UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Going to Thailand AMA and TME

2/9/13 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ham and Egger
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - 
Ham and Egger - 
BrunoMcGyver - managed to go back to training on thursday, even though my quad was still a bit sore. got thru it ok but the quads still hurting a bit. im gonna try go back this arvo since theres usually a bbq afterwards every saturday. meh ???lol

I want details on the BBQ. I miss Thailand.

They usually have a bbq at the gym every Saturday night if someone who's been there for over a month is leaving, which tends to be every weekend.

Everyone just chucks in 100 baht and they get shitloads of chicken, meat on sticks and heaps of other nice shit and bbq it up at the gym. the trainers and some of us students play cash games of poker and others just mingle until the food is gone and someone suggests a bar to continue the party at. it's pretty fun.

although i've decided i won't go today because the quad's bugging me pretty fucking bad. i'm thinking about even stopping training early and just keep backpacking again. sucks if i throw it in, but i did it for a week and a half, which was enough to realise that, while a great experience, i don't have the talent needed to fight hahaha

Sounds awesome. Dont be discouraged.
2/9/13 9:58 PM
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True. Might get a massage for my quad to see if that makes any difference. Fingers crossed.

Didn't go to training but went to the bbq lol. Ended up going to practically every bar in Pai til 4am. Best thing about this place is I've yet to see one douchebag in the 2 weeks I've been here. Everyone's so chilled its awesome.
2/10/13 10:42 PM
Z
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the recommendation Windfall. Going to check it out.

Z
2/11/13 1:20 AM
Galt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Windfall - 
Galt - Yo Windfall, looks like I'm about to be single so I am gonna wild it each time they lol.

Well I leave for Cebu on Friday... so I won't be able to tag team any trannys for awhile.

And just before Valentine's Day? Is she booting you out? Or are you booting her out?

She's back in, but not for long I think. I'm likely heading down to Koh Samu after Mar 8th.
2/11/13 6:49 AM
Windfall
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galt - She's back in, but not for long I think.

Facebook - "Galt" is engaged

You don't say?
2/11/13 7:49 AM
Windfall
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just had my teeth cleaned at DentaHouse on Soi 22. The dentist marveled at how well I clean them (this is accurate) and he said there is only plaque on the inside-bottom gums/teeth (accurate). Said he will only charge me 200 baht, including flouride treatment. My god this Thailand.

What can I do with this 20k baht?

I don't want any bar slag... how can I get two 18 yr old University girls to take turns licking my sack until I 1-man bukkake their lovely faces?
2/12/13 12:25 AM
Galt

LOL :) That is for nefarious purposes. I wouldn't feel right just kicking her out since I've got a shitload of weed at home and Thai women can be vengeful.

I'm probably going for a kebab over by soi 3 today if you wanna grab a few beers.
2/12/13 4:07 AM
Galt

I think that might be a bad idea on the OG even though I don't think an anonymous internet tip is going to set the boys in brown on me.
Can do one on the other forum though.
2/12/13 8:31 PM
Galt

Got one up. Though I am not very informative at the moment GF didn't come home last night so I am gonna put some measures in place today.
Ah well, I got one of my standard 300tbh for the room 400tbh for the girl yesterday myself.
2/13/13 1:32 PM
CWolvie
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey BrunoMcGyver ,
how is Pai? Since reading this thread, i've thought about going to pai. Where are you training? And are you taking malaria tablets in that area? Or do they just have the mosquito nets style shit?
2/13/13 10:04 PM
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi CWolvie!

Pai's great hey, quite an awesome place. It's not authentic Thailand, but it's got it's own vibe going on. I love it, and most people do. It's a really chilled place where most of the bars play reggae. My hangout though, a place called Blah Blah, plays punk. I go there because the booze is the cheapest lol and the guy who runs it is the shit.

You will have a better trip if you hire a bike though, it opens up the countryside (which has heaps of nice temples, hot springs, waterfalls etc.) which makes it so much better.

I was training at Charn Chai Muay Thai. I've since stopped because I had a bike accident which messed my right quadriceps up. Shit happens. I'm just living at bars now lol still awesome!

But it's a great gym. The head trainer/owner is a guy called Bee, who was #1 in Lumpini and Rajamadern (spelling?) in the late 90s. He's also trained at Mike's Gym with Gilbert Yvel, Melvin Manhoef and the like. He's a TOP-NOTCH trainer and an awesome guy. There are about 4-5 other trainers who are also great. They push you hard but do it for your benefit. Because Pai's so chilled and hippie-like, there are no douchebags at all at the gym. All the ppl I've met there are great people. I enthusiastically recommend it to anyone.

I haven't used tablets at all. I've been quite lucky with the mossies, not lucky with anything else though lol. Chased by dogs, bike accident, lost bankcard, rash on my foot (from band-aids). Hahaha still though, I'm having a great time, that's all because of the atmosphere in Pai and the great people who are here.

2/14/13 4:08 PM
CWolvie
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

based on the use of the word mozzies, i'm taking you're australian?

Only reason why i say that is because I'm looking at tourist visas and shit. I don't like the idea of doing border runs every 15 days. Did you get the multi-entry tourist visa that's for commonwealth nations?

Also, that sucks bro. How much do the bikes go for? And how did you get there? Did you fly into bangkok...take a train to chang mai and then head to pai after?

Only reason why i ask is because i'm curious about funds. I'm going to be a little low after training in the US before i head to thailand.

2/14/13 10:55 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Yup, Australian. I got a single entry tourist visa for 60 days. Def more convenient! Fuck wasting time on border runs.

Im renting a crappy lil scooter or 1500 baht a month plus 500 baht damage insurance (enthusiastically recommend this). It costs about 100 baht to fill a tank.

I flew from Perth, where I live, to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and onto Chiang Mai from there. Most peopl Ive met in Pai did what you said though, Bangkok then train to CM then bus or bike to Pai.

Id save a few grand in funds if I were you. Life here is cheap, but spending seems to be less disciplined because of it. Since Im not training, Im EASILY blowing 900 baht a day, about half of that being at bars.

2/14/13 11:38 PM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

latr
2/18/13 10:26 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Made out with a chick for the first time in like fuckin ages last night. 20 year old Dutch chick. We were both drunk as fuck. Was alright. Thank you Thailand. I promise next time I'll go the full way. :D :D

2/18/13 10:30 PM
soreshins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just booked for couple weeks at the end of March. Going back to Phuket as we always train down at Sinbi gym. Can't wait to get back but only have 30 days to get in a bit better shape! Phone Post
2/18/13 10:33 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Nice man! Heard awesome things about Sinbi. Hope ya have a kick arse time!!

2/21/13 2:15 AM
Windfall

Cebu City is so different than Bangkok... been here like 5/6 days now... the girls all love Whitey here... and all speak English.

But its so small here. Every girl knows every other girl. It's like high school.

Not sure what I think so far... Bangkok is so epic... but dating, and putting my penis inside of things, is so easy here.
2/21/13 2:54 AM
Galt

You've still gotta come drink with me in the slum!
2/21/13 3:40 AM
Windfall

I have no intention of ever doing that. You gotta come to where I know I won't get knives or bottles plunged into my precious lily-white flesh.

Being that you work at Asok... this should not be difficult.
2/21/13 9:12 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Went caving in Pamgmapha yesterday. Most epic day ever. Truly magical.

2/21/13 9:26 PM
temp226208
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got back from a month in SE Asia.

As far as Thailand, Koh Tao was a definite highlight.
2/21/13 10:00 PM
Galt

C'mon dude where's the fun in that. The threat of an imminent stabbing brings out the best game I can muster.
3/7/13 1:08 PM
Windfall

So I leave Thailand, and this thread dies...

I just got back from 21 days in Cebu City, PI... I have to be honest, I am going to have a hard time justifying staying in Bangkok now.

The Visa/border-hop bullshit in Thailand is almost a deal breaker in and of itself...

Throw in... for Cebu... superior weather (5-10 degrees cooler on any given day), all girls speak English, cheaper beer/taxis, did I mention PI girls love white cock?

Literally every foreigner I met in Cebu has a business, or is there to start a business, and/or owns property... things that are absurdly difficult for a foreigner in Thailand. Foreigners are, ultimately, just not all that welcome in Thailand.

I got a tour of some resort condos that are in development in Cebu, and I am very very interested... pimp studio in the nicest location... with a view, pools, gym, security, etc, 68k (usd) over 8 years... or 58k up front... to live in paradise.
3/7/13 1:25 PM
Windfall

Edited: 03/07/13 1:29 PM
Anyway, I flew in tonight... a few days ago I got denied a 60-day Visa at the Thai Consulate in Cebu... because I did not have a copy of my plane ticket, and 'proof' of where I would live in Bangkok... (WTF Thailand!!!).

To extend your PI Visa... walk across the street to the mall, or go into the local immigration bureau. No border-hopping. No bullshit.

It was 50/50 whether I was going to go to the airport today... but I am here for at least 30 days... gonna get a root canal, maybe a couple wisdom teeth pulled... maybe some shirts tailored... maybe bareback a couple trannys with Galt... not sure I will stay more than 30 days, if the spirit of PI is calling me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.