UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Need help finding the "Katrina Diary....."

11/16/12 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheHouse
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, I figured someone might have saved the full blog that he had.

This diary was written by a guy named MegaDoom on some survival/zombie forum. It was well written and details his experience as an EMT working during/after Hurricane Katrina.

I found one or two websites that reference his set of forum posts but so far no one has a complete copy. For a while, he had his own blog and the story was posted there but that website seems to have been shut down so I can't even find an email that he might have used. I had the story saved on my computer but that laptop has been giving me problems since the storm passed up here in new york.

I kept a small log of my experiences during Sandy and I wanted to reference some details he used in his log to compare to mine.

This is the first part of his blog. It goes for at least 10 full pages like this. It was really a great read.

http://megadoom911.blogspot.com/2009/08/untold-story-of-katrina-medics.html
11/21/12 3:23 PM
TheHouse
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you. It is not the original one I was looking for but this whole 113 page report/book was unbelievable in bringing you through the reason and actions of the medical/first responders. I spent the last four nights reading it and really just sat amazed at the scope of the problem. In the past I heard "yea, the Superdome had thousands of people showing up...." When they go into detail of the type of medical situations they dealt with it was just amazing.

Thanks a bunch for that link. Better than the one I had originally been looking for.

You're a good egg KVR, I don't care what they all say about you..... (just kidding, you're a legend)
11/17/13 10:03 PM
Rumblefish
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump Phone Post 3.0
11/18/13 1:22 PM
TheHouse

I use that whole Katrina diaries thing as a gut check for "events" like hurricane sandy.

I had 100 gallons of fuel at my warehouse on Long Island and we luckily coasted through that issue. Long read but incredible information. Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 1:12 AM
Rumblefish
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.