UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Very underwhelmed by this years "holiday" games

11/22/12 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to get Dishonored. That was a very, very good game.
11/23/12 10:07 PM
Rightious K
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dishonored was a great three days but I could not bring myself to replay it.

Halo 4 was great until the "ancient alien guy" appeared. the game looks and feels great however
11/24/12 2:08 PM
invalid
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2012 hasn't been a very good year for gaming
11/24/12 3:48 PM
rookie29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -
rookie29 -  Nintendo is releasing a brand new console. This Xmas can't be that bad. Phone Post

It came out four days ago.

November still counts as the "Christmas Season". Phone Post
11/24/12 7:27 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Far Cry 3 has gotten outstanding reviews. 89% on Metacritic. 
Eurogamer: 10/10, IGN: 9/10, PC Gamer: 89%...

I only played the first game in the series, loved it, I am definitely picking up the third.

If you are disappointed with the games released lately, how about going back and replaying an older game?

ex. I recently found a mod for Minecraft called Feed The Beast, and it has completely refueled mine and my friends' love for the game, we're going all out in that game now. Check it out.

I play through Doom 2 like every couple of years, might be time for that ;)

Also, if you were around for the Amiga-days, how about getting an emulator, and a retro USB joystick and crank on a classic like Chaos Engine? I've been known to do that ;)

11/26/12 8:42 AM
redeye2000

i agree games have been terrible this year. worst gaming year ever.

every game i played was a huge dissapointment. like no progress is made at all.

like your stuck in a twilight zone were everything gets repeated.

i really want a new console fast. with better graphics, better gameplay mechanics.

and that joystick that has been posted above rules. if your left handed it works great and if your right handed as well.

god do i miss the days of amiga, super nintendo, c64. sure graphics were not the best. but the atmosphere was so much better. fuck even elite on the c64 was 100 millions times better then all the sci fi games we have now.

were is the next gen wing commander? that game was amazing for its time.

11/26/12 10:31 AM
invalid
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Farcry 2 was given a 9/10 and it was friggin terrible
11/26/12 8:01 PM
DontBeScaredGomi
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U really dont like Tranzit? So many Easter eggs is awesome Phone Post
11/26/12 9:45 PM
Bry Bry

i have bought a few games, only one i found really enjoyable is Borderlands 2..

what kind of gameplay mechanics do you guys want to see?what kind of games?what can they do that is going to surprise us or shock us??i dont care about graphics that much as ive had much more fun playing arcade games like toy Soldiers, plants vs Zombies than i have big blockbusters with great graphics..
11/26/12 11:43 PM
Gracie killar
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ordered Dishonored from gamestop on Black Friday looking forward to getting it this week.
11/27/12 1:30 AM
orcus

"were is the next gen wing commander? that game was amazing for its time."

It's right here, mark your calendar for 2014: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

Me, I'm still toiling through Mass Effect 3. Played some of Lego LotR and really enjoyed it, it's just oozing charm. Same for Scribblenauts Unlimited. Loved Halo 4 of course, even if it is more of the same (with better graphics) and still pick it up for some quick multi a few times a week. Borderlands 2 is fun with friends as expected (although again, not because of anything special about the totally mediocre gameplay itself). 

No interest in AC3, it looks terrible. Psyched for Far Cry 3, looks really fun. Haven't tried Dishonored, XCOM, or Hitman yet. Also going to try a co-op puzzle platformer called PiD that I like the look of.

11/27/12 2:07 AM
ClevelandCursed
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Picked up Mass Effect 3 back in July when it dropped to 20 bucks. Played the MP pretty consistently till a week or so ago when I decided to move on to the Single Player. Enjoying it so far, but I'm a fan of the series. Was really impressed by the multiplayer and how much I got sucked into it.

Im a cheap gamer though, I rarely pick anything up full price unless its for my step-son. See: Giant pile of Skylanders

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.