UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Condit sincere about being a Savage this time?

11/16/12 10:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Yes, in response to his opponent any time they won't just let Diaz get in the phone booth and bang. Notice he did not do it much at all against BJ....why? Because BJ stood and traded and got beat the fuck up.

To use Diaz taunting and getting pissed as "proof" of anything in ridiculous.

11/16/12 10:49 AM
KingGo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 
KingGo - 
suess -

so he threw spinning backfists, elbows, flying knees, and combos to diaz's head all while TRYING NOT TO FINISH? 

unreal.  

just bc he threw those doesn't mean they had power, which honestly I don't think they did. Im arguing he was trying to stay more active with diaz Phone Post

he threw those strikes to look active?  why not just jab instead?  throwing a flying knee against a guy like diaz who wants to get in close is not a good idea, unless of course you're looking to do some damage.

your logic is not very logical.  

Bc throwing one punch over and over again is really easy time/counter? You guys realize this is EXACTLY what diaz strategy is right? Throw a shit ton of half punches that add up after a while? The difference is diaz can knock people out with it, if not for that hed decision every time. I think condit was trying to mimick diaz style a little bit in an attempt to neutralize it, but he doesnt have the cardio to put the power behind it.
11/16/12 10:52 AM
KingGo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 

^^^ Yes, in response to his opponent any time they won't just let Diaz get in the phone booth and bang. Notice he did not do it much at all against BJ....why? Because BJ stood and traded and got beat the fuck up.

To use Diaz taunting and getting pissed as "proof" of anything in ridiculous.

I think Ill cede from that point, I think you guys have that one lol
11/16/12 10:54 AM
Masakyst
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingGo - 
Masakyst -
His shots didn't have power

How do you know that?
I watched the fight. Compare that fight to condits other fights, tell me something wasn't missing that night. Phone Post

Nothing was missing at all. And sorry but you are in no position to judge how much power is behind a strike unless you're the one getting hit by it. That's not something that you can judge from your position on the couch in front of the TV.

No fighter can simply finish a fight whenever they want to.

But if a fighter wants to finish Nick Diaz, it's by staying on the outside, away from the cage, and landing damaging strikes from there. It's certainly not going to be getting tangled up with him in wild exchanges, where he excels.

But I do understand where you are coming from. Different MMA fans appreciate different things in a fight. Condit wouldn't let Diaz bang and that makes you sad, even 10 months later. It's all good.
11/16/12 11:08 AM
KingGo

Masakyst - 
KingGo - 
Masakyst -
His shots didn't have power

How do you know that?
I watched the fight. Compare that fight to condits other fights, tell me something wasn't missing that night. Phone Post

Nothing was missing at all. And sorry but you are in no position to judge how much power is behind a strike unless you're the one getting hit by it. That's not something that you can judge from your position on the couch in front of the TV.

No fighter can simply finish a fight whenever they want to.

But if a fighter wants to finish Nick Diaz, it's by staying on the outside, away from the cage, and landing damaging strikes from there. It's certainly not going to be getting tangled up with him in wild exchanges, where he excels.

But I do understand where you are coming from. Different MMA fans appreciate different things in a fight. Condit wouldn't let Diaz bang and that makes you sad, even 10 months later. It's all good.

You've obviously never TRANED, bc if you did, you would know that it's VERY possible to judge the power of a punch based on the way its thrown. Condit broke out of his usual fighting style that night, and in doing so, I think he sacrificed power for speed and his ability to get away. Throwing power shots require hunkering down and putting your weight on top of yourself, which would have rendered him vulnerable to diaz punches. I think that only happened once or twice in the fight, this is why I think condit lacked his usual power and wasnt looking to finish

And please stop with the usual "ur pissed condit didnt bang argument", you sound childish
11/16/12 11:12 AM
KingGo

^^ it just occurred to to me you weren't trying to be a dick w that last sentence. I am sad, but I dont think condit was wrong, you gotta do what you gotta do to win
11/16/12 11:20 AM
brianlg
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im thinking that he will fight more aggresively than his last showing, but who knows. I'm pulling for gsp though Phone Post
11/16/12 11:49 AM
ortman166

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
Andersons_Chin - Condit will throw the strikes he knows how to throw. He has knocked a lot of people out with them.

Can anyone honestly say that they think he will go into this fight (or went into the Diaz fight) with the gameplan to NOT knock people out with his strikes? Of course he will go for the finish. Of course it gets harder to finish the higher up the chain you go. Phone Post
I can honestly say that he went into the Diaz fight with the gameplan of not knocking him out. It was obvious GE was there to score cheap points and disengage before any chance of proper engagement.

There was no way in hell he was gonna be the first person to ever KO Diaz with that gameplan and he knew that.

The crazy thing is that he and his coaches have so little belief in his ability that they were convinced this was the only way to beat Diaz when Carlos had finished virtually every fighter before then. Another reason why Jackson is a shit coach.

If he runs from GSP like he did Diaz he's gonna get double legged into Bolivia. Phone Post
^ Phone Post
11/16/12 11:53 AM
suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingGo - 
suess - 
KingGo - 
suess -

so he threw spinning backfists, elbows, flying knees, and combos to diaz's head all while TRYING NOT TO FINISH? 

unreal.  

just bc he threw those doesn't mean they had power, which honestly I don't think they did. Im arguing he was trying to stay more active with diaz Phone Post

he threw those strikes to look active?  why not just jab instead?  throwing a flying knee against a guy like diaz who wants to get in close is not a good idea, unless of course you're looking to do some damage.

your logic is not very logical.  

Bc throwing one punch over and over again is really easy time/counter? You guys realize this is EXACTLY what diaz strategy is right? Throw a shit ton of half punches that add up after a while? The difference is diaz can knock people out with it, if not for that hed decision every time. I think condit was trying to mimick diaz style a little bit in an attempt to neutralize it, but he doesnt have the cardio to put the power behind it.

uhh what? 

diaz uses pitter patter punches to lull you to sleep and then slugs you in the body and head with relentless combos while you think you're not going to get hurt.  he also pushes the pace for every minute while you're in there with him.  

anyway, if condit was avoiding a finish and wanted to play it safe, flying knees and spinning shit is a bad idea.  those things get you CLOSE to diaz where he wants you.  sorry, but you're just flat out wrong.  

11/16/12 12:35 PM
BubblesNS

Andersons_Chin - Condit will throw the strikes he knows how to throw. He has knocked a lot of people out with them.

Can anyone honestly say that they think he will go into this fight (or went into the Diaz fight) with the gameplan to NOT knock people out with his strikes? Of course he will go for the finish. Of course it gets harder to finish the higher up the chain you go. Phone Post
He pussed out during the Diaz fight. Too much was on the line and he went for the "baby kick" run away win. I blame Winklejohn. Phone Post
11/16/12 4:33 PM
bhealthy

he will be sincere about it until he realises just how much Srtonger georges is than he. it would be wise to have a plan 'b'
11/16/12 4:34 PM
32Hunter

Gsp is no Nick Diaz, so yeah probably.
11/16/12 4:58 PM
Silverball
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just watched Condit's fight with Rory again, and he spent a majority of that fight circling away from McDonald as well. It worked for him in that fight because Rory gassed after winning the first two rounds, and of course the questionable stoppage (what was it, 9 or 10 seconds left?) didn't hurt either.

GSP isn't likely to fade after two rounds and his top game is on another level, so I don't see Condit being overly aggressive tomorrow night, unless he knows something we don't.
11/16/12 5:04 PM
3 Sided Square
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you mean "sincere this time" he savagely raped Nick Diaz fans last time, some of your vaginas are still bleeding today. Phone Post
11/16/12 6:14 PM
56sav

Condit seemed really satisfied with his Greg Jackson karate point fighting style win after the fight with Diaz. Is there any reason why he would be motivated to employ a different strategy? If he rushes in he'll just get taken down, which will probably pose too much of a risk according to his trainers.
11/16/12 8:23 PM
Masakyst
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

56sav - Condit seemed really satisfied with his Greg Jackson karate point fighting style win after the fight with Diaz. Is there any reason why he would be motivated to employ a different strategy? If he rushes in he'll just get taken down, which will probably pose too much of a risk according to his trainers.

GSP and Nick Diaz have completely different fighting styles. Why would he use the same strategy?

What works against Diaz won't necessarily work against GSP.

11/16/12 11:15 PM
Flyers179

Condit has no choice but to be a savage in this fight. To sit back and let GSP dictate the pace would be a disaster.
11/18/12 11:49 AM
KingGo

So after watching the fight last night, did anyone feel like there was a difference in how condit fought gsp as opposed to diaz? after how he fucked gsps face up last night, tell me now that he wasn't holding his power back against diaz Phone Post
11/18/12 11:51 AM
Purgey
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingGo - So after watching the fight last night, did anyone feel like there was a difference in how condit fought gsp as opposed to diaz? after how he fucked gsps face up last night, tell me now that he wasn't holding his power back against diaz Phone Post
There really wasn't a difference, GSP just took him down when he backed up to the cage. Phone Post
11/18/12 12:06 PM
Neil Funk

Neil Funk - Condit's going to finish Georges in this fight.

I'm glad I was wrong about this. WAR GSP
11/18/12 12:10 PM
Authority Figure

CGJiuJitsu - 

What are your thoughts on Condit's statements in the pre-fight shows/interviews?  I understand the "gameplan" used during the Diaz fight, and I imagine the "this is going to be a Dog fight" in the Diaz pre-fight comments,  was simply mind games.  So, is he being sincere about being a Savage or do you guys expect some special game plan making his current statments more mind games for GSP???

Thoughts my UG brothas and sistas???

He is a savage. He almost got the stoppage. He was beastin'.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.