UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fighter predictions of GSP vs. Condit

11/16/12 1:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Watch UFC 154 PPV Live on The UG!

GSP is a heavy favorite over Carlos Condit Saturday night, with odds around Condit (+300) vs GSP (-380). That means if you bet 100 bucks on Condit and he wins, you make $300. Bet $100 on GSP and he wins, you make less than $30.

However, a quick survey on Twitter reveals a more divided opinion among fighters themselves.

Crazy Tim Credeur ‏@TimCredeur
@CarlosCondit by White Trash Death Beating! Do it for Old Glory Carlos! Viva La Revolution!

alan belcher ufc ‏@alanbelcherufc
GSP dec, easiest fight to pick of the year.

Derek Brunson ‏@DerekBrunsonMMA
Condit 4th round tko

Sean McCorkle ‏@BigSexyMcCorkle
GSP via total 5 round domination

Michael Chiesa ‏@MikeMav22
Condit by decision, 48-47

philip de fries ‏@phildefriesmma
gsp ud :)

FRANK TRIGG ‏@FRANKTRIGG
condit decision.

Ben Askren ‏@Benaskren
GSP I think he is just a lot better

Aaron Simpson ‏@aaronsimpson
Condit. Dec.

Vinny Magalhaes ‏@VinnyMMA
GSP decision

Pete Spratt ‏@IamPeteSpratt
leaning toward Condit by decision due to GSP’s injury n layoff!

Ulysses Gomez ‏@uselessgomez
hard to bet against GSP

Jamie Varner ‏@jamievarner
Condit

Charlie Brenneman ‏@SpaniardMMA
gsp by manning him

Martin Kampmann @MartinKampmann
I used to think GSP would win but now I’m leaning for Condit to win the fight

Jeff Curran ‏@BigFrogBJJ
cant wait to find out. like em both. i wouldnt bet on this fight

Read entire article...

Does that mean fighter's are smarter than the ever bettor, or are they speaking from the heart more than the mind? Who do you think is going to win?

11/16/12 2:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
patrice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit sure do have alot of friends ;)
11/16/12 2:15 PM
patrice

Sherdog has it:
Pros Picking St. Pierre: 28
Pros Picking Condit: 6
No Pick: 9
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-St-Pierre-vs-Condit-47433
11/16/12 2:15 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like both guys, and think they are two of the most respectful and best representatives for the sport. That said I think GSP will win, but am rooting for Carlos.

War NBK!!
11/16/12 2:16 PM
lookoutawhale
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frank trigg has chosen GSP's opponent to win pretty much every fight they've asked him. dude is horrible for choosing winners.

11/16/12 2:18 PM
Farewell Brock
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who ever is picking condit to win a decision against gsp is crazy. Let alone picking him to win un Canada by decision vs gsp. Phone Post
11/16/12 2:49 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit by TKO Phone Post
11/16/12 3:03 PM
catgobling

this is gonna be a good fuckin fight
11/16/12 3:04 PM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belcher is pretty confident in Condit. I think Silva-Bonnar was an easier pick in the last 2 months let alone a year
11/16/12 3:05 PM
RicoVelasquez
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - Condit by TKO Phone Post
This Phone Post
11/16/12 3:42 PM
Kirik
1832 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Follow me, on Twitter
patrice - Sherdog has it:
Pros Picking St. Pierre: 28
Pros Picking Condit: 6
No Pick: 9
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-St-Pierre-vs-Condit-47433

8 pros above who like Condit, so it is far from unanimous.

11/16/12 3:50 PM
MadmanGadman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think frank trigg is but hurt over the way gsp man handled him. I also think the hitman picked condit because that's who he would rather fight since he already has a win over him. Phone Post
11/16/12 3:53 PM
DBSH209

"Crazy Tim Credeur ?@TimCredeur
@CarlosCondit by White Trash Death Beating! Do it for Old Glory Carlos! Viva La Revolution!"

Just pointing this out, Carlos is the son of a politician, he is far from 'white trash'. smh. Idk this tweet is first in line.
11/16/12 3:59 PM
MixedMartialTart

Gsp goes away for a year and people forget his been gorilla fucking his division since forever.

Gsp - decision Phone Post
11/16/12 4:16 PM
Loadin76
1108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale - 

frank trigg has chosen GSP's opponent to win pretty much every fight they've asked him. dude is horrible for choosing winners.

Trigg = Cre?

11/16/12 6:46 PM
dhughes
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More interesting than the picks is the fact that most folks, pros or otherwise, are picking the winner by decision - especially in the case of GSP.

No argument - other than I can't see CC winning by decision. If he finds a way to win it surely must be by KO or TKO. Despite his Diaz performance, it is very difficult to imagine a world wherein CC dominates 5 rounds against GSP.

I am *hoping* for a finish either way.
11/16/12 6:54 PM
Argo

Hard choice.

GSP out with a very serious injury. Then spends months in rehab on the injury. Then has a normal sized camp for this fight. We'll see pretty quick if GSP really is 100%. (He won't know it until then either)

Condit out for 9 months by choice. Spends months increasing strength and working on his weaknesses with only GSP to concern himself with. Feels he needed the time to be able to beat GSP.

Anyways. If I have to make a call I agree with most. Either a CC finish or a GSP ud.
11/16/12 6:54 PM
Argo

Hard choice.

GSP out with a very serious injury. Then spends months in rehab on the injury. Then has a normal sized camp for this fight. We'll see pretty quick if GSP really is 100%. (He won't know it until then either)

Condit out for 9 months by choice. Spends months increasing strength and working on his weaknesses with only GSP to concern himself with. Feels he needed the time to be able to beat GSP.

Anyways. If I have to make a call I agree with most. Either a CC finish or a GSP ud.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.