UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Coolest MMA fighter you have met

11/16/12 12:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SirHONKEY
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Healy was an unbelievably cool guy to me and my wife. Talked to him a few times on twitter and at the weigh ins for his fight with Hirota he came out, introduced himself and invited us to lunch with him and his family! One of the nicest guys I've met. Renzo Gracie also was very cool.
11/16/12 1:40 AM
aces_taylor
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -
aces_taylor -  Met Chael at Rockhold/Kennedy Strikeforce in Portland.

I hope you wern't sitting next to Tyron's mom.. oh my gosh we heard her screaming from the other side of the arena lol

Oh yeah; I was hoping Nate would go hit her with that nasty KO combo next. I think the whole arena heard her. Phone Post
11/16/12 1:48 AM
RickStorm
1902 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
aces_taylor - 
RickStorm -

I hope you wern't sitting next to Tyron's mom.. oh my gosh we heard her screaming from the other side of the arena lol

Oh yeah; I was hoping Nate would go hit her with that nasty KO combo next. I think the whole arena heard her. Phone Post

The whole arena did hear her.. lol It was acually kind of funny after awhile.. but I shouldnt talk, my mom was the same way at my fights. She even used to wear this bright red shirt with huge letters "Im Storm's Mom" lol

11/16/12 3:01 AM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
11/16/12 4:34 AM
jones182
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephan bonnar, he got us drunk off double jacks, told us some awesome stories and mad dogged the shit out of security when they cut us off.
The same night we spent a few hours talking to Gareth Davies from ESPN. This was in Sydney at ufc 127 Phone Post
11/16/12 7:42 AM
UGCTT_stu0411
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Hunt was chill as fuck, dude had time for everyone. Top bloke.

11/16/12 7:51 AM
smags
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not renzo. I asked him for a ciggarette and he beat the shit out of me... Phone Post
11/16/12 7:55 AM
Jill Laz

Michael McDonald was so cute my friend and I met him at UFC 145 in Atlanta he was very friendly he was with his brother and they seemed so close and very open to pics and questions Phone Post
11/16/12 8:08 AM
gin and juice
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shonie! Phone Post
11/16/12 8:11 AM
BearsDownAzzUp
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jens was awesome.
Big Tim was awesome.
Clay Guida was awesome.
Shonie was awesome. Phone Post
11/16/12 8:21 AM
mmamonstar

out of all the fighters I've met Coleman and wand were the most down to earth ppl I'd met Phone Post
11/16/12 11:02 AM
D241

RickStorm - 
aces_taylor - 
RickStorm -

The whole arena did hear her.. lol It was acually kind of funny after awhile.. but I shouldnt talk, my mom was the same way at my fights. She even used to wear this bright red shirt with huge letters "Im Storm's Mom" lol

That's so funny

also lol @ smags

11/16/12 12:21 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alan belcher, then jones bones jon Phone Post
11/16/12 12:23 PM
tres_equis_666
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jill Laz - Michael McDonald was so cute my friend and I met him at UFC 145 in Atlanta he was very friendly he was with his brother and they seemed so close and very open to pics and questions Phone Post
Did he keep forgettin' things will never be the same again? Phone Post
11/16/12 12:40 PM
meenreen
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kendall Grove was really nice. Saw him in the parking lot at UFC 102 and he talked to us for a while (while his wife/gf or whoever looked kind of peeved waiting in their van.) Jens was super cool and nice to everyone when I saw him up in Seattle. Cung Le seemed kind of detached (someone mentioned this earlier) and strictly business. Same with Randy (but this was on a night where his son was fighting, so I can chalk that up to nerves/stupid obligation to meet with fans when he should be with Ryan), Condit was cool, Dan Hardy was super cool (even after his loss to AJ), Korean Zombie was fun, polite, and genuine even through the language barrier, Alves was nice to a huge group of fans at an Expo up in Vancouver, Schaub seemed kind of douchey (but I didn't talk to him much), Barry seemed nice but a little impatient with fans taking pictures (I'm sure it gets old waiting for idiots' friends trying to figure out the camera), Chael was awesome, Vinny was really nice when I recognized him and talked to him in SJ for the Shogun/Hendo fight. Spong was cool and seemed a little surprised when I recognized him (this was also in SJ, so maybe just about the time he started coming to the states?), Werdum was a nice guy, too. I don't go out of my way to bother people and generally just like to say hi.

As a kid I remember being upset at some of my favorite sports stars being douchey to fans. MMA guys are by far nicer to their fans, but it could just be the small amount of people that actually recognize them. I'm sure it's annoying for someone like Shawn Kemp back in the 90's having everyone in Seattle go out of their way to talk to him. Also, MMA guys tend to have small egos as opposed to someone that hits a ball with a stick, for example. Another reason why it is such a great sport.

11/16/12 12:45 PM
MixedMartialTart

Met James mcsweeney and he was a top lad. Took a picture and had a chat. Picture was a bit blurry so he made him take it again and made sure I was happy with It. All this after losing to Ricco Rodriguez.

If you want to call him a fighter Alex Reid is a prick. Phone Post
11/16/12 12:56 PM
Sam9104
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pocotouro -  super cool guys: matt serra, gsp, david louiseau, rodrigo gracie, shonie carter, jens pulver, rachelle leah, eddie alvarez, saulo ribiero, jimy hettes

cool: arlovski, leben, daniel gracie, jeremy horn, gabe gonzaga, tra telligman

unaffected: lidell, coutoure

dicks: matt hughes, joe rogan, royce Phone Post

Why tell us what happend! :)
11/16/12 12:56 PM
Sam9104
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smags -  Not renzo. I asked him for a ciggarette and he beat the shit out of me... Phone Post

Hahaha, brilliant.
11/16/12 1:06 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sam9104 -
smags -  Not renzo. I asked him for a ciggarette and he beat the shit out of me... Phone Post

Hahaha, brilliant.
Lol Phone Post
11/16/12 1:34 PM
Dana Stern

Chael Sonnen was very very cool. Def the nicest fighter I've met and met a bunch. Rich Clemente was the first fighter I met and was also very cool. Jens was cool, Bisping cool, Weidman kind of a dick, Carwin cool, Rashad cool, Bones cool, Babalu cool, King Mo kind of a dick, Werdum cool, Cruz kind of a dick, Pettis cool, Hughes dick, Miguel Torres real cool. Bu the guys that ive met that we're dicks may have just had a bad day who knows they're human. Phone Post
11/16/12 2:11 PM
DiscipleDojo
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder
UGCTT_SidRival - 
Sam9104 -

Hahaha, brilliant.
Lol Phone Post

That's what you get for sticking your hand down his pants!  ;)

11/16/12 2:15 PM
demonbasketball04
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Danny Martinez and Efrain Escudero. Me and a friend chilled and drank all night with them after WEC 53. Funny as hell and met a bunch of other fighters that night thru them.
11/16/12 3:20 PM
SaviorSelf12
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas rutten was the shit. Asked him to put me in a rear naked and he did. Phone Post
11/16/12 3:29 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

I met Munoz at a fan expo he was really cool

Hungout with Daniel Gracie after a Bellator at Mohegan, he was really nice/funny

Matt Horwich was a cool dude, Met him after an IFL...he hungout with the crowd! Phone Post
11/16/12 3:33 PM
Domenico

Stephan Bonner was cool. My mate ran into Dana White at a pub in the rocks after 127 and said he was just like a normal dude they shared a couple beers and talked shit for about 25 mins said was just like talking with a mate no snob whatsoever Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.