UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Going to Thailand AMA and TME

2/18/13 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
soreshins
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just booked for couple weeks at the end of March. Going back to Phuket as we always train down at Sinbi gym. Can't wait to get back but only have 30 days to get in a bit better shape! Phone Post
2/18/13 10:33 PM
BrunoMcGyver
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice man! Heard awesome things about Sinbi. Hope ya have a kick arse time!!

2/21/13 2:15 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cebu City is so different than Bangkok... been here like 5/6 days now... the girls all love Whitey here... and all speak English.

But its so small here. Every girl knows every other girl. It's like high school.

Not sure what I think so far... Bangkok is so epic... but dating, and putting my penis inside of things, is so easy here.
2/21/13 3:40 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no intention of ever doing that. You gotta come to where I know I won't get knives or bottles plunged into my precious lily-white flesh.

Being that you work at Asok... this should not be difficult.
2/21/13 9:12 PM
BrunoMcGyver
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went caving in Pamgmapha yesterday. Most epic day ever. Truly magical.

2/21/13 9:26 PM
temp226208
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got back from a month in SE Asia.

As far as Thailand, Koh Tao was a definite highlight.
3/7/13 1:08 PM
Windfall

So I leave Thailand, and this thread dies...

I just got back from 21 days in Cebu City, PI... I have to be honest, I am going to have a hard time justifying staying in Bangkok now.

The Visa/border-hop bullshit in Thailand is almost a deal breaker in and of itself...

Throw in... for Cebu... superior weather (5-10 degrees cooler on any given day), all girls speak English, cheaper beer/taxis, did I mention PI girls love white cock?

Literally every foreigner I met in Cebu has a business, or is there to start a business, and/or owns property... things that are absurdly difficult for a foreigner in Thailand. Foreigners are, ultimately, just not all that welcome in Thailand.

I got a tour of some resort condos that are in development in Cebu, and I am very very interested... pimp studio in the nicest location... with a view, pools, gym, security, etc, 68k (usd) over 8 years... or 58k up front... to live in paradise.
3/7/13 1:25 PM
Windfall

Edited: 03/07/13 1:29 PM
Anyway, I flew in tonight... a few days ago I got denied a 60-day Visa at the Thai Consulate in Cebu... because I did not have a copy of my plane ticket, and 'proof' of where I would live in Bangkok... (WTF Thailand!!!).

To extend your PI Visa... walk across the street to the mall, or go into the local immigration bureau. No border-hopping. No bullshit.

It was 50/50 whether I was going to go to the airport today... but I am here for at least 30 days... gonna get a root canal, maybe a couple wisdom teeth pulled... maybe some shirts tailored... maybe bareback a couple trannys with Galt... not sure I will stay more than 30 days, if the spirit of PI is calling me.
3/7/13 2:35 PM
soreshins
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds awesome. I've started learning Filipino stick fighting (Arnis) so this is next on my list of places to go. Phone Post
3/7/13 3:07 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't pay for sex. Simply offer a shower and some food then claim you have no cash. Some like to watch some tv. Phone Post
3/8/13 2:37 AM
Windfall

Text me when/where you're at (I presume somewhere near Asok?)
3/8/13 3:05 AM
Josh Balis
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ummmm did i not tell you getting a visa would be harder since you overstayed.....fuck its not like its job or anything

3/8/13 3:59 AM
Windfall

Josh Balis - 

ummmm did i not tell you getting a visa would be harder since you overstayed.....fuck its not like its job or anything

My overstay was irrelevant... they wanted a 'copy' of my plane ticket, and 'proof' of my residence on Bangkok.

Which is cute, because when people hop to Laos... no one brings any of these things...? The consulate was impossible to contact, no working phone number, and they are open about 3 hours a day... but the guy is looking at me like I should have known to bring these.

Whatever, the Thai officers can act like they are doing me some favor... bro... I'm trying to pay you a bunch of money, so that I can enter your country, and spend <b>more money</b>. That's it. But, pls... be hard asses about it.

I'll keep my shit in PI!
3/8/13 4:21 AM
Josh Balis
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you seem to forget that we reject 95% of thai visa apps to the USA at 150 a pop......

and the closer you are to thailand the harder it gets to get a visa.  you are applying to come stay in thier country so ya he is kinda doing you a favor......do you think we should hand out visa's for america with no ticket home? no place to live? just wondering?

Getting a visa here is rally easy just do the shit they ask for and not an issue..

http://thailand.travisa.com/TVSVisaInstructions.aspx?CountryID=TH&&PartnerID=TA&GLID=AUS&CitizenshipID=US

josh

3/8/13 4:44 AM
Windfall

Edited: 03/08/13 4:46 AM
we reject 95% of thai visa apps to the USA at 150 a pop......

USA has to be concerned about foreigners coming in to leech off the system.
do you think we should hand out visa's for america with no ticket home? no place to live? just wondering?

Yes. Opposite end of the spectrum - a 3rd world country should let in an American... virtually uninhibited.

BTW, at this time, I have no plane ticket to exit Thailand... nor have I *ever* had one upon arrival. Why is it OK to let me in at the airport, but not OK to pre-approve me for a slightly longer visa?

Getting a visa here is rally easy

I am not saying it is hard to step in to Thailand... my first post only complains of the border-hopping nonsense that Thailand forces foreigners to put up with.

And how about property ownership? Business ownership?

Are you really contending that Thailand is *welcoming* to foreigners...?
3/8/13 4:53 AM
Windfall

BTW, 5 weeks ago, on my bus hop to Cambodia, 2 of the 10 or so people on the bus were *married*.

MARRIED to a Thai - and still sitting a bus to Cambodia... you wouldn't find this insulting??
3/8/13 5:20 AM
Josh Balis

I find it insulting they are so stupid they dont just get a marraige licence and go to a immigration office and get a NON-O visa for 150 bucks.

Countries are divided into catagorys in terms of what they need to do to get a visa (not pratical for 250+ different rules) I would not say providing a out going plane ticket as well as where you are going to stay in the country is asking a lot.....

if you notice on your immigration card the give you on the plane requires departure information, if they enforce this or not appears to be optional but it is officially required.

yes americans can own a business here ....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Amity_and_Economic_Relations_(Thailand%E2%80%93United_States)

you cant own land here, but you cant own it in PI either or mexico for that matter(common in most 3rd world places for obvious reasons)......if you get married to a thai national there is a path to citizenship and land ownership if you wish to take it (you will loose you US one) but yes you can patriate here if you so choose to, just as Thai's become US citizens

I can promise you getting a work visa here is a lot easier then getting one for the EU or even Canada

how long do you want thailand to give you? work visa on arrival? stay as long as you like visa?

so ya all in all I would say thailand is pretty welcoming, visa for 30 on arrival, easy access to a long stay visa, can own a company, can buy a condo, get a licence, go to school, fair ammount of english spoken, can buy a car....what more do you want?

3/8/13 5:50 AM
Windfall

^ Well I think your phone died...

We will talk about this Biz Visa...

and/or maybe you know some senator's daughters for me.
3/8/13 9:32 AM
Josh Balis

i  would recommend the town or place where they are offering you a job

3/12/13 9:03 PM
Josh Balis

chiang mai.....and do everything you canto get your job first and your visa.....if you are not here on a Non-B visa and you do get a job you need to leave the country to get the right visa and come back....not always easy...ask windfall....

3/12/13 9:34 PM
soreshins

chllr -
WhoppersJr -
chllr - 
Josh Balis - 

i  would recommend the town or place where they are offering you a job

I've looked at vacancies online and there seems to be plenty of jobs to apply for all over the country. I have the qualifications but I'm still in the process of saving. I don't know which places are shit holes and which are awesome. Hence why I asked for help from strangers on the internet! From what I've read online I liked the sound of Krabi and Surat Thani

You want to live and work on tropical islands/areas near the beach? Shit, I don't think many other people moving over there think like that.

You should find a plethora of openings, and not much competition for jobs.
Two posts and someone's dishing out the Internet sarcasm, amazing. Of course I'd rather live near a beach. It's not a priority or anything, and I'm aware of the competition for jobs. I'm currently saving so I've got enough to support myself when I first get out there.

I've never been to Thailand before... All I'm asking for is the names of some cool towns and cities that aren't quite as manic as Bangkok. Phone Post
Was speaking to a guy on the plane a few years ago and he said Khon Kaen in issan was an awesome place to teach. Phone Post
3/12/13 10:35 PM
temp226208
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiang Mai is an amazing town. Would have loved to have spent more time there. One of my favorite places in SE Asia. Just enough action.

I'd eventually get a little stir-crazy in Southern Thailand and/or on one of the islands. I can only drink so many Sangsom buckets and watch so many fire-twirlings at a time.

3/13/13 1:26 AM
BrunoMcGyver

Got back to Australia at the end of last week. Had a such a great time. Didn't see much, only went to Chiang Mai, Pai and Pangmapha, but I stayed a month in Pai. I love the place so fuckin much.

Some people say that its too commercial, full of smelly hippies etc. but I love how picturesque and chilled it is. I also love the fact that I can eat Kao Soi, Kao Pad Supparod etc. but can go and get a damn good Felafel or a nice Cheeseburger if I feel like it. I also like that I can do that without getting hassled on the street by beggars, touts or ppl selling me useless shit. One month and not once was I hassled by anyone!

In places like Bali and India that shit's all but a pipe dream!

3/13/13 1:27 AM
BrunoMcGyver

If only I had any idea how to run a business, then I could prolly move to Pai for good lol

3/20/13 3:27 PM
CWolvie
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hear nothing but good things about pai

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.