UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Coolest MMA fighter you have met

11/15/12 3:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RickStorm
1620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
crowbar - 

Rick,

You`re thinking of Chris Brennan and UG`er UGCTT Red Nose.

Yep.. That's them

Pretty good memory for an old man! haha

11/15/12 3:57 PM
mastertahj
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elpadrino -

Shonie Carter was the coolest.

This. When I met him he was dressed from hat to spats in lavender...and made it look easy... Cooler than a penguin's balls... Phone Post
11/15/12 4:05 PM
DiscipleDojo
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

I've heard Wandy is number 1. But it's seriously hard to imagine anyone being cooler in person than

11/15/12 4:15 PM
VitorSuckedBonesToes
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of them really.
Surprisingly though, Cung Le was detached/all business.
Anderson was like I was meeting one of his personalities, both times.
And Ralph Gracie seemed like he was about to snap. He made me unnerved, although the front was friendly.
I think his badassery is just to the bone. Phone Post
11/15/12 4:22 PM
nomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/12 4:22 PM

I also have to add Bas Rutten. (Thanks Hans)

Super cool. Down to earth and genuinely interested.

And I have a Nate Diaz meeting that was hysterical.

He was way funnier than I expected.

11/15/12 4:25 PM
JohnnyChingas

Joey Beltran.
11/15/12 4:34 PM
Sardinian pride

Alessio Sakara .. Super cool guy! Phone Post
11/15/12 5:01 PM
SugaFoot
916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/12 5:01 PM

I met a lot of fighters and for me it is Gleison Tibau, never met a nicer fighter than him.

11/15/12 5:06 PM
SugaFoot
916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hector Lombard is one of the nicest guys I ever met too. When I asked him for a picture in the middle of a bellator event he was extremely happy to see me and you can tell he really enjoys talking to his fans.

11/15/12 5:07 PM
SugaFoot

Cat Shannon - I bumped into Rampage on the street once, I was a bit overweight at the time, I stuck out my hand and said "big fan", and he shook my hand looked at me from head to toe and said "yes you are".

Haha you got to expect that from Rampage!

11/15/12 5:07 PM
D241

I don't know about cool, but Scott Smith is the nicest mma personality I have ever met. Totally surpassed my expectations. And he gave me breaking news on his rematch with Cung

11/15/12 5:09 PM
FedorFTW

Condit, Travis Browne, and Spong Phone Post
11/15/12 5:13 PM
Ryan Williams
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I met rampage once he was playing with some kids helicoptering them, security came made him stop. Real cool was just like cops always ruining folks fun.

Pat Barry is awesome trained with him for a while. Funny and down to earth.

Alan Belcher is a super cool guy also.

The coolest is Red Schafer. 1. Cuz I train under him in BJJ and if he reads this he'd hurt me if I didnt say he was ha ha 2. Because I've had some of the best times hanging out with his crazy ass. Phone Post
11/15/12 5:16 PM
D241

VitorSuckedBonesToes -  All of them really.
Surprisingly though, Cung Le was detached/all business.
Anderson was like I was meeting one of his personalities, both times.
And Ralph Gracie seemed like he was about to snap. He made me unnerved, although the front was friendly.
I think his badassery is just to the bone. Phone Post

I got to meet Cung Le backstage at a SF event in Nashville(famous brawl) and I agree, he seemed very detatched. Except he wasnt' even fighting on the card. I believe he was just there for promotional purposes and you'd think if that's your only job, you wouldn't be so reserved.  

Also, I took this picture at the weigh ins and I don't really get a chance to show it off, so I'll show it off here. In hindsight, you can really see the confidence and determination of Jake for this fight.

11/15/12 5:18 PM
D241

nomoRomophobia - 

I also have to add Bas Rutten. (Thanks Hans)

Super cool. Down to earth and genuinely interested.

Would you mind pm'ing me? I'd love to hear your Nate Diaz story and I'm assuming you didn't post it to share here b/c you didn't want to spread anything.

11/15/12 5:21 PM
Warriormmd
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either Mike Swick or Daniel Cormier Phone Post
11/15/12 5:24 PM
GarlicSauce

Cat Shannon - I bumped into Rampage on the street once, I was a bit overweight at the time, I stuck out my hand and said "big fan", and he shook my hand looked at me from head to toe and said "yes you are".

LMAO

Gotta love Rampage.
11/15/12 5:28 PM
Twister Trent
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom & Seth are the coolest people you'll ever meet.

Sean Sherk was pretty cool, you can tell he doesn't like spotlight though.

Matt Arroyo is a chill dude.

Matt Hughes is sort of a dick but you know.

Meeting Matt Lindland stuck with me, I got 3rd at Naga and he told me I could be something special by what he saw in me grappling.

Rhalan Gracie is the chillest, most humble guy. We competed at the same grappling tournament.

Ben Saunders is the shit.

Corey Hill is cool, surprisingly a really good wrestler.

Vagner Rocha is the MAN!

Shane Primm & Marcus Jones were both hilarious. Made sound effects when I hit the heavy bag, I was 11 at the time & had no clue who they were.

Edson Berto is the man, same with Andre. Phone Post
11/15/12 5:31 PM
Sam9104
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You all probably live in the states.. so jealous. As a swedish fan, it's incredibly hard to meet any fighters all I can do is wait for an event here in Stockholm..

Anyway, please write what happend as well (for those of you who can - not wanting to spread anything negative about some fighters personal stuff) :)
11/15/12 5:32 PM
SpiritualElixir

Met lots of fighters the only one who was not so cool was Chris Leben but I think he was in weight cut mode so I give him a pass

The coolest in person

Zach Davis (tuf from season JDS was coach)
Rick Story
Mackens Semenzier

And the iconic Shogun

Amazingly nice dude Phone Post
11/15/12 5:33 PM
Hocky Balboa
7521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

I don't know about cool, but Scott Smith is the nicest mma personality I have ever met. Totally surpassed my expectations. And he gave me breaking news on his rematch with Cung

Basically the same exact thing that D241 said.

I had floor seats to Strikeforce Nashville and we were seated right at the end of our row.

There were some people in the front row of the risers that were yelling at the ushers to make people sit down. There were many people throughout the show that were standing in random areas on the floor and were apparently blocking the view of others.

Well, the ushers didn't really do much until the same guys finally started yelling "Do your fucking jobs!"

Shit almost got real, but then they actually made people get back to their seats.

It turns out, Scott Smith and his female cousin (very beautiful) were standing right next to us and were told to go back to their seats.

Everyone in our row told them to squeeze in next to us.

He was right next to us for the duration of the main event. He was genuinely trying to watch the fight and probably had no less than 25 people come up to him throughout to ask him for a pic or autograph.

He obliged each time and did not at all seem annoyed or bothered that people were taking away from his time to watch the show.

Afterwards, I mentioned to him that I was a fan of his and cheered for him during the Radach and Le fights, after seeing the amazing Sell comeback. He seemed genuinely honored and told me he was fighting Le next.

There didn't seem to be any fakeness to the guy. What you saw was what you got. Phone Post
11/15/12 5:39 PM
RickStorm
1620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 
nomoRomophobia - 

Would you mind pm'ing me? I'd love to hear your Nate Diaz story and I'm assuming you didn't post it to share here b/c you didn't want to spread anything.

haha! when I read that I thought to myself.. I said, self... Keep your mouth shut as promised... LOL

11/15/12 5:43 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim Hague.  Super nice to all the people he was playing cards with that night, and very nice with the staff.  He signed a bunch of stuff for us and also some UFC stuff to give away during his next fight (we showed the PPV's in our lounge)

11/15/12 5:45 PM
RickStorm

yeah.. Scott Smith is a super nice guy as well.. I went to Elk Grove high with either his cousin or uncle. At that time Scott was just a youngster but later on in life we met at a get together in Elk Grove Park.  Always was very polite and a genuine nice guy

11/15/12 5:47 PM
DKielbasa

SugaFoot - 

Hector Lombard is one of the nicest guys I ever met too. When I asked him for a picture in the middle of a bellator event he was extremely happy to see me and you can tell he really enjoys talking to his fans.

hmmm

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.