UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lawlor's "Trip": Greatest moment EVER- weigh in.

11/16/12 5:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His weigh ins are usually note worthy, but this one was SO OBSCURE, but i loved it. I literally laughed for about 15 seconds, which most comedies don't make me do. Thanks Tom, that was flat out awesome!!!
Everything was so dead on. Even Rogan's introduction.
The shockmaster has been immortalized in MMA.
11/16/12 5:12 PM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know threads have already been made, but I had to make mine so Tom can see it and know he was legendary tonight!
11/16/12 5:17 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obscure?

No.

I'm pretty sure other than donning blackface and walking out to "Grab Them Cakes" that Lawlor is nearly out of pro wrestling gimmicks to use for weigh-ins or walk outs.

What's sad is that WrestleCrap from the 90s is considered awesome in MMA in 2012.

The Shockmaster has been lampooned so many times I'm surprised this joke still has legs but I guess the few that never knew it existed are thinking Tom created this one entirely.

Doing The Shockmaster exactly as it has been done before in countless parodies (even WWE parodied it on RAW) just isn't creative.

Here is to hoping the next one is actually fresh.

But if you like old jokes, maybe Tom can smash watermelons and weigh in as Gallagher.

Or yell "I'm Rick James bitch".

I mean, those are fresh and not at all hack or worn out yet.

It does make sense now why so many MMA fans think Chael's promos are original.

They weren't watching wrestling to see them done the first time. Phone Post
11/16/12 5:18 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doing The Shockmaster is obscure as planking or talking like Borat. Phone Post
11/16/12 5:19 PM
calgarymma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe you have understated how great that moment was ..... That was the Greatest Moment in UFC History !!!! Not just weigh in history
11/16/12 5:41 PM
Tom Lawlor
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Obscure?

No.

I'm pretty sure other than donning blackface and walking out to "Grab Them Cakes" that Lawlor is nearly out of pro wrestling gimmicks to use for weigh-ins or walk outs.

What's sad is that WrestleCrap from the 90s is considered awesome in MMA in 2012.

The Shockmaster has been lampooned so many times I'm surprised this joke still has legs but I guess the few that never knew it existed are thinking Tom created this one entirely.

Doing The Shockmaster exactly as it has been done before in countless parodies (even WWE parodied it on RAW) just isn't creative.

But if you like old jokes, maybe Tom can smash watermelons and weigh in as Gallagher.

thanks, I kind of like the Gallagher idea

11/16/12 5:44 PM
1nto_the_ether
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought tom came out as chad griggs with a helmet
11/16/12 6:35 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1nto_the_ether - i thought tom came out as chad griggs with a helmet

LOL!  Dem Chops!

11/16/12 8:36 PM
jaytrainwreck
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Obscure?

No.

Someone is a negative nancy, however, I thought Lawler's entrance was hilarious. Phone Post
11/16/12 8:39 PM
ranier wolfcastle
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/16/12 9:00 PM
UGCTT_Pariah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor -

No.

Spoiler alert for the next weigh-in!

I don't see the problem with the wrestling-style weigh-ins, the 90s were the best time for wrestling and I (as well as many other UGers, I'm sure) grew up watching wrestling during that time. Shockmaster was hilarious!

The Genki Sudo/Buckethead one is still my favorite though Phone Post
11/16/12 9:00 PM
The Mongoose
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor -

No.

POWNED!! Phone Post
11/16/12 9:01 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1nto_the_ether - i thought tom came out as chad griggs with a helmet

hahahaha. VTFU
11/16/12 9:05 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see Tom enter the weigh-ins with expensive suit and grey toupé doing the VINCE MCMAHON SWAGGER... and then grab the mic of Rogan and tell his opponent "Youuuurrrre Firrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeed!"

11/16/12 9:14 PM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/20/12 2:38 PM
McLeod

Everybody keeps saying this was not very obscure. Where, outside of professional wrestling, has this been parodied? Because obscure in ProWrestling is not what I'm referring to. I'm referring to the 20 something people I was watching it with prior to the fight, all of whom (save 1) never watched wrestling.
They all had no idea. I'd say it's obscure if you're just an MMA/BJJ fan.
11/20/12 4:49 PM
Zapruder
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor - 

No.

lol that is what I thought when I read it too
11/20/12 6:18 PM
Couldabeen
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next time around, I would like to see a large egg get wheeled out to the weigh in podium, Rogan do his best Mean Gene Okerlund impersonation and ruminate on what possibly could come out of it... Then Lawlor in the Gobbledygooker costume breaks on through to the raucous laughter of the few of us who remember that abortion and the derision of serious MMA fans who have no sense of pageantry and would like to see stone faced fighters in plain trunks facing off with no expression or emotion shown....

Either that or blatantly steal the Undertakers entrance... That would rock Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.