UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MiddleEasy teams up with TapouT & Evan Tanner Film

11/16/12 3:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LayzieTheSavage
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer

Ever wonder what it takes to become a MMA champion? To fully realize the dream … the commitment, the endurance ... and the never ending belief in yourself that yes … you have what it takes? Here’s your chance!Tapout Films in association with Tough Crowd Productions announce the release of Once I Was A Champion, the real life story about MMA & UFC Champion, Evan Tanner, a new film coming to Pay-Per-View on Friday, December 28th, 2012 at 9 PM.

Ahead of the premiere, the film’s producers present the “Win a Day in the Life of an MMA Champion” Sweepstakes! One lucky winner will be flown to Las Vegas, Nevada to get an exclusive coaching session from a MMA fighter; attend Tapout’s movie premiere party; and sit ringside with Tapout President and Co-Founder,Dan “Punkass” Caldwell, at the Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II UFC Fight on Saturday, December 29th, 2012 at theMGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas!

Coming to Pay-Per-View – Friday December 28th at 9PM

Tapout Films and Tough Crowd Productions invite you re-live the amazing life of Evan Tanner: MMA Champion, UFC Champion, and inspiration to fighters around the world. Once I Was A Champion is the exciting and moving story of the iconic fighter who died in 2008 at the age of 37. “Evan’s life was incredibly complex, filled with extreme highs and lows,” says film producer, Kirk Porter. “He inspired a generation of MMA fighters around the world with his writings and his never-ending belief that one person can change the world.” Once I Was A Champion includes never-before-released fight scenes; features Dana WhiteBas Rutten, Chael SonnenForrest Griffin, and more! “We are very excited for the December release of our film.”

Enter the “Win a Day in the Life of an MMA Champion” Sweepstakes Between November 13th, 2012 and December 13th, 2012

“This Sweepstakes is the opportunity of a lifetime,” says Tapout President and Co-Founder, Dan “Punkass” Caldwell. For every person training right now in front of a mirror … lifting weights … punching the bag … kicking the bag … wanting and dreaming of hanging with real MMA fighters – here’s your chance! Learn from the best, hang with the Tapout crew, and live the life of an MMA Champion!” “I wish I could enter!” says Dan March, President and head of Digital Distribution at Echo Bridge Entertainment International, the film’s distributor. “We are very excited about the Pay-Per-View premiere. MMA fans are going to love the movie and see what a true champion Evan Tanner was.”

Enter at Facebook.com/OnceIWasAChampion and also enter by texting CHAMPION to 21970 from your mobile phone!

11/16/12 3:44 PM
LayzieTheSavage
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/12 9:33 PM

www.middleeasy.com - because MMA is everything...

11/16/12 4:03 PM
Golden Boy
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/16/12 4:36 PM
cmfc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/16/12 5:53 PM
LayzieTheSavage

Edited: 11/29/12 9:34 PM

ttt

11/16/12 6:17 PM
Juggernautt
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
11/16/12 6:20 PM
the geek
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contest not open to Canadians :-(

But I can't wait to order the movie, been waiting a long time and it looks so good. If the trailer had my eyes getting "wet" the movie should generate a pretty powerful emotional reaction.

Cheers
11/16/12 10:01 PM
LayzieTheSavage

Edited: 11/24/12 11:59 PM

TTT

11/16/12 10:25 PM
McGruff The Crime Hog
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
11/19/12 12:35 AM
LayzieTheSavage

Ttt Phone Post
11/19/12 2:06 AM
mixedmartialfarts
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT. Can't wait to finally see this movie (rocking the yearly Tanner beard until Dec 28th!) Phone Post
11/19/12 3:45 AM
Tap In
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They get jealous when they see you on your mobile phone
11/20/12 1:06 PM
LayzieTheSavage

mixedmartialfarts - TTT. Can't wait to finally see this movie (rocking the yearly Tanner beard until Dec 28th!) Phone Post
Didn't I meet you somewhere? Phone Post
11/20/12 1:09 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
11/20/12 9:25 PM
mixedmartialfarts
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LayzieTheSavage -
mixedmartialfarts - TTT. Can't wait to finally see this movie (rocking the yearly Tanner beard until Dec 28th!) Phone Post
Didn't I meet you somewhere? Phone Post
Haha yeah outside on some random street after the strikeforce heavyweight GP finals. You and rousey were cool as hell and snapped a pic with my drunk ass! Phone Post
11/21/12 4:47 PM
mixedmartialfarts

TTTanner

11/25/12 12:00 AM
LayzieTheSavage

Hahah, nice. 

Where's the pic at?!

11/25/12 1:49 AM
Tat2tillidie
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks layzie I liked the Facebook page ...

Can't wait to see the movie ... Phone Post
11/29/12 9:35 PM
LayzieTheSavage

Tat2tillidie -  Thanks layzie I liked the Facebook page ...

Can't wait to see the movie ... Phone Post

It is amazing. 

11/29/12 11:18 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can NOT fucking wait Phone Post
11/29/12 11:37 PM
LayzieTheSavage

TheMastro - Evan Tanner was my first favorite fighter. I always respected him for the way he carried himself. Guy was a class act. Phone Post
He was my father and I's favorite fighter. We always rooted for opposites, but not when Tanner was fighting. Phone Post
12/3/12 12:40 PM
LayzieTheSavage

ttt

12/3/12 1:38 PM
mixedmartialfarts

LayzieTheSavage - 

Hahah, nice. 

Where's the pic at?!

Sorry didn't see this message until today!  We killed the battery on our camera so my wife took this pic with my old phone that didn't have a flash... turned out pretty shitty and blurry but the picture still cracks me up.

Good times!

12/3/12 1:50 PM
gooddoc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/03/12 1:50 PM
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I watched the trailer and I was wondering what the story was with Chael's comments. I am a Chael fan, but everyone was so positive about this guy and that comment about his intelligence seemed out of place. Is it taken out of context? what else did he say? Were they not friends?

Someone enlighten me.
12/3/12 2:03 PM
mixedmartialfarts

gooddoc - I'm sure this has been covered before, but I watched the trailer and I was wondering what the story was with Chael's comments. I am a Chael fan, but everyone was so positive about this guy and that comment about his intelligence seemed out of place. Is it taken out of context? what else did he say? Were they not friends?

Someone enlighten me.

I wondered the same thing when I first saw that clip, but I'm guessing by his "intelligent" comments that he's meaning that he doesn't think Evan was "all there" towards the end of his life.  They definitely had a falling out though because I've seen other clips where Sonnen talks about Evan always being on myspace and not being a responsible adult and answering phone calls.

I don't know a whole lot about it but the impression I got in the clips that I've seen online is that Sonnen and Tanner grew apart when Evan was really struggling in life.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.