UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW sees GSP Silva superfight in May

11/15/12 12:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC Middleweight Anderson Silva recently said he does not want to fight until late in 2013. In a recent interview on ESPN's Sports Center, UFC President Dana White believes Silva will have a superfight with UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre (if GSP beats Carlos Condit Saturday night), well before then.

"Anderson Silva will be there this Saturday watching, and if (St-Pierre) wins it'll be a huge fight for us," said White. "It'll probably be the biggest fight in UFC history. It'll definitely be the biggest gate. We've done (55,000) up in Toronto with Georges before. We've had big gates pretty much everywhere we've gone, but this one would be either a soccer stadium down in Brazil, Dallas' Texas Stadium, or we'd do Toronto again."

White said if GSP wins, he expected Silva would enter the Octagon and challenge the Canadian, but Silva said he wouldn't. "It is not my character to step in there and call somebody out," said Silva. "So I think this won’t happen. I fact I don’t just think, I am sure!”

White was not so sure, and he even named a month for the superfight.

"He said he wouldn't fight Chael Sonnen again either, but he did," White said. "He always comes out and says this stuff. I don't know why he does it or why he says the things he says. I guarantee you, he will be there Saturday. If Georges St-Pierre wins, those two will fight and it'll probably be in May."

Read entire article...

11/15/12 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always a step behind "Card". He even posted pictures and links faster...lol

Too slow :)

11/15/12 12:13 PM
Card
1799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Video - http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8635182

11/15/12 12:19 PM
nomoRomophobia
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rather see Jones/Anderson.

I don't see GSP beating Anderson.

11/15/12 12:23 PM
Sofa King Cool
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh.

Rather see Jones/Anderson. Phone Post
11/15/12 12:51 PM
crazyea
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know he was poked in the eye, but if the GSP that fought against Shields shows up to this fight with the sloppy overhand rights, he will get lit up. It wont even be close. Mind you it is hard to guage as Shields is a very awkward striker and Anderson isnt, but I cant see a single punch hurting Anderson either.

11/15/12 12:52 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

Either Jones/Anderson or JDS/Jones. Phone Post
11/15/12 12:53 PM
MixedMartialTart

How can people 'meh' this fight. Before Jones came on the scene it was all anyone wanted. People have short memories and have forgot about gsp given his time off. Out of sight out ofn mind Phone Post
11/15/12 12:56 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

MixedMartialTart -  How can people 'meh' this fight. Before Jones came on the scene it was all anyone wanted. People have short memories and have forgot about gsp given his time off. Out of sight out ofn mind Phone Post

That or f00bs who weren't even around when the hype/trash talking between the fans started. I don't see Jones/Anderson happening for at least 8 months, so this fight is the next best one for Andy imho.

11/15/12 12:56 PM
SugaFoot
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge story!! Voted up

11/15/12 12:58 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why does he insist that the fans want this fight..He's cramming it down our throat...

DANA?!?! WHY?!?!

We want Jones/Silva.....Jones/JDS...

that fight is lame and it's a bully fight
11/15/12 1:01 PM
Nucky

What if Condit KO's GSP then who's gonna be dieing to see GSP vs Anderson over Jones vs ANderson?

11/15/12 1:02 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

cheesesteak - why does he insist that the fans want this fight..He's cramming it down our throat...

DANA?!?! WHY?!?!

We want Jones/Silva.....Jones/JDS...

that fight is lame and it's a bully fight

Jones/Silva seems unreachable for the time being. At least until after TUF filming and the finale. Then they have to make sure Bones is healthy after that fight in late April. Realistic that it couldn't happen until late 2013.

Why would you NOT want this fight in the mean time?

Do you honestly think anyone at MW stands a better chance against Andy then GSP does at a catch weight? I don't.

11/15/12 1:03 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Nucky - 

What if Condit KO's GSP then who's gonna be dieing to see GSP vs Anderson over Jones vs ANderson?

Probably no one. Let's see what Saturday brings. Dana seems to only be talking about this fight IF GSP wins.

11/15/12 1:09 PM
GelderdEnd

MixedMartialTart - How can people 'meh' this fight. Before Jones came on the scene it was all anyone wanted. People have short memories and have forgot about gsp given his time off. Out of sight out ofn mind Phone Post
Was just about to post exactly this....it sounds ridiculous when people say they don't want to see it Phone Post
11/15/12 1:10 PM
Ip Man 81

There is only ONE superfight to make at this point, and that is GSP/Silva......Silva/Jones on the other hand is a....megafight!!........also...why are ppl calling for JDS/Jones do soon? There is absolutely no way that's a winnable fight for Jon Jones right now. A few years from now then that's a different story, when he's got a few more miles on him. Phone Post
11/15/12 1:11 PM
epwar
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not expecting a Condit win.  Any time Dana tries to plan/hope for something, it blows up (like Brock on TUF then fighting JDS or Overeem vs. JDS).

11/15/12 1:16 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you guys not see Dana's logic here? Anderson is the key in these two superfights as he's the only one that can fight both fighters.

Why have one superfight when you can have two? I firmly believe that if he fights and beats GSP, that'll set up a Jones-Silva fight with even more buzz than it would have had Anderson not fought GSP.

Having said that I do kind of agree that it is a bully fight, Anderson just dwarfs GSP. If GSP was the same size as Anderson I think this would be an extremely competitive fight and I might actually give the edge to Georges, but the size discrepancy is way too much. Anderson beats GSP 8/10 times.
11/15/12 1:17 PM
dannyglover

Jones vs Anderson. If Anderson wont fight him I wont order a ppv of his against GSP.
11/15/12 1:24 PM
Ip Man 81

dannyglover - Jones vs Anderson. If Anderson wont fight him I wont order a ppv of his against GSP.
Lol yes you will and you know it. Phone Post
11/15/12 1:24 PM
GelderdEnd

dannyglover - Jones vs Anderson. If Anderson wont fight him I wont order a ppv of his against GSP.
Call the waaaaambulance Phone Post
11/15/12 1:31 PM
Card
1799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is coming back from a major injury... so let's force him to add muscle and fight a guy that has wins at 205.... not interested in the least.

11/15/12 1:34 PM
Rockstars
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After Saturday everyone will want this fight again. Phone Post
11/15/12 1:44 PM
ShaqNoob
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos Conduit is going to spoil the party.
11/15/12 2:14 PM
Jetster

Dana has done a lot of good for MMA but he is also turning MMA into a side show...Chael a Fucking title shot at LHW?! WTF is that all about!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.