UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Is NXT the best current WWE show?

11/16/12 11:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm enjoying it a lot more than the other shows right now. Lots of talent there, bodes well for the future.

11/16/12 11:31 AM
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best theme music as well! Phone Post
11/16/12 3:49 PM
Smokemonster
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When's that on? Phone Post
11/16/12 3:58 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's on Hulu Smoke

and yes it is. Kassius Ohno is going to be big with the right booking. 

I also enjoy Langston using the King Kong Bundy 5 count gimmick. 

11/16/12 4:30 PM

Yup Langston is getting pretty over with the whole 5 count thing, and hes got the look too.

There are so many guys there that would really enhance the main roster, and a few could potentially be main event stars. Bray Wyatt is one of the most interesting and captivating characters ive seen in years, Dean Ambrose is equally interesting and also excellent on the mic then theres Ohno, Rollins, Graves, Steamboat etc. The Ascension could be a great addition to the tag team division too.

The WWE really have so much potential right in front of them to kick off another golden era, hopefully it doesnt all go to waste. I would hate to see them move a guy like Wyatt to the main shows, fail with it due to lousy booking and then ditch it.

11/16/12 4:39 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/16/12 4:39 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - 

Yup Langston is getting pretty over with the whole 5 count thing, and hes got the look too.

There are so many guys there that would really enhance the main roster, and a few could potentially be main event stars. Bray Wyatt is one of the most interesting and captivating characters ive seen in years, Dean Ambrose is equally interesting and also excellent on the mic then theres Ohno, Rollins, Graves, Steamboat etc. The Ascension could be a great addition to the tag team division too.

The WWE really have so much potential right in front of them to kick off another golden era, hopefully it doesnt all go to waste. I would hate to see them move a guy like Wyatt to the main shows, fail with it due to lousy booking and then ditch it.

Wyatt is said to have earned McMahon's respect by losing 20 lbs recently. It was reported the reason Husky's push was derailed was because McMahon got on him about him not having a "body," which is complete bullshit. Some of the best wrestlers that have laced up a pair of boots didn't have a "Hulk Hogan/John Cena" body. Also some of the most impressive "bodies" have been god awful wrasslers. 

Wyatt will be great if they don't fuck it up. 

I love the way The Ascension tag: Agressive, quick tags, and THEY CUT OFF HALF THE RING. Something I feel has been missing from tag team wrestling for a very long time. It tells a great story, and makes the hot tag that much more effective. 

11/23/12 8:01 AM

Watching the last NXT atm, the Big E Langston $5000 bounty and 5 count gimmicks could have been given to Ryback to get him much more over than he is right now.

11/23/12 10:22 AM
Tom Lawlor
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nxt is great.

It baffles my mind that the Ascension hasn't been brought up yet, O'Reilly has been in developmental forever. They do the vampire/occult gimmick much better than the Brood did.

Really enjoying Bray Wyatt's promos and character too, he has the gimmick down pat at this point.

Ohno is awesome and is way outshining Steamboat in their feud.

NXT surely is the best show they have running, I wish that they had it be a 2 hour show or added another 1 hour show per week to get more attention for the whole roster. Phone Post
11/23/12 10:56 AM
MMAhaiku
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brodie Lee is paired with Husky Harris? In saw a recap video that showed Husky in a rocking chair on the stage while Brodie was in there stomping ass. Can someone explain the gimmick? Phone Post
11/23/12 11:08 AM

Edited: 11/23/12 11:09 AM
MMAhaiku -  Brodie Lee is paired with Husky Harris? In saw a recap video that showed Husky in a rocking chair on the stage while Brodie was in there stomping ass. Can someone explain the gimmick? Phone Post

Husky is now Bray Wyatt, a Waylon Mercy esque psychopath who goes on weird philosophical rants all the time and at one point implied that he killed his father before teaching himself how to read (mainly the Bible), while Brodie is now Luke Harper, who is like a dumb, largely mute follower of Wyatt. Its got a bit of a weird backwater cult vibe to it.

By todays WWE standards its a pretty dark and intriguing angle.

11/28/12 3:22 PM
vengence
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hopefully they transfer it to the main roster
11/28/12 3:42 PM
Winky is Wright

I'm really interested to see where Wyatt's "family" goes. 

I'm hoping this angle makes its way to WWE TV

11/28/12 3:42 PM
fryabusa
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this on the paid version of Hulu or can anyone get it?

12/18/12 10:55 AM
TheSwansBoingBoingedMyBaggies

BIG E!!!

12/18/12 11:28 AM
jTheHybridwolff
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -
MMAhaiku -  Brodie Lee is paired with Husky Harris? In saw a recap video that showed Husky in a rocking chair on the stage while Brodie was in there stomping ass. Can someone explain the gimmick? Phone Post

Husky is now Bray Wyatt, a Waylon Mercy esque psychopath who goes on weird philosophical rants all the time and at one point implied that he killed his father before teaching himself how to read (mainly the Bible), while Brodie is now Luke Harper, who is like a dumb, largely mute follower of Wyatt. Its got a bit of a weird backwater cult vibe to it.

By todays WWE standards its a pretty dark and intriguing angle.

What happened to Eli Cottonwood ? Phone Post
12/18/12 3:25 PM
Winky is Wright

Cottonwood got releases

Harper replaced the character Phone Post
12/18/12 3:25 PM
Winky is Wright

Released * Phone Post
12/18/12 4:07 PM
jTheHybridwolff
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winky is Wright - Cottonwood got releases

Harper replaced the character Phone Post
I think it would have been great to make them a tag team 2 giants doing
Bray Wyatt's biding
Maybe Cottonwood could would learn how to be a big man in the ring I think IMO that Brodie Lee / Luke Harper moves good for a big man and Maybe just Maybe some could rub off on Eli but if he gone I guess that's that Phone Post
12/28/12 2:58 AM
Winky is Wright

Corey Graves is awful, why are they high on this guy? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.