UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Going to Thailand AMA and TME

1/30/13 11:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Random Moniker
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet!
2/1/13 1:37 PM
CWolvie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do you guys have any suggestions for places that I MUST goto that are off the beaten backpackers trek? Like I hear Ko Lao is pretty undiscovered and there isn't that much there, but that it is paradise.
2/2/13 1:51 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galt - Apparently there's some place with a mex and tequila buffe for 899 baht
So 899 baht for unlimited Mexican food and drinks? For the duration of the Superbowl? I might be down. Location? Name?
2/2/13 2:01 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am flying to Cebu City on the 15th. Gonna stay for 21 days. Maybe I will like Cebu better than BK... don't know!

I am overstaying my Visa for 2 days, so I can get my little farang some extra-special treatment on Valentine's Day. Gonna take this girl to see that zombie movie Warm Bodies.
2/3/13 9:58 PM
BrunoMcGyver
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fell off my scooter yesterday trying to do a U-turn on some street a few kilometres outside of Pai. Was halfway through the turn when I accelerated too much, lost control and went off the road. I was thrown into some bushes but it wasn't too serious as I was only going like 15kmh.

Still though, the top half of my right leg got pretty fucking swollen and hurts like fuck to walk on. No bruising whatsoever though, which is confusing to me. I was expecting to wake up looking like Urijah Faber after the Aldo fight. Just swollen with no bruises or scratches.

No training for me for at least the next day or two :(
2/4/13 1:42 AM
soreshins
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galt - Take it easy with the bikes dude, many are the white men who had to cut their training short.
Too true. Seen many friends get a Thai tattoo and end up going home early. Wear a helmet and take it easy Phone Post
2/4/13 9:13 PM
BrunoMcGyver
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeh I've been good so far. It was more just a rookie mistake going to liberal on the accelerator on the turn :(

Leg's feeling a bit better today. Got some pills for it and been using my hand wraps as a compressor lol. Hopefully its better enough to go back to training tomorrow afternoon!
2/5/13 3:27 PM
Z
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any hostel recommendations for Bangkok? I'll be staying there for two days before I fly into Laos.
2/8/13 6:42 AM
Windfall

A friend of mine works at a hostel, but she doesn't claim to have great prices... although she could get you your own room for $30 I think.
http://www.etzhostel.com/

Check out my Thai!
gao san gao moon gao pan gao rrroi gao sip gao !

Although, she (my eager teacher) is not the greatest annunciator of "R"s...
http://www.knowphuket.com/thai_language/L09_numbers.htm
2/8/13 9:43 PM
BrunoMcGyver

managed to go back to training on thursday, even though my quad was still a bit sore. got thru it ok but the quads still hurting a bit. im gonna try go back this arvo since theres usually a bbq afterwards every saturday. meh ???lol
2/8/13 10:37 PM
Windfall

I am doing quite well in this thread:
Gonna give girl 1st orgasm for Valentine's D (pics

By 'doing quite well' I mean... everyone is having a good laugh at me smashing '12 yr old boys'... and/or trannys.
2/9/13 12:01 AM
Ham and Egger
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - managed to go back to training on thursday, even though my quad was still a bit sore. got thru it ok but the quads still hurting a bit. im gonna try go back this arvo since theres usually a bbq afterwards every saturday. meh ???lol

I want details on the BBQ. I miss Thailand.
2/9/13 1:15 AM
Windfall

Galt - Yo Windfall, looks like I'm about to be single so I am gonna wild it each time they lol.

Well I leave for Cebu on Friday... so I won't be able to tag team any trannys for awhile.

And just before Valentine's Day? Is she booting you out? Or are you booting her out?
2/9/13 2:40 AM
BrunoMcGyver

Ham and Egger - 
BrunoMcGyver - managed to go back to training on thursday, even though my quad was still a bit sore. got thru it ok but the quads still hurting a bit. im gonna try go back this arvo since theres usually a bbq afterwards every saturday. meh ???lol

They usually have a bbq at the gym every Saturday night if someone who's been there for over a month is leaving, which tends to be every weekend.

Everyone just chucks in 100 baht and they get shitloads of chicken, meat on sticks and heaps of other nice shit and bbq it up at the gym. the trainers and some of us students play cash games of poker and others just mingle until the food is gone and someone suggests a bar to continue the party at. it's pretty fun.

although i've decided i won't go today because the quad's bugging me pretty fucking bad. i'm thinking about even stopping training early and just keep backpacking again. sucks if i throw it in, but i did it for a week and a half, which was enough to realise that, while a great experience, i don't have the talent needed to fight hahaha
2/9/13 4:15 PM
Ham and Egger
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - 
Ham and Egger - 

They usually have a bbq at the gym every Saturday night if someone who's been there for over a month is leaving, which tends to be every weekend.

Everyone just chucks in 100 baht and they get shitloads of chicken, meat on sticks and heaps of other nice shit and bbq it up at the gym. the trainers and some of us students play cash games of poker and others just mingle until the food is gone and someone suggests a bar to continue the party at. it's pretty fun.

although i've decided i won't go today because the quad's bugging me pretty fucking bad. i'm thinking about even stopping training early and just keep backpacking again. sucks if i throw it in, but i did it for a week and a half, which was enough to realise that, while a great experience, i don't have the talent needed to fight hahaha

Sounds awesome. Dont be discouraged.
2/9/13 9:58 PM
BrunoMcGyver

True. Might get a massage for my quad to see if that makes any difference. Fingers crossed.

Didn't go to training but went to the bbq lol. Ended up going to practically every bar in Pai til 4am. Best thing about this place is I've yet to see one douchebag in the 2 weeks I've been here. Everyone's so chilled its awesome.
2/10/13 10:42 PM
Z
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the recommendation Windfall. Going to check it out.

Z
2/11/13 6:49 AM
Windfall

Galt - She's back in, but not for long I think.

Facebook - "Galt" is engaged

You don't say?
2/11/13 7:49 AM
Windfall

I just had my teeth cleaned at DentaHouse on Soi 22. The dentist marveled at how well I clean them (this is accurate) and he said there is only plaque on the inside-bottom gums/teeth (accurate). Said he will only charge me 200 baht, including flouride treatment. My god this Thailand.

What can I do with this 20k baht?

I don't want any bar slag... how can I get two 18 yr old University girls to take turns licking my sack until I 1-man bukkake their lovely faces?
2/13/13 1:32 PM
CWolvie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey BrunoMcGyver ,
how is Pai? Since reading this thread, i've thought about going to pai. Where are you training? And are you taking malaria tablets in that area? Or do they just have the mosquito nets style shit?
2/13/13 10:04 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Hi CWolvie!

Pai's great hey, quite an awesome place. It's not authentic Thailand, but it's got it's own vibe going on. I love it, and most people do. It's a really chilled place where most of the bars play reggae. My hangout though, a place called Blah Blah, plays punk. I go there because the booze is the cheapest lol and the guy who runs it is the shit.

You will have a better trip if you hire a bike though, it opens up the countryside (which has heaps of nice temples, hot springs, waterfalls etc.) which makes it so much better.

I was training at Charn Chai Muay Thai. I've since stopped because I had a bike accident which messed my right quadriceps up. Shit happens. I'm just living at bars now lol still awesome!

But it's a great gym. The head trainer/owner is a guy called Bee, who was #1 in Lumpini and Rajamadern (spelling?) in the late 90s. He's also trained at Mike's Gym with Gilbert Yvel, Melvin Manhoef and the like. He's a TOP-NOTCH trainer and an awesome guy. There are about 4-5 other trainers who are also great. They push you hard but do it for your benefit. Because Pai's so chilled and hippie-like, there are no douchebags at all at the gym. All the ppl I've met there are great people. I enthusiastically recommend it to anyone.

I haven't used tablets at all. I've been quite lucky with the mossies, not lucky with anything else though lol. Chased by dogs, bike accident, lost bankcard, rash on my foot (from band-aids). Hahaha still though, I'm having a great time, that's all because of the atmosphere in Pai and the great people who are here.

2/14/13 4:08 PM
CWolvie

based on the use of the word mozzies, i'm taking you're australian?

Only reason why i say that is because I'm looking at tourist visas and shit. I don't like the idea of doing border runs every 15 days. Did you get the multi-entry tourist visa that's for commonwealth nations?

Also, that sucks bro. How much do the bikes go for? And how did you get there? Did you fly into bangkok...take a train to chang mai and then head to pai after?

Only reason why i ask is because i'm curious about funds. I'm going to be a little low after training in the US before i head to thailand.

2/14/13 10:55 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Yup, Australian. I got a single entry tourist visa for 60 days. Def more convenient! Fuck wasting time on border runs.

Im renting a crappy lil scooter or 1500 baht a month plus 500 baht damage insurance (enthusiastically recommend this). It costs about 100 baht to fill a tank.

I flew from Perth, where I live, to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and onto Chiang Mai from there. Most peopl Ive met in Pai did what you said though, Bangkok then train to CM then bus or bike to Pai.

Id save a few grand in funds if I were you. Life here is cheap, but spending seems to be less disciplined because of it. Since Im not training, Im EASILY blowing 900 baht a day, about half of that being at bars.

2/14/13 11:38 PM
alvo69

latr
2/18/13 10:26 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Made out with a chick for the first time in like fuckin ages last night. 20 year old Dutch chick. We were both drunk as fuck. Was alright. Thank you Thailand. I promise next time I'll go the full way. :D :D

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.