UnderGround Forums

MMA Photography UnderGround >> Can a fan bring his DSLR to UFC?

11/16/12 9:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMA4Hugs
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry for what may be an obvious question, but I'm attending my first UFC this weekend (as a fan), and I'm wondering whether I should attempt to bring my 5Dmk2 and lenses or not. Is the kind of thing the UFC frowns on and will get you hassled/kicked out? I saw some footage from the show last week in China and it seemed like there were cameras everywhere.

My plan, incidentally, is to record a bunch of spherical panoramas in and around the event. I can use my GoPro as a fallback if the DSLR is out of the question.

Cheers,

Jay

11/16/12 11:07 AM
MMA4Hugs
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, doing some research on-line it appears that the Bell Centre in particular is pretty tough on cameras. You can normally squeak in with a point-and-shoot, but likely will be asked to check a DSLR & lenses. I'll try for the GoPro and fallback to phone camera. 

Thanks for nothing :P

J

3/6/13 10:27 PM
Zimbaly
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've found it depends on the venue and what event is going on. I'd say your best bet would be to call the venue and ask, or get in contact with the group who is doing the event. If it's a sporting event contact the team and talk about if they allow it. Or say it's a combat event. Contact the organizers or groups involved, because they may know more info then the venue itself and may have different rules then the venue.

Also shooting them an email isn't a bad thing either.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.