UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Going to Thailand AMA and TME

3/21/13 4:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So last weekend I learned about Songkran... city-wide (nation-wide actually) free for all water fight... takes place in April.

You can see topless girls getting hosed down here:
http://vimeo.com/search?q=songkran

3/21/13 6:14 AM
hingeunhinged
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Windfall - So last weekend I learned about Songkran... city-wide (nation-wide actually) free for all water fight... takes place in April.

You can see topless girls getting hosed down here:
http://vimeo.com/search?q=songkran

I was in Phuket for that last year....crazzzzy shit Phone Post
3/21/13 6:43 AM
Josh Balis
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont want to burst your bubble but bangkok will be pretty slow for that, it will happen on kho san rd. and a little bit elsewhere but not too much.........great way to get really really sick

3/21/13 7:06 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Not bursting my bubble - I have no desire to get wet.
3/21/13 7:16 AM
Josh Balis
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when you go out just make sure to keep your mouth open for some of that yummy bangkok side of a building hose water

3/22/13 6:40 AM
BrunoMcGyver
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CWolvie - i hear nothing but good things about pai

Mate, I enthusistically recommend it for anyone who's around that area. It's certainly not authentic Thailand - There's a fair bit of western, especially alternative counterculture type influence, but it's still got a damn awesome vibe to it.

Plus there's so many nice things to do outside of town. Within a 15 minute motorbike ride you can be at 2-3 waterfalls, 3-4 hot springs, heaps of cool viewpoints and villages and the Pai Canyon. An hour out and you can be caving at some of the best caves that exist and trekking through some beautiful nature.

Few more pics below. Third one was the view from the door of my bungalow. First pic is part of a waterfall about 8kms southeast of Pai. The second one is of one of the caves in Pangmapha, about 45km northwest of Pai.

3/22/13 6:52 AM
BrunoMcGyver
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends where you go. In Pai I paid $130 for a month's accommdation in a bungalow. It was pretty neat and it was a special deal they do if you stay monthly. Lots of places seem to do these kinda deals. A big bottle of Leo (beer) costs between 70-100 baht at a bar. Sangsom and coke between 40-60 baht a glass.

Meals are between $1 from a genuine Thai place out the main part of town and between $3-6 for a decent Thai or Western meal in the main part of town. renting a 125 cc Scooter costed me about $65 a month including insurance from AyA services.

3/22/13 11:38 PM
soreshins
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got into Bangkok last night and went to lumpinee. Would have tried to meet up with any og'ers that are here but was meeting my Kru to watch the fights. Heading down to Phuket in about 2 hrs to train at Sinbi. Looking forward to it but its HOT Phone Post
3/23/13 3:15 AM
Josh Balis

og meet up monday night? bangkok

3/23/13 3:27 AM
Josh Balis

about to go to bed......fucking street food

3/23/13 3:36 AM
BrunoMcGyver

haha I miss the street food!!

I heard Bangkok street food is pretty hardcore though

3/23/13 3:40 AM
Ham and Egger
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Me too man. Two weeks before I had a solid shit but worth it. I pay about 15 times the price for a sub par Thai dish here. Although I can make a pretty kick ass pad grapow with him grown Thai basil. Phone Post
3/24/13 6:04 AM
Windfall

Two firsts last night... went to RCA, and broke an Asian-heart! (Galt knows the one)

I'm talkin... tears... sobbing... etc. Apparently she cried every day I was in PI.

I'm down for Monday night meetup, if its accessible... (ie, not the remote ghetto of Silom)
3/25/13 7:01 AM
Windfall

So I presume this is scrapped?

I prepared my anus for nothing.
3/25/13 7:08 AM
Windfall

JB, are you leaving behind a 220-w beard trimmer? I fucked up and short-circuited my 110-w beard trimmer last week.
3/25/13 7:53 PM
CWolvie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'll be there may 5th, if any OG'ers wanna meet up.
3/26/13 3:37 AM
DevinS
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pai is a really nice little town. I lived there for 3 months while I was training at Bee's gym there. Tons of western food, couple of really fun bars, nice vibe overall. Easy place to lose track of time of in, hehe. This was in 2009. Some people that were at the gym back then are still in Pai. I'm living in China now and, I gotta say, I miss Thailand.
3/27/13 4:08 AM
BrunoMcGyver

DevinS - Pai is a really nice little town. I lived there for 3 months while I was training at Bee's gym there. Tons of western food, couple of really fun bars, nice vibe overall. Easy place to lose track of time of in, hehe. This was in 2009. Some people that were at the gym back then are still in Pai. I'm living in China now and, I gotta say, I miss Thailand.

Totally agree on Pai being an easy place to lose track of time in. One month went by so fuckin fast I couldn't believe it hey!

What do you do in China mate?

3/29/13 5:29 PM
Windfall

Just demolished my 30 yr old Thai... girl/woman friend.

Oldest I have ever banged.

It was actually really really good... And she told me she is on birth control...

Hope I didn't just create a future loog krueng.
3/29/13 5:30 PM
Ham and Egger
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Windfall - Just demolished my 30 yr old Thai... girl/woman friend.

Oldest I have ever banged.

It was actually really really good... And she told me she is on birth control...

Hope I didn't just create a future loog krueng.

You dun goofed.
3/29/13 5:33 PM
Windfall

Edited: 03/29/13 5:35 PM
I have been double-wing-manning it with this guy from New Delhi for the past 3 days... we sit in Starbucks in Terminal 21, and meet people for hours... gotten numerous dates... and even meet wise farangs... met the guy who owns 858 Fight Shop (San Diego), and met the BJJ trainer at American Top Team Bangkok. (he was wearing a Pride shirt today)

My New Delhi friend literally meets 2-3 girls per day from ThaiFriendly.com... spaces them out hours apart, and fills up the day.
4/3/13 6:21 AM
Windfall

So... Visa experts...
Map of immigration offices

If I have a 30-day "Visa on arrival": my only option (that does not involve leaving the country) is to go to the "Bangkok Chaeng Watthana Immigration Office", and they will give me only 7 more days? Correct?

Or am I able to go to other offices, like the "Bangkok BOI One-Stop Service Center"?
4/3/13 9:16 AM
soreshins
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only got 3 days left. I has a sad Phone Post
4/4/13 1:07 PM
Windfall

Looks like I am going to Laos on Monday... will do a hop-group-thingy.

Why do Thai girls not like jizz in their mouth?

The pron on the internets does not lie... these girls are terrified.

Looks like I will be taking a legit 120-hour CELTA/TESOL course soon... either with Chichester or International House... that way I could work at Wall Street.
4/12/13 8:40 AM
Windfall

So for the first time, I got rained on yesterday. Literally got soaked.

Also - I was a bit shocked by the infrastructure at Asok... the entire sky bridge (below the train, above the road) was flooded - water coming from dozens of spots in the roof.

Bangkok just got a whole lot smaller... one of my issues with Cebu was that everyone knows each other. Bangkok is so big (I thought)! I just did a Monday-Wednesday Laos group-visa-tour-thingy... met a guy who has shares, at least, 1 prior girl with me... and possibly a 2nd. (could not confirm as the wifi was not cooperating in Laos)

This one is a confirmed share, big shocker. Glad I did not bang:
Just left naked girl in bed, to jerk it in shower
(83) [7533] by Windfall - 1 2 3 4

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.