UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Mitrione vs. Roy Nelson set for TUF Finale

11/15/12 6:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/15/3651430/roy-nelson-vs-matt-mitrione-slated-for-tuf-16-finale-in-december

11/15/12 6:13 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Basically one person who ticked off the brass looses. I don't see meathead taking this one though. Phone Post
11/15/12 6:16 PM
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There brothers if you think about it. Phone Post
11/15/12 6:16 PM
SugaFoot
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice..I got Roy Nelson in this one. Matt Mitrione has got a lot of things going for him though - new camp, long lay off which can give him time to improve and, he is hungry to get back in the cage. But with that said, Roy Nelson is a vet - his striking is legit, his knockout power is even more legit..so even if Matt is the more technical striker, hes got to watch out for Roy's power. As far as the wrestling goes, I give Roy Nelson the edge but, Matt is an NFL caliber athlete so his chance of improvement in this area is huge -  but even with assuming his wrestling improved, Roy should be able to get him down eventually and that is where I see him winning this fight. Roy's ground game is no joke, he uses his size well, and with an opponent like Matt who isn't a huge HW, Roy should be able to keep top control of him. I see him getting a late submission or tko on the ground.

11/15/12 6:25 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Nelson will do to Mitrione what Kongo did to him in the 3rd round. 

11/15/12 6:27 PM
The Mouth

I wanted this matchup.

BOSS.

11/15/12 6:40 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Fat Kid

Roy gunna KO meat in the 1st Phone Post
11/15/12 6:41 PM
GregNoActionJackson
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mouth -

I wanted this matchup.

BOSS.

So did i. Love both fighters Phone Post
11/15/12 6:42 PM
SJCOTTON
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got roy taking this one Phone Post
UGCTT_mousetrap
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy will take this, hopefully I am wrong. Phone Post
Ktaco
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not meaning to be disrespectful, even though it will come across like that, but this is really the best they could do? Carwin to Mitrione? Come on.
11/15/12 6:44 PM
Sergio88
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be surprised if Meathead last 2nd Rds with Big Country, Nelson via 2nd rd sub. Phone Post
11/15/12 6:46 PM
The Ghost of Eatonbeever
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this wont be competitive at all, once roy gets this to the grund its crucafix time or an easy sub. 

11/15/12 6:56 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Ktaco - Not meaning to be disrespectful, even though it will come across like that, but this is really the best they could do? Carwin to Mitrione? Come on.

Carwin was on a 2 fight losing streak, he was only put there because he and Nelson had BEEF. Who else was there? 

Struve-Already got ko'd in less than a minute

Shane Del Rosario-Coming off a tko loss 

Pat Barry-Off a Ko loss 

Stipe-Off a tko loss 

Hunt-Injured 

Only guy NOT coming off a loss that seems to be available is Kongo, who knows if he was offered it or not. 

11/15/12 6:58 PM
XcessiveZ

Nelson is too experienced for Mitrione.No chance of a KO for Matt with Roys granite chin.Going with Nelson 2nd round tko or sub. Phone Post
11/15/12 6:58 PM
The Ghost of Eatonbeever
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Ktaco - Not meaning to be disrespectful, even though it will come across like that, but this is really the best they could do? Carwin to Mitrione? Come on.

Carwin was on a 2 fight losing streak, he was only put there because he and Nelson had BEEF. Who else was there? 

Pat Barry-Off a Ko loss 

Stipe-Off a tko loss 

Hunt-Injured 

Only guy NOT coming off a loss that seems to be available is Kongo, who knows if he was offered it or not. 

Strikefarce heavies?? 

Arlovski?

11/15/12 7:03 PM
jkennedy
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP June Carter Meathead :-( Phone Post
11/15/12 7:04 PM
MMALOGIC

mittriones last fight against Kongo was crap.  Roy brings the fight though so it should be interesting.

11/15/12 7:06 PM
Andersons_Chin
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bad matchup for mitrione.
11/15/12 7:08 PM
Reddvlboy

Why not Cormier? Woulda been a great intro for him. Phone Post
11/15/12 7:09 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

The Ghost of Eatonbeever - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Pat Barry-Off a Ko loss 

Stipe-Off a tko loss 

Hunt-Injured 

Strikefarce heavies?? 

Arlovski?

Showtime deal, they're locked up until at least the last Strikeforce show. Don't know about Arlovski. Sergei Kharitonov should be in the UFC and should've been offered to step in against Nelson 

11/15/12 7:11 PM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Meathead, but he's gettin' knocked out.

11/15/12 7:12 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rooting for Meathead but I think Nelson will win... Phone Post
11/15/12 7:17 PM
Joe_Drogan420

*sigh
11/15/12 7:19 PM
Chris27

Def not a bad fight on short notice.

Both came out of TUF 10, think Roy wins but this is a solid fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.