UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Tony Pacenski DVD review

11/16/12 12:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joshjitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

green_machine - Is the Sao Paulo Pass DVD about the leg drag style passing, or does it refer to something else?
It's essentially leg drag.

My only gripe with the 50/50 DVD was that it isn't broken into chapters. Phone Post
11/16/12 1:04 PM
PTM2020
1004 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

green_machine - Is the Sao Paulo Pass DVD about the leg drag style passing, or does it refer to something else?

a good deal of it is based around getting the leg drag from multiple reference points but his section on the Wilson pass is fantastic.   lotta great details pointed out that I didn't even see on the Wilson DVD.

11/17/12 2:35 AM
Slurminho

Not doubting his lineage or techmical ability but my buddy ordered his sao paulo passing and 50/50 DVDs and neither made it past the 3 minute mark before glitching out. We tried on ps3, computer and dvd operating systems. My friend contacted Tony directly (ordered from his site) and was asked to return the defective dvds. My friend never did so its his own loss. But at the same time he was being asked to front the shipping costs for returns and re-delivery. So its like - these dvds dont work, I could replace them for a cost - but whos to say they dont work once again. Just cuz you replace em doesnt mean they'll work. Why didn't they work in the first place? Again, not my money or loss but its a recurring experience
11/17/12 11:09 AM
flowwiththego
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I too am not doubting Tonys lineage or skills. After all I was the one who purchased the DVD. My Brandon Quick comment was below the belt. Tony, I am sorry for that. My personal opinion is that this DVD seemed rushed and made for money. I could be wrong, and probably am. That being said it if it were intentionally shot for your online members, great. I just think with a history of defective DVDs, according to reviews on Budovideos , I would of made damn sure my next run of disc were good. Phone Post
11/17/12 3:07 PM
LittleTony
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/12 3:12 PM
@ Slurminho- I have to tell you if someone orders through me what your friend said happen to him is not my method of operation. I do not write emails, text messages, facebook chats or have telephone calls that say man return the dvd and I will send you a replacement. I will ask your friend to contact me again from what ever method he tried to get this replace disc because I do not ask for people to do that.

@ flowwiththeago- As I said in our chat I have taken steps to improve these issues on the DVDs. Also stay is touch with me and read below ;-).

Now there two things that I want to say to the Jiu-Jitsu community here:

1. I still want someone to give the Berimbolo Instructional a review.

2. I have taken steps to improve the dvds. And I have started an instructional video site with more content than all my dvds on the market.

I started to membership site to keep up with the market, get away from the dvds & running to the post office, help counter some of the negative things that happen in the Internet DVD selling game, to lower the overall cost of instruction for all of you and to have a medium were I can say, "Check out this move I am working on."

The Membership site has all my DVDS, New Content and Is Being updated all the time. If a person starts now they will have content for a year. Best parts are you get everything you haven't seen, wish you could see and with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming next week- This is your chance to get a one year membership at 50% off.

I do not have the marketing machine as some other Jiu-Jitsu teachers in the game and only reason I have been able to keep up with all the others in the market is because I have been fair with my prices, had good instruction, good content and at the end of filming you can see that I am passionate about jiu-jitsu.

My push to release new content is on Monday the 19th- I just returned from Brazil last month and want to share some new material as we head into Black Friday and Cyber Monday. So thank you to the many that joined the membership site, joined the email list and were waiting for something to happen or are hearing about this now. Something is happening now; Get on the email list.

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2owbU9vQc

My best,

"little" Tony
tony@soulfight.net
11/17/12 7:13 PM
JZilla
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony
The email sign up on the site doesn't work
And it looks like there's no other way to find out more about the online / vip membership

Cheers Phone Post
11/17/12 8:02 PM
LittleTony
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@JZilla,

I can't win man- working on this for the launch on Monday- 19th! Thanks for looking out!
11/17/12 8:47 PM
LittleTony

@JZIla,

Please try now to get on the list and receive information now. I will have a new page up Monday morning and the real fun will begin! Everyone has to see- "The Drill!" Open Guard Passing- Coming out Monday FREE!

Best,

"little" Tony Pacenski
www.bjjonline.net
www.loopchokes.com
11/17/12 9:35 PM
TheRealMKL
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Tony,
Would love to write up a review for you and just sent you a message on Facebook. Phone Post
11/17/12 10:40 PM
Gianni Whitesocks
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like little Tony's stuff a lot. It sucks about the glitchy DVDs but give the guy a chance to make it right before making judgement.

To the guys who say he jumps around too much. It sounds like you have only watched a portion of a DVD to come to that conclusion. He packs in a lot of info and details but always brings it home and stays on topic. Phone Post
11/17/12 11:10 PM
JRockwell
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never purchased Tony's hard copy DVD's, but have purchased several of his downloadable videos and have been very pleased with them. His knowledge and teaching of BJJ basics is just as good as his proficiency with modern "sportive" moves, and his videos have deepened my understanding of both. Phone Post
11/18/12 10:35 AM
m.g
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't doubt Tony's lineage or teaching ability. However my experience with his DVDs is each one I order were defective. Itried them on several DVD players and PCs and I got the same message: defective.

Now, I got my DVDs from Tony's website. I sent Tony an email regarding the DVD and he sent me another one which had the same problem as the first.

To Tony's credit he emailed me the contents of the DVD so that I could download them to my harddrive.
11/22/12 12:20 PM
FJJ828

Little Tony is good people and puts out great material. I list his vids as the favorites in my collection as far as bang for the buck in details.

Fletch

www.brazilianjiujitsunaples.com

11/25/12 5:29 PM
hockey

I had the same problem with defective dvds now im on Mendes on line!And Frazzatto's new dvd covers some serious material only draw back no english!
11/25/12 6:21 PM
flowwiththego
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I had 5 DVDs , I did get a refund but had to pay to box and ship it back. Plus ten bucks off original purchase bc the price has dropped. Add that to multiple trips to return the 5 DVDs, a fucking joke. Phone Post
11/25/12 7:33 PM
LittleTony

As we move foward with this topic of dvd defects, I have taken steps to improve the issue on dvds; I have also moved towards a membership site with basic to high level content at an amazing price and I still wait for a review of the content of the berimbolo instructional.

"little" Tony
www.bjjoline.net
11/25/12 8:03 PM
flowwiththego

Shamwow Phone Post
11/25/12 10:32 PM
Rival School

LittleTony - As we move foward with this topic of dvd defects, I have taken steps to improve the issue on dvds; I have also moved towards a membership site with basic to high level content at an amazing price and I still wait for a review of the content of the berimbolo instructional.

"little" Tony
www.bjjoline.net
Tony where do I buy your Berimbolo set from? I'm really into extensive comprehensive writing and in top of that I've been dabbling in the Berimbolo game for 9 months or so and I'm a smaller guy.

Ive watched some of your other DVDs and loved them so it would be an honor. Phone Post
11/26/12 2:16 AM
LittleTony

Word!
@Rival School send me a facebook message. You are interested in reviewing the berimbolo instruction; I will send you the material?

I have many distance students now since starting the membership site in August and I happy to get the emails from people that are learning from the videos.

"little" Tony Pacenski
www.bjjonline.net
"Game Changing Information That Will Stick With You!"

11/26/12 1:47 PM
Rival School

LittleTony - Word!
@Rival School send me a facebook message. You are interested in reviewing the berimbolo instruction; I will send you the material?

I have many distance students now since starting the membership site in August and I happy to get the emails from people that are learning from the videos.

"little" Tony Pacenski
www.bjjonline.net
"Game Changing Information That Will Stick With You!"

I wrote you on Facebook my brother. Phone Post
11/26/12 5:07 PM
LittleTony

HolyAvengerP5,

There are many dvds and instructionals from Japan on the reverse de la Riva guard by the Mendes bros as brown belts Bruno Frazatto and others from atos team. However, they are in parts. I will film soon for some projects for the BJJ Revolution Team and for my membership site hosted on www.bjjonline.net. Many of my distance students are asking about this position. This is a topic I want to organize. I want to help people understand the dynamics of this position (RDLR), the transitions with other guards, timing, distance influence/control and of course some cool techniques.

As for the footsie fight position; (Lets Call It The Double Guard Pull) in the berimbolo instructional there is a section on this topic- I believe it is in the battles to win section- I think overall that many people dislike watching two fighters that do double guard pull and fight for 50/50 Guard, Footlocks, Legdrags or in this case transition to the berimbolo- (Backtake, Front Mount or Pass)! But, there show be more filming in this area as well for competitiors in Jiu-Jitsu that are interested.

"little" Tony
www.bjjonline.net
www.soulfight.net

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.