UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Coolest MMA fighter you have met

11/16/12 3:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Domenico
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephan Bonner was cool. My mate ran into Dana White at a pub in the rocks after 127 and said he was just like a normal dude they shared a couple beers and talked shit for about 25 mins said was just like talking with a mate no snob whatsoever Phone Post
11/16/12 3:49 PM
UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncle Creepy, JDS, and Stephan Bonnar. Phone Post
11/16/12 4:00 PM
Juice Box

Vote up I hate being -
-.- Phone Post
11/16/12 8:21 PM
D241
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh Joe Rogan was really cool.

At the UFC 103 weigh ins, I waited to meet him and take a picture. I was towards the very end and Joe stayed the whole time until everyone who wanted to talk or take a picture did. The guy in front of me was a father with his son. They took a picture and Joe thought the kids head may have been cut off. Joe checked the digital camera after, and sure enough it was. Joe insisted to the humble father that they should take another picture. They did and it came out good and everyone was happy. Joe seemed like a really nice guy and he wasn't even high either, unless he smoked right before the weigh ins and his high lasted a long time.

11/16/12 8:25 PM
the geek
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 
sly fox - 

I asked Pat Barry if I could take a photo with him, he didnt understand my accent and thought I said that I wanted to fight him. He looked a little surprised and said "You want to fight me?", when I explained what I said he laughed and explained he had a hang over.

haha! That's funny. Reminds me of the guy who saw one of our green namers (forget who) driving down the road and threw out the UG sign. Fighter thought he was flipping him off..

I'd have to say the coolest "MMA" fighter I've met was Chael Sonnen. Had dinner/drinks with him and a bunch of guys after a Sportfight event, meet him at the gym a few times, Sushi Boat once, and every time he has been super cool, and fun to talk to.

Chael for me as well. Before the first Silva fight he came to my work for a meet and greet and was nice as hell, hung around for a bit to take some group photo's. Very nice and chill guy.
11/16/12 8:57 PM
danneykmma
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason miller let me jump on his back for a picture. And Spencer fisher walked outside with me since my flash wasn't working and had his girlfriend take a picture of us. Really cool guys. Phone Post
11/16/12 9:03 PM
cmons

Marcus Brimage no doubt n i've met my share in non-signing settings Phone Post
11/16/12 9:04 PM
HaoleBoy
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eugene Jackson is the nicest guy in the world

Ian Freeman - super nice

Mikey Burnett - nice guy and told me about he used to keep his hands low to keep the wrestlers off his legs

Travis Fulton - when I called him Mr Fulton he said he would rather be called "the Impaler" LOL!

but for fun - no one beats Mr International Shonie Carter!
11/16/12 9:05 PM
The Mongoose
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe lauzon. Gabriel Gonzaga (fighters locker room).. Um name escapes me but Kenny florians Thai coach is the man. He is a mega actor now (in the Kevin James movie) he is the man. Hmm who else..

I hear Jon jones is very down to earth and kind guy (helps people like back in day would offer to buy other fighters food that were broke and not) hmm many others to many to name Phone Post
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thiago Tavares.
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too many to name:

Honorable mentions: Chael, Carwin, Lombard, Rashad an Chuck Liddell.  (I know I am missing some).

11/16/12 9:06 PM
UGCTT_Pariah

Only MMA fighter I've ever met was Ken Shamrock, and he was pretty cool, but kinda emotionless since I met him at an autograph signing at a local MMA event and there was still a big line behind me. Seemed like he was ready to get out of there since it was late into the night after the event when he was finishing up signing autographs. Still a cool dude, and I'm definitely still a fan! Phone Post
11/16/12 9:10 PM
danneykmma
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe lauzon was real cool too Phone Post
11/16/12 9:19 PM
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've met many and they're all nice.

I've told this story before, but it's a good one:

My four-year-old daughter and I ran into Jason MacDonald. He recognized me from seeing me at the gym earlier in the day and I had interviewed him once in the past.

We started talking and my daughter burst out laughing. She couldn't stop. When I asked why, she said "He's the funniest looking person I have ever seen. He's got orange hair!"

He was a good sport about it.
11/16/12 9:27 PM
mmaTom
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised nobody mentioned Tito. He was extremely nice and down to earth. Met him at UFC 35 at Mohegan Sun. Took pictures with my wife and I. Gave me his belt to hold for the picture. Talked to us and seemed real genuine.
11/16/12 9:40 PM
omlet de fromage

Chuck was extremely cool and awesome

Randy was freaking nice and Awesome

Machida was very cool. Phone Post
11/16/12 10:10 PM
KingRice
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mongoose -  Joe lauzon. Gabriel Gonzaga (fighters locker room).. Um name escapes me but Kenny florians Thai coach is the man. He is a mega actor now (in the Kevin James movie) he is the man. Hmm who else..

I hear Jon jones is very down to earth and kind guy (helps people like back in day would offer to buy other fighters food that were broke and not) hmm many others to many to name Phone Post

you're thinking of Mark DellaGrotte

11/16/12 11:11 PM
mikehotel
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben henderson Phone Post
11/20/12 5:45 PM
MediumRareMistake
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Festus -
MediumRareMistake - Partied with bones in Edmonton at union hall nightclub after hours. He gave us free drinks then took our designated driver back to his hotel leaving my buddies and I with an 80 dollar cab ride home lol. Off topic, coolest was Franklin. Phone Post
Wait a minute...bones boned your DD? hoping your designated driver friend was a girl! Phone Post
Haha yeah she was a girl but not even hot. She might've had braces still at that point, either way she was no good. Bones gave her and her friend 2 grand Canadian and they said it was "because he was leaving to the states and didn't need it anymore".. Or so they wouldn't tell people he fucked two ugly broads from Edmonton haha. Phone Post
11/20/12 5:54 PM
QTyp
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rob Van Dam
11/20/12 6:07 PM
rrryan
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randomly bumped into Chris Leben in Honolulu while on vacation. Got a picture, I looked like a giddy douche. Phone Post
11/21/12 2:10 AM
knuckleballs

The great Fedor. He gave me the shirt off his back after a seminar in 2006. I know it sounds a bit weird, but i had to ask, as, at the time, there weren't any Fedor shirts to buy anywhere on planet earth. When i asked him, he smiled, reached in his gym bag and gave it to me. It's still my favorite t-shirt to this day....

...man, i sound like i am 37 going on 12, but, hey what can i say: it's still Fedor to me, dammit!!!!
11/21/12 6:12 AM
DreamerMMA
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanderlei Silva is far and away the nicest guy I've met in the sport.

Frank Mir was actually really cool as well, very casual and laid back. 

This summer I worked a NAGA event in Vegas and hung out a bit with Roli Delgado and Dale Hart and both were pretty cool guys as well.

11/21/12 6:42 AM
torquemada
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tie between Renzo and Wand. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:08 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Barry. He's the type of dude who would take the time to sit and talk to you for hours.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.