UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Going to Thailand AMA and TME

11/17/12 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bananatoles
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One time I shit my pants in Thailand.

Well my friends say I shot my pants but the truth is I made it to the bungalow washroom and shit on the floor.

Great times Phone Post
11/17/12 4:29 PM
soreshins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bananatoles - One time I shit my pants in Thailand.

Well my friends say I shot my pants but the truth is I made it to the bungalow washroom and shit on the floor.

Great times Phone Post
I did the same whilst getting cash out an ATM in patong. Had to run into a club, dump my undies, wash my trousers and then get a tuk tuk home. Thai food wins again! Phone Post
11/17/12 5:08 PM
Bananatoles
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soreshins -
Bananatoles - One time I shit my pants in Thailand.

Great times Phone Post
I did the same whilst getting cash out an ATM in patong. Had to run into a club, dump my undies, wash my trousers and then get a tuk tuk home. Thai food wins again! Phone Post
Haha ya. Booze for a month mixed with Thai street food Phone Post
11/17/12 5:09 PM
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone been to Isaan? What's that like? Thinking about going there as, from what I've read, it seems to be a little different to the rest of Thailand.
11/17/12 7:20 PM
soreshins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never been. Its a poorer part of the country but people are meant to be very nice. Most of the bar girls in Phuket are from issan. Phone Post
11/17/12 7:21 PM
soreshins

*yes, that is from personal experience lol* Phone Post
11/17/12 7:24 PM
Damien8003
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna bang any ladyboys while there??
11/17/12 8:18 PM
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damien8003 - Gonna bang any ladyboys while there??

Only if they're black
11/18/12 11:48 AM
OctaviousBP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ham and Egger - 
OctaviousBP - 
Ham and Egger - 
BrunoMcGyver -
Ham and Egger -  6 days till I leave as well. Fuckin psyched. Phone Post

Nice, where abouts and for how long?

Let us know how ya go mate!
Landing in Bangkok on the 22nd. Gonna check out pattaya, ayuatha and maybe angor wat. Then up to Chang Mai for Loy kratong. Will have to head back to take finals early December. Phone Post

Make SURE you're at Mae Jo university in Chiang Mai the evening of November 30th. It's absolutely amazing. Bring a camera.

I would try and get there around 5 and try and find a place to park.

Man thanks so much. This is exactly the kind of info Ive been looking for.

No worries. If you have any specific questions about Chiang Mai or the north, let me know. Lots of good restaurant recos for CM...
11/18/12 10:31 PM
BrunoMcGyver

^ please give some restaurant recommendations in Chiang Mai. I'd prefer genuine Thai places on the cheap side (under 100 baht a meal if such places exist). If you know of any awesome non-Thai places though, I'd be keen as well.

Do you recommend seeing any places in the north besides CM, Pai and Mae Hong Son?
11/19/12 4:57 AM
BrunoMcGyver

ttt
11/19/12 5:44 AM
Galt

I have lived in Yasodthon and Ubon Ratchatani, I prefer Isaan to BKK but live here for more and easier money.
11/19/12 5:44 AM
Otsuka
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoWdA101 -  No matter how good she looks, she is a man. Phone Post

haha

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8j7i5wN7j1romq0yo1_500.jpg
11/19/12 9:14 AM
OctaviousBP

BrunoMcGyver - ^ please give some restaurant recommendations in Chiang Mai. I'd prefer genuine Thai places on the cheap side (under 100 baht a meal if such places exist). If you know of any awesome non-Thai places though, I'd be keen as well.

Do you recommend seeing any places in the north besides CM, Pai and Mae Hong Son?

Okay, some of this info will be dated, but:

For cheap and centrally located, I would eat breakfast/lunch at Silom Joy right inside Thapae gate whenever I spent the night in town. It was 40B for Pad Grapow gap Khai Dow (Basil chicken with fried egg on top). Get a shake for additional 15B. The place is usually filled with backpackers, but they haven't compromised on the dishes to suit them.

For my favourite "authentic" Pad Grapow, the taxi stand across from the Four Seasons on Samoeng Road (just north of Chiang Mai on the way to Mae Rim) was fantastic. Not a word of English spoken, so make sure you can order comfortably in Thai. Maybe they have an English menu now? Keep heading down the road (Samoeng Road) a bit for a Wawee coffee that is beautifully located overlooking a rice paddy.

Galae restaurant overlooks a reservoir in the mountains at the end of Suthep road. Not cheap (or expensive by Western standards), but picturesque and popular wit Hi-So.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=galae,+chiang+mai,+thailand&hl=en&ll=18.793167,98.946605&spn=0.008379,0.013937&sll=18.9293,98.938247&sspn=0.002103,0.003484&t=h&hq=galae,&hnear=Chiang+Mai,+Thailand&z=17

I will try for more things later. Google Maps is new for the area, and kind of blowing my mind right now. Amazing how thorough it is...
11/19/12 7:22 PM
BrunoMcGyver

^that's awesome mate. cheers! will dfinitely be useful for me im sure! love nice fresh food.

What was Ubon like Galt? I know one of Legacy Gym's gyms is there and I've read it's meant to be pretty chilled out adn that.
11/19/12 7:26 PM
mofomike
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP living it up:

11/19/12 7:49 PM
Galt

BrunoMcGyver - ^that's awesome mate. cheers! will dfinitely be useful for me im sure! love nice fresh food.

What was Ubon like Galt? I know one of Legacy Gym's gyms is there and I've read it's meant to be pretty chilled out adn that.

I really liked it, actually trained at Legacy for a bit. Ole Laursen is a good trainer and the head coach(can't remember his name) was absolutely amazing, real genius at MT.
Ubon was just really laid back and chill, I think I would've enjoyed it more if I spoke more That but as another poster above mentioned the Isaaan people are really down to earth and chilled out.
11/19/12 7:54 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PIcs and vids ?

11/19/12 7:54 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaronrodgers=GOAT - 

PIcs and vids ?

Of gym and traneing I mean

11/19/12 8:03 PM
BrunoMcGyver

mofomike - 

OP living it up:

Nah bro, I love em with a bit more Adam's Apple!
11/19/12 8:03 PM
ShakaFerreira
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In.
11/19/12 8:06 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Galt - 
BrunoMcGyver - ^that's awesome mate. cheers! will dfinitely be useful for me im sure! love nice fresh food.

I really liked it, actually trained at Legacy for a bit. Ole Laursen is a good trainer and the head coach(can't remember his name) was absolutely amazing, real genius at MT.
Ubon was just really laid back and chill, I think I would've enjoyed it more if I spoke more That but as another poster above mentioned the Isaaan people are really down to earth and chilled out.

Nice. Would love to go over while I'm there. It's a bit far from the north but hopefully I can make a few months of it and see a lot of it.

Hope to make it to BKK for a couple days. If I do I'm offering to buy ya a drink or 6.

Same offer goes to any of you who'll be in T/Land at that time.
11/19/12 10:22 PM
Windfall
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/19/12 10:22 PM
I plan to start off living on Sukhumvit Soi 27 again (near Asoke BTS)... then I will research where I want to stay permanently.

Requirements:
1. < 5 min walk to a big grocery store. (fresh fruit, etc)
2. < 5 in walk to a sky train stop.
3. Abundance of 18-22 yr old english-speaking non-prostitute girls. (presumably well-to-do students)
11/20/12 3:37 PM
Ham and Egger
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Windfall - I plan to start off living on Sukhumvit Soi 27 again (near Asoke BTS)... then I will research where I want to stay permanently.

Requirements:
1. < 5 min walk to a big grocery store. (fresh fruit, etc)
2. < 5 in walk to a sky train stop.
3. Abundance of 18-22 yr old english-speaking non-prostitute girls. (presumably well-to-do students)

Im just on the other side of Lumphini park on Silom.
11/20/12 3:52 PM
ShakaFerreira
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suggest giving this a listen once you get to Thailand. You're welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUb24lEWt4A

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.