UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Very underwhelmed by this years "holiday" games

11/16/12 4:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rightious K
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am very underwhelmed by this years holiday game releases. whats worse is I am a fan of all these series and gaming in general it just feels like we are taking massive steps backwards.

RE6-was utter garbage that failed to accomplish much of anything other than making playing video games as enjoyable as mowing my lawn. poor execution all around.

AC3-Is an astoundingly beautiful game. but some design and story choices cripple it. Story pacing and relate-ability become an issue, guards seem to spawn and attack at random. crafting system has some major flaws.

COD BO2- I know, I know, fool me once...but this version of the game is just terrible. Zombies is the same broken system tied together by some flimsy story. here is a thought, how bout a zombie mode where i chose my load out in modern arms and slaughter hoards of zombies...sounds pretty fun to me.

Multiplayer is completely broken, lag issues, horrible maps, unbalanced EVERYTHING and dolphin diving...how fun. Also if all I can see is your head you should not be allowed to see and shoot me, its called perspective fuckheads.

oddly the campaign is the best part of this game and its nothing worth yelling about.

What do you guys think, I am going to try Halo 4 next...
11/16/12 4:49 PM
Adam588
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Umm hitman, far cry, xcom is badass Phone Post
11/16/12 10:42 PM
Rightious K
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xcom was bad-ass just still so buggy with line of sight and clipping issues...

cant wait for Hitman.
11/16/12 11:00 PM
omgjoshjames
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Halo and Dishonored are both good. Hitman looks really good. But overall I agree. IMO gaming in general has been pretty average this year. E3 was awful. Phone Post
11/16/12 11:47 PM
Adam588
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DayZ standalone Phone Post
11/17/12 2:02 AM
Flexo
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya COD is fucked for the exact reasons you listed, nothing bew there. Amazes me how after all of these years they can't seem to make a gsme that works. Phone Post
11/17/12 11:16 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X-Com

Dishonored

Halo 4

Hitman on the way

Far Cry 3 on the way

11/17/12 1:31 PM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/23/12 8:43 PM
Looks like Halo 4 and Dishonored are the two elite games of the year, so far, with AC III not that far behind. Maybe Wii U?
11/17/12 6:30 PM
Yossarian
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wii u comes out tomorrow along with the new Mario game and Zombi U. Can't wait. Phone Post
11/17/12 11:38 PM
MixedMartialArse
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yossarian - Wii u comes out tomorrow along with the new Mario game and Zombi U. Can't wait. Phone Post
30th in Australia. I preordered with Mario and Arkham City. I deliberately waited for Batman so I'm pumped. Phone Post
11/18/12 12:36 PM
raoulDuke

Adam588 -  DayZ standalone Phone Post

seriously cannot believe they havent jumped at the chance to port this as quickly as possible to consoles. i know arma2 is hard to run cause of its bad programming..but ive seen the graphics and theyre laughable....surely this would be a quick fix for most of these uber-talented development teams?

at the very least, how has there not been an open world/multiplayer zombie ripoff for consoles? seems so simple and easy...yet it still does not exist
11/19/12 12:12 PM
WallaWalla
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a halo fanboy so this might be biased... But it's a great game, I like the campaign so far. Multiplayer is great, the hit registration online is there. Decent out of the box multiplayer maps. I'm happy with the direction 343 has takin it... It's like they heard the complaints of halo reach and fixed a lot of issues..

Haven't had this much fun playin halo since halo2 - early halo 3 days...

My roommate has blops2 and I gave it a try late Friday night... Same old shit. I feel sorry for anybody who wasted 60$ on that game....

Scratch that I don't feel sorry...

Anyways. If you like the halo franchise then h4 won't disappoint Phone Post
11/19/12 12:20 PM
orcus

"at the very least, how has there not been an open world/multiplayer zombie ripoff for consoles? seems so simple and easy...yet it still does not exist"

Dead Island?

11/19/12 2:26 PM
Death and Taxes
1232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last holiday season had so much. This holiday season is decent. I woouldn't call it underwhelming though.

11/19/12 8:55 PM
Yossarian
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

"at the very least, how has there not been an open world/multiplayer zombie ripoff for consoles? seems so simple and easy...yet it still does not exist"

Dead Island?

I played all the way through dead island.... It wasnt very scary or survival-ish IMO. Phone Post
11/19/12 11:35 PM
Granpa
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/19/12 11:36 PM
I loved AC3 and Halo 4. Black Ops feels like a smelly old pair of shoes; you remember how great they once were, but f*ck it, it's time for new shoes. I don't expect anything resembling quality from any Japanese developer these days, so no surprise RE6 was vomit wrapped in a shit blanket.

Dishonored was also a pleasant surprise, all in all, I can't say I was disappointed. New Bioshock still on the horizon too, can't forget that one.
11/20/12 3:12 AM
Rip0ste
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dishonored is great. AC3 looks like its good if on sale, and if you haven't played Borderlands 2 yet, it's inexpensive and super fun.

I'm really looking forward to Bioshock Infinite. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:05 AM
MMAxNate
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

abi - just beat dishonored lastnight.zero replayability though..no bonuses on beating it..great game though if you havent played it yet... Phone Post
So its a rental? Hrs to finish? Phone Post
11/20/12 6:08 AM
MMAxNate
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

raoulDuke -
Adam588 -  DayZ standalone Phone Post

seriously cannot believe they havent jumped at the chance to port this as quickly as possible to consoles. i know arma2 is hard to run cause of its bad programming..but ive seen the graphics and theyre laughable....surely this would be a quick fix for most of these uber-talented development teams?

at the very least, how has there not been an open world/multiplayer zombie ripoff for consoles? seems so simple and easy...yet it still does not exist
That would be awesome. Yeah arma graphics look worse than cs pre source almost. Yet it takes a serious rig to play it. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:28 AM
Adam588

Goes to show graphics don't make a game good Phone Post
11/21/12 5:05 PM
pigpen

Borderlands 2 is fun.

Dishonored was fun...yeah, maybe a rental, but you can play it many different ways, so it depends.

Waiting to see Far Cry 3.

Have we had great years every other year? I know 2011 was good, 2012 wasn't great. How were the years before?
11/22/12 1:12 AM
Mitey Mouze
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

abi - just beat dishonored lastnight.zero replayability though..no bonuses on beating it..great game though if you havent played it yet... Phone Post
That's interesting that you'd say that... This was one of the only games that I've played more than once. It was cool to see the different play styles...sneaking, killer, good guy...not a big difference in endings, but lots if fun. I highly recommend this game for those who haven't played it. Phone Post
11/22/12 1:23 AM
orcus

Far Cry 3 is getting great reviews including a 10/10 from Eurogamer. Looks fun as hell.

11/22/12 11:46 AM
rookie29

Nintendo is releasing a brand new console. This Xmas can't be that bad. Phone Post
11/22/12 12:14 PM
orcus

rookie29 -  Nintendo is releasing a brand new console. This Xmas can't be that bad. Phone Post

It came out four days ago.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.