11/17/12 12:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fernando Alonso
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome to the UFC Ronda

11/17/12 5:50 PM
shootfightermike
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar - 

11/17/12 6:28 PM
whoabro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustAnotherMMAFan -
Morgz - 

I personally don't think the Cyborg fight with Rhonda will even be close at this point.  Rhonda's striking is improving every time we see her...and her striking only needs to be good enough to get her in a clinch.  Once that happens, Cyborg will be taken down, and submitted.  We've all seen Cyborg on the ground with Gina and with Marloes-- neither of them have anywhere near the devistating ground game that Rhonda has. Yes, the Cyborg fight is the biggest women's fight that can happen, but I think Rhonda breezes through her, and after that, there will be Sara McMann.

Ronda was mounted by Charmaine Tweet, a kickboxer with ZERO ground experience.

Against Marloes, Cyborg NEVER was down, but g'n'ping her from the top.

The only time Cyborg was mounted was against Gina, and that was over 3 years ago, because she tried to suplex her twice and failed.

Plus, there is NOTHING indicating that Ronda is close to Cyborg in terms of striking. And clinching against her might lead Ronda to being kneeled in the face. I assure you Ronda won't muscle her around as she's been doing with others.

That's why this is a great fight. No one knows how it will go.
Fair points but i suspect ronda would muscle cyborg around like she does everyone else-- elite level athletes like her have mat strength that a few cycles of winny just wont give you Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.