UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Couture manager's BMW bursts into flames

11/16/12 3:30 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Randy Couture is thanking his lucky stars, because his manager narrowly dodged a gruesome death this month in L.A., when his BMW spontaneously burst into flames.

Randy's manager Sam Spira tells TMZ, he was driving to a friend's house several days ago when "without any warning, my BMW X6M burst into flames, exploded and was completely totaled."

"I can best describe the event as a very loud bang while going about 10 miles an hour -- there was a speed bump that I slowed down for -- followed by an immediate giant engine malfunction light and flames coming out from the front and under the car."

And if that wasn't scary enough, Sam says his young daughter was in the passenger seat -- and the passenger door wouldn't open. So Sam had to grab his daughter and pull her out the driver's side, burning himself in the process.

Seconds later, Sam says the car exploded and was immediately engulfed in flames. Spira adds, "Had we been traveling on the freeway, we would probably all be dead."

To make matters worse, Spira says his BMW dealership has not yet inspected the car to determine why the engine exploded -- and the BMW corporation is ignoring his phone calls. Spira tells us, he plans to sue if the company doesn't do something soon.

Randy Couture tells TMZ, “I was really shocked to see the pictures and video of my manager’s bad-ass BMW X6M on fire and exploding – a BMW that I drove in many many times.  I am just glad that he and his children got out alive.”

Read entire article...

11/16/12 3:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
X_Rated
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There has to be more to the story. Surely his manager is in debt to the mob or something. I can't think of anything remotely plausible that could cause something like that to happen and I know a fair bit about cars.

Just kidding about Couture's manager. Obviously.

Don't break my legs Phone Post
11/16/12 3:50 PM
Ktaco
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy's action films had to catch up to them sooner or later.
11/16/12 4:15 PM
chaplinshouse
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

watch now someone send his mgr an anonymous note just to F with him.  "i think our point was made.  don't ever put Randy in another movie, he is not an actor.  NEXT time... your family becomes a firework show, ca-peesh?" lol

11/16/12 4:16 PM
chaplinshouse
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -  Little dramatic if you ask me. I've had my car ignite on start up and there's plenty of time to get out of danger. Phone Post

yeah i think he's trying to get PAID from bmw

11/16/12 8:57 PM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never understood the point of the BMW making motosport versions of their SUVs. If you want a sports car, get a fucking fucking sports car.

11/16/12 9:03 PM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almost got him.

Soon...

11/16/12 9:11 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish I had enough money to have a Beemer that would explode on me.

11/16/12 9:18 PM
SSSnakeman
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possibly never had the auxiliary water pump replaced when it was recalled last year for being a fire hazard. Still a pretty surprisingly intense fire.
11/16/12 9:33 PM
Ktaco
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone else keep getting an "error for the scripts on this page" only in this thread?

I think it has to do with the video link.
11/16/12 9:48 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is pretty messed up, that is definitely unusual

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.