: 11/15/12 4:28 PM

Trivia,

Who else has Machine tattoo`ed on their body?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.