UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Condit sincere about being a Savage this time?

11/15/12 10:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CGJiuJitsu
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are your thoughts on Condit's statements in the pre-fight shows/interviews?  I understand the "gameplan" used during the Diaz fight, and I imagine the "this is going to be a Dog fight" in the Diaz pre-fight comments,  was simply mind games.  So, is he being sincere about being a Savage or do you guys expect some special game plan making his current statments more mind games for GSP???

Thoughts my UG brothas and sistas???

11/15/12 10:27 PM
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won't have a time to be a "savage" as he's stuck on his back for 5 rounds. Phone Post
11/15/12 10:28 PM
Dazednconfused
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly believe he will use a similar gameplan. He's gonna have to. Phone Post
11/15/12 10:29 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/12 10:36 PM

he has no choice... if he waits for GSP he's gonna get beat.  you're not gonna beat the master of point fighting with point fighting.

Condit has to create as much chaos as possible in order to have a chance.

11/15/12 10:41 PM
Andersons_Chin
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit will throw the strikes he knows how to throw. He has knocked a lot of people out with them.

Can anyone honestly say that they think he will go into this fight (or went into the Diaz fight) with the gameplan to NOT knock people out with his strikes? Of course he will go for the finish. Of course it gets harder to finish the higher up the chain you go. Phone Post
11/15/12 10:56 PM
SickEyeDiaz
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

he has no choice... if he waits for GSP he's gonna get beat.  you're not gonna beat the master of point fighting with point fighting.

Condit has to create as much chaos as possible in order to have a chance.

awesome
11/15/12 11:14 PM
semtex0809
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's lying again Phone Post
11/16/12 12:07 AM
BlueNamer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't know, i hope he goes for it. i can't fucking wait to find out.

11/16/12 12:15 AM
KingGo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp is too aggressive for that pussyfoot shit. If condit even thinks of doing that its gonna be double legs all day Phone Post
11/16/12 12:16 AM
Raezor19

Nucky - 

Condit is gonna be swinging for the fences because there is no beating the King of Decisions in a 5 rounder.

King of decisions might be a bit harsh.......I'd say king of dominating fights that went to decision would be more accurate.....just saying.....

11/16/12 12:30 AM
orcus

Edited: 11/16/12 12:29 AM

A strategy like he used against Nick would just get him taken down repeatedly without having done anything. He needs to hurt GSP and GSP isn't a machine who is very likely to win a "dogfight" like Nick is. Carlos probably isn't real concerned about GSP hurting him on the feet.

Not only is there no need to use that same strategy, it is not the one with the best chance of winning him the fight.

11/16/12 12:40 AM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diazed And Confused -  He won't have a time to be a "savage" as he's stuck on his back for 5 rounds. Phone Post

. . .

11/16/12 1:14 AM
Larry Appleton
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think GSP beats him by close decision Phone Post
11/16/12 2:32 AM
hawaiidave

I wouldn't consider 50-45 a close decision. Phone Post
11/16/12 9:47 AM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit you guys are idiots. Phone Post
11/16/12 9:48 AM
Masakyst
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can honestly say that he went into the Diaz fight with the gameplan of not knocking him out.

Condit was throwing spinning backfists, slicing elbows, flying knees, vicious combos... all the same strikes he threw against opponents he did finish, and he hit Diaz with about 150 of them. So you can't honestly say that he wasn't looking for a finish.

You just need to give Diaz credit for having a chin of iron.
11/16/12 9:58 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fucking christ, will it never end?  

good post, masakyst.  saved me some typing.  

11/16/12 10:18 AM
KingGo

Masakyst -
I can honestly say that he went into the Diaz fight with the gameplan of not knocking him out.

Condit was throwing spinning backfists, slicing elbows, flying knees, vicious combos... all the same strikes he threw against opponents he did finish, and he hit Diaz with about 150 of them. So you can't honestly say that he wasn't looking for a finish.

Yes I can. His shots didn't have power, you could argue that he's was going for points. Diaz style revolves around throwing a high volume of punches in a short period of time, condit had to have known that if diaz had a couple opporunities to unload, even if they weren't that damaging, it would look good to the judges just based on the amount of punches thrown. I think condit realized this and focused his gameplan on looking busy, not trying to finish the fight. diaz was getting pissed bc he felt condit wasn't fighting back, that doesn't sound like condit was going for the kill Phone Post
11/16/12 10:21 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so he threw spinning backfists, elbows, flying knees, and combos to diaz's head all while TRYING NOT TO FINISH? 

unreal.  

11/16/12 10:24 AM
Masakyst
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His shots didn't have power

How do you know that?
11/16/12 10:27 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

KingGo - 
Masakyst -

Yes I can. His shots didn't have power, you could argue that he's was going for points. Diaz style revolves around throwing a high volume of punches in a short period of time, condit had to have known that if diaz had a couple opporunities to unload, even if they weren't that damaging, it would look good to the judges just based on the amount of punches thrown. I think condit realized this and focused his gameplan on looking busy, not trying to finish the fight. diaz was getting pissed bc he felt condit wasn't fighting back, that doesn't sound like condit was going for the kill Phone Post

Dude, Diaz gets pissed in EVERY fight. If his opponent doesn't just play right into his gameplan he gets pissed and starts talking shit. It's what they do (Diaz bros.)....

11/16/12 10:36 AM
Neil Funk

Condit's going to finish Georges in this fight.
11/16/12 10:38 AM
KingGo

Masakyst -
His shots didn't have power

How do you know that?
I watched the fight. Compare that fight to condits other fights, tell me something wasn't missing that night. Phone Post
11/16/12 10:40 AM
KingGo

suess -

so he threw spinning backfists, elbows, flying knees, and combos to diaz's head all while TRYING NOT TO FINISH? 

unreal.  

just bc he threw those doesn't mean they had power, which honestly I don't think they did. Im arguing he was trying to stay more active with diaz Phone Post
11/16/12 10:42 AM
suess

KingGo - 
suess -

unreal.  

just bc he threw those doesn't mean they had power, which honestly I don't think they did. Im arguing he was trying to stay more active with diaz Phone Post

he threw those strikes to look active?  why not just jab instead?  throwing a flying knee against a guy like diaz who wants to get in close is not a good idea, unless of course you're looking to do some damage.

your logic is not very logical.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.